Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Elimination Chamber 2018 Thread *Spoilers*

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The Lesnar vs Braun match was terrible so I don't see why they'd have it as a Mania main event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

The Nal wrote: »
    The Lesnar vs Braun match was terrible so I don't see why they'd have it as a Mania main event.

Well that's the kicker in all of this: Reigns has actually become a very solid worker and I'm sure him and Lesnar will do something decent together, but it's all a little too late. They fcuked him by blowing their load too soon once they realised their dreams were coming true and that Reigns was going to be the breakout star of the shield.

They slingshot him and now they're doing the opposite with Braun who has become a walking contradiction; an unstoppable monster but a monster who has frequently come up short. Each time it happens you take him a little less seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm really hoping that the ending is cause they've opted for a triple threat. Given how hard they've pushed Brawn, given the year he's had, he deserves from a character and story point of view to be in that match.

Thought it was ok as a PPV, but nothing special. Given we knew pretty much every result before it happened, they needed a few spectacular moments, and I don't know if they actually nailed any.

Don't hope dude, it'll kill ya, it's Lesnar/Reigns for the Championship at Mania , probably much to the displeasure of pretty much everyone here, well almost everyone..

I'm so empathetic to it now, i'll watch Mania, then clock out before the Universal Championship match.

I'm just hoping Brock rag-dolls Roman a bit before being forced to eat the pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭chatticusfinch

Is anyone actually entertained by Lesnar anymore? I find him such a snooze; he's like watching that one mate of yours who would spam the same move over and over again on Smackdown 2. That, and I find the part time nature of the Universal Championship a real bore too. The belt should always be the main focus of the program on a week to week basis, not because the champ is arsed or not to leave Sable up in Saskatchewan :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Ive no intrest in brock so him againist something weve seen before holds even less intrest

Like lithium ill be checking out when its on mania so hopefully its on last so i can get some extra sleep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So what will be the WM main event then?

Brock vs Roman or HHH & Steph vs Ronda & Rock(if they can get him)/Angle.

sky88 wrote: »
    Ive no intrest in brock so him againist something weve seen before holds even less intrest

Like lithium ill be checking out when its on mania so hopefully its on last so i can get some extra sleep

I've to admit, I'm even bored of Heyman and his spiel, which I never thought I would be. But here we are.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I've to admit, I'm even bored of Heyman and his spiel, which I never thought I would be. But here we are.

Yea he hasnt changed it in a long long time. Honestly the only promo i remember recently is were the couple got engaged and he played off it brilliantly

sky88 wrote: »
    Yea he hasnt changed it in a long long time. Honestly the only promo i remember recently is were the couple got engaged and he played off it brilliantly

Watching him a few times, and I've almost got his shtick for Lesnar down perfectly. Got to wonder is he doing it just for the money & Brock's around, or what could be keeping him about?

Ah yeah that was the RAW before Survivor Series..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Watching him a few times, and I've almost got his shtick for Lesnar down perfectly. Got to wonder is he doing it just for the money & Brock's around, or what could be keeping him about?

Ah yeah that was the RAW before Survivor Series..

I say its to keep brock happy and money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

The Nal wrote: »
    Couple of questions on that?

Is Kurt sick or is it part of a gimmick? He looks like he has heart issues and or early Parkinsons.

I hope Hunter has enough decency and class to make a joke about it like he did if Kurt has serious health issues.
    Are they going with Ronda vs Steph? One of the greatest female fighters ever vs someone who doesn't even wrestle.

God NO, A newbie worker against a selfish egomaniac who won't sell or bump. Its supposed to be a Mixed Tag with Rock and Ronda against the Golden Shovels.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Is anyone actually entertained by Lesnar anymore? I find him such a snooze; he's like watching that one mate of yours who would spam the same move over and over again on Smackdown 2. That, and I find the part time nature of the Universal Championship a real bore too. The belt should always be the main focus of the program on a week to week basis, not because the champ is arsed or not to leave Sable up in Saskatchewan:p

I am entertained by him. I would much rather see Brock German Suplexing dudes than most of the stuff they put on TV. The fact he only has to do one move to get over is a great thing. Not many in the business that could manage that reaction. Universal Title is the most important title in the company right now I feel.

Honestly the title being non existent since goldberg won it. Very little of note happened in his reign. Id say the 2 tag titles are a level right now for the quality of matches there has been in the same time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Is anyone actually entertained by Lesnar anymore? I find him such a snooze;

SUPLEX CITY BITCH!!!!!!!!! Seriously though, Hogan got over with just a Big Boot and a Leg Drop. Brock can be over with German Suplexes and the F-5.
    That, and I find the part time nature of the Universal Championship a real bore too. The belt should always be the main focus of the program on a week to week basis,

I think they're trying to book him [due to his contract] as this Pre- Monday Night wars throw back where the Champion wasn't always on TV every week [Hogan was in NJPW for most of his title runs] thus making when they did appear a much bigger deal. The Champion being on Tv everyweek only happened during the MNWs because they need the Champ to be there for ratings.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I disagree that the Universal Title is the most important title. Not being there for most of the year doesn't make me anticipate when it does show up, it just makes me think that it's a bit bollocks.

Give me AJ and the WWE title any day.

The WWE Title was defended in the opening match of the actual Royal Rumble event. That handicap match feud with Zayn and Owens was a real snoozefest. The triple threat with Brock, Braun and Kane was treated as a much bigger deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hope they don't go back on the Sasha Bayley feud now.
    Alexa fooled me with her promo as well. Was thinking it was annoying how she was sounding like a face with her emotions and all. Then she turned with expression change as well

I noticed they protected both Seth and Finn's finishers, with Strowman going outside the ring and then Finn being powerslammed after hitting on Reigns

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I actually seen something that bothers me more than the usual Reigns wins lol BS

Strowmans finishing move is weak as fcuk, last night every time it was just a slam. There's no pop to it at all, Strowman in general is a beast and very believable but he needs some sort of a different finisher. Other big guys who relied on power over the years have a lot better powerful finishing moves

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

I actually liked a contract signing. Makes a nice change.
    Angron wrote: »
    I disagree that the Universal Title is the most important title. Not being there for most of the year doesn't make me anticipate when it does show up, it just makes me think that it's a bit bollocks.

Vacancy, throwaway Goldberg run and absent champion redo of WWE title reign has done it no favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

How long has their been a mat on the outside of the chamber floor. I think it takes a bit away from the spectacle as the noise of just walking on it adds to the atmosphere of how dangerous the match is supposed to be.
    Both Chamber matches were ok, nothing more. The midcard bar Jax vs Asuka was a long lull. Woken Matt had another night to forget...again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The WWE Title was defended in the opening match of the actual Royal Rumble event. That handicap match feud with Zayn and Owens was a real snoozefest. The triple threat with Brock, Braun and Kane was treated as a much bigger deal.

I love Kane, and will forgive the amount of awful stuff he's been involved in more than possibly anyone, but there's no way that the triple threat match was anything more than "stick the title on the show", and the feud was balls outside of Strowman's stuff that is then never really built on.

Angron wrote: »
    I love Kane, and will forgive the amount of awful stuff he's been involved in more than possibly anyone, but there's no way that the triple threat match was anything more than "stick the title on the show", and the feud was balls outside of Strowman's stuff that is then never really built on.

Both were filler programs while we wait for Mania but it seemed obvious to me that the Universal Title match was featured far more prominently in the show build. I think the WWE Title's stock has badly dropped after the awful Wyatt-Orton program, followed by the dismal Orton-Mahal one, and then the failed Mahal experiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Meant to say that WWE really need to rethink their camera direction. It doesn't just annoy people at home, but it affects the commentators as well. Like when Seth was pinned and Cole seemed to genuinely ask if it was 3 due to the camera changing at 2 for some reason to being behind one of the other wrestlers.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Meant to say that WWE really need to rethink their camera direction. It doesn't just annoy people at home, but it affects the commentators as well. Like when Seth was pinned and Cole seemed to genuinely ask if it was 3 due to the camera changing at 2 for some reason to being behind one of the other wrestlers.

The constant cutting from one camera to another is really off putting too. It's just making it difficult to follow when you're getting a new angle for every punch thrown.

Advertisement