Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Elimination Chamber 2018 Thread *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Bummer guys, John Cena is not going to Wrestlemania. He will be so sad as it means so much to him.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

There building bruan up just so roman can beat him all alone

• Registered Users Posts: 37,981 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sky88 wrote: »
    There building bruan up just so roman can beat him all alone

ahhh **** wwe I want to sleep but don't want to miss this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Braun, ultrahuman. :rolleyes:

What a frog splash!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

"Most dominant performance in Elimination Chamber history, and Reigns beat him. Reigns is clearly better! Reigns, the crowd are on their feet cheering" *boos ring around*. "The most loved and greatest superstar ever, Roman Reigns"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,981 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ahhh **** u wwe

F*ck wrestling.

Regardless of the result that wasnt a good chamber match.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Well the most obvious result in history.

Strowman the right man to win. Booman main events 3 years in a row. *sighs*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Strowman Reigns Lesnar triple threat? I could get behind that

• Advertisement

Ugh... Roman Lesner wasnt that great a few years ago. Rollins saved it.

Very frustrated watching this tonight. Everything decent up till that match there. Superoverpowered Braun was almost pointless, he kicked out of like 5 or 6 finishers in a row. And then that shoihawk Roman still wins?

F*ck wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Necrominus wrote: »
    Well the most obvious result in history.

Strowman the right man to win. Booman main events 3 years in a row. *sighs*

4.:o

Also, the smarky fans in the crowd tonight were absolute trash. I hate that sort of We deserve to be over ****e. Be it beachballs or ****ting on someone for making a promo, no one pays to see a bunch of replica belt sporting, whiny humanoids try and get themselves over. They're an embarrassment to the rest of us wrestling fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Maybe this has been Vince's plan all along with Reigns. I honestly haven't got the energy or interest anymore to argue about what they're doing with him. I am defeated, worn down and in acceptance. :pac:

He learned his lesson with the Lex Luger experiment. "You just need to keep it going, god dammit, pal!"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I don't even like Braun THAT much so his superhuman stuff is a pain enough but just doing lol Reigns in the end is really poor.

At least have Reigns beat Rollins in the end to tie together Rollins resurgence, the Shield reunion and of course Rollins cash during Reigns v Brock.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kurt probably performed as good as anyone else in the Rousey segment which is kinda bad. It was one of those where you miss a performer of Vince's calibre before he started losing track doing promos.
    Stephanie getting the shot in after she put HHH through the table was confusing but not surprising.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm really hoping that the ending is cause they've opted for a triple threat. Given how hard they've pushed Brawn, given the year he's had, he deserves from a character and story point of view to be in that match.

Thought it was ok as a PPV, but nothing special. Given we knew pretty much every result before it happened, they needed a few spectacular moments, and I don't know if they actually nailed any.

triple threat is only thing that would make sense after the ending so knowing how they like to screw up romans booking itll be a one on one match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,144 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

In Vince's head, that Elimination Chamber ending, with Reigns overcoming big Brawn, at the end of a rollercoaster year, would've been epic. On paper, because he's out of touch, he will have no idea why it isn't working with the audience.

Poor guy.

They're also going to kill Brawn soon if they're not careful. It's getting repetitive. He kills a lot of people regularly but never quite wins the big one. It doesn't matter how many times you rehab him by telling everyone how dominant he was and is, eventually the losses will take a toll.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

ERG89 wrote: »
    Kurt probably performed as good as anyone else in the Rousey segment which is kinda bad.

Couple of questions on that?

Is Kurt sick or is it part of a gimmick? He looks like he has heart issues and or early Parkinsons.

Are they going with Ronda vs Steph? One of the greatest female fighters ever vs someone who doesn't even wrestle.

And an observation, Ronda is terrible on the mic. Basic things like not speaking loud enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The Nal wrote: »
    Couple of questions on that?

Is Kurt sick or is it part of a gimmick? He looks like he has heart issues and or early Parkinsons.

Are they going with Ronda vs Steph? One of the greatest female fighters ever vs someone who doesn't even wrestle.

And an observation, Ronda is terrible o the mic. Basic things like not speaking loud enough.

I'm not booking the program but I do worry with Kurt's flubs and slurring might not be due to forgetting lines. I used to laugh at John Pollock talking about it but I don't now :(

The Nal wrote: »

I'd be guessing Ronda/Kurt vs Steph/HHH, based on the segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd be guessing Ronda/Kurt vs Steph/HHH, based on the segment.

Ronda_Rousey_walking_weight.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

So now we know why it was made a 7 man match...So Brawn could eliminate 5 people without eliminating Reigns.......bloody hell

Brian Alverez actually nails the issue, imo

“We all knew that Roman Reigns was going to win. I’m not upset at that at all. I knew that was gonna happen. But when we were going down the list of predictions for this show - ‘How are they going to get rid of everybody?’ - Everybody was asking, ‘What are they gonna do with Braun Strowman? They been pushing this guy like crazy!’ I went, ‘Well, you know, I’ll tell ya the one thing they’re not gonna do: They’re not just gonna pin the guy. Something will happen. They’ll gimmick the cage. He’ll be throw outside, or guys will show up.’ I am so ****ing disappointed in myself that I didn't look at the goddamn ****ing most logical scenario, which is 'Roman Reigns pins Braun Strowman clean in the ****ing middle of the ring.' How did I not see that coming?

I don't know if you remember this or not - I'd have to go back because I don't know if it was last year, or the year before, or the ****ing year before that, because they just won't give up on this - that was ****ing Braun Strowman's exact roll the last time they did this! They built up Braun all during Wrestlemania season, all so that Roman Reigns could beat him and then go on to Wrestlemania. How the **** did I not see that today?!

Alright, fine. I should have known. I did the same ****ing rant a year ago. It’s Vince McMahon. Roman Reigns is going to be the guy, so what does he have to do before he goes for the title? He must beat a giant. He had that horrible feud with the Big Show - one ****ing terrible match after another. They kept doing this ****ing match because he had to beat a giant. They did the same thing with Braun Strowman. He must beat a ****ing giant! We get it! It’s been four ****ing years! So here’s this giant, and Roman Reigns has got to beat the guy.

Did you watch this Chamber match? This is a rhetorical question. You did, right? Everybody did. Braun Strowman goes in there and he pins - lemme get my list, because it was ****ing everybody! He pinned The Drifter. He pinned Seth Rollins. He pinned Finn Balor. He pinned The Miz. Four guys! [Editors note: He also pinned John Cena.] He pinned everybody in the match. I don’t understand why so much hard work was put into Braun Strowman in this match and then they beat him. I’m not one of those guys who hates Roman Reigns. I have nothing against Roman Reigns. I think he’s a good worker. But as a fan, who does not hate Roman Reigns I might add, when this match was over do you know who I wanted to see face Brock Lesnar? It wasn’t ****ing Roman Reigns! It was Braun Strowman! He was the star of the ****ing match! What the **** were they thinking here?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I forgot the show was on last night, and just went on instagram and spoiled the whole show for myself, and I am so unbelievably delighted i did

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

SlickRic wrote: »
    They're also going to kill Brawn soon if they're not careful. It's getting repetitive. He kills a lot of people regularly but never quite wins the big one.

This is what iv'e been saying here for weeks, he never wins on ppv, i like the character but they are ruining him, its boring now, he can pick up trucks, he can pull down stages, he can destroy people, but the one thing he cant do is win a match on ppv, but hey he might be out singing with elias again tonight and we can all laugh and forget last night ever happened....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Delighted that common sense prevailed and it will be Reigns vs Lesnar at Mania. Thankfully Vince still has a clue unlike many of his detractors.

Just a shame the focus seemed to be on protecting Braun rather than putting over the Mania title challenger. That was dumb. Hopefully they are not considering making it a triple threat match.

Advertisement