Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Elimination Chamber 2018 Thread *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just cause it was straight after Raw and I didn't want accidental clicks from people and getting spoilers. :)

Yeah, it's 7 people in the chamber. I guess they added Seth when yet another partner of his imploded, leaving him with nothing to do....

• Registered Users Posts: 85,361 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd love to see Finn or Miz win

• Registered Users Posts: 7,707 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Ronda Rousey slated to appear at Elimination Chamber to sign her WWE contract, and one imagines set the wheels in motion for her 'Mania match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

This Ronda stuff seems like such a waste of time :/ I feel like she's gonna be awful.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Ronda Rousey slated to appear at Elimination Chamber to sign her WWE contract, and one imagines set the wheels in motion for her 'Mania match.

So I guess she will end the show facing off with the women's chamber winner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So I guess she will end the show facing off with the women's chamber winner

If she doesn't then her coming out at the end of the Rumble was a waste and overshadowed the womens rumble for no reason if she has this tag match against Stephanie that's rumoured

• Registered Users Posts: 37,907 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

can see a few mania being set up at this event
    Can see Miz and miztourage getting Braun Strowman elinimated from the chamber match which will lead to a mania match between miz and strowman with hopefully Braun winning an intercon title
    With Ronda Rousey appearing it might set up the Ronday vs Stephanie storyline
    Obv Reigns vs Lesner will be setup unless wwe are trolling us and someone else wins the chamber match. Balor vs Lesner at mania or Strowman vs Lesner ???
    Cena getting eliminated early and been all dispressed, next night challegnes taker

The final card:-

Matt Hardy vs Bray Wyatt

Asuka vs Nia Jax (if Nia Jax wins she will be added to the Raw women's championship match at WrestleMania 34)

The Bar vs Titus Worldwide for the Raw Tag Team Championship

The Women's Elimination Chamber match for the Raw Women's Championship (Alexa Bliss (C), Bayley, Sasha Banks, Sonya Deville, Mandy Rose and Mickie James)

The Men's Elimination Chamber match for a shot at the Universal Championship at WrestleMania 34 (The Miz, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, John Cena, Braun Strowman, Elias and Finn Balor)

Ronda Rousey's contract signing

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Pinkman

So I take it the chamber match will start off as a 3 way, presumably with Rollins, Finn (seeing as they were last to qualify) and probably Miz. I can see Rollins having another long night and lasting right to the end either losing to Roman or they will pin each other in some way leading to a triple threat with Brock at Mania. Personally I'd prefer the latter. The crowd need someone to get behind and the idea of ANOTHER Roman coronation is too predictable. At least with Seth in there it makes things less predictable as to who will win and will also make for a significantly better match. The story is also set up perfectly from 3 years ago. It has the potential to rivan Rollins vs Lesnar vs Cena from Rumble 15 as the best triple threat match in years.

could we see the wwe debut of Brother Nero with Jeff Hardy returing to help Woken matt beat Bray Wyatt ???

prob stay up for the event although i have a bloddy turas nua course at 9.30 monday morning :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Brock/Roman face off confirmed for RAW after Elimination Chamber

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looks like the preshow match is
    Gallows/Anderson vs Dallas/Axel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'd love to see Finn or Miz win

Wish it was Balor. Been into the idea of the David vs Goliath championship match-up with Lesnar since his Summerslam match with Bryan was rumoured.

Plus I'm tired of giants colliding at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Love the idea of finn brock cause you can use the club too have finn be heelish too

Then do seth vs roman playing off the rumble elimination and seth. Dont even have to turn any one heel just both trying to prove there the man

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finn vs Brock would be a total farce. Balor looks small standing next to Rollins, never mind standing for a face-off with Brock Lesnar. The casual audience would laugh if you stuck those two on a billboard together. Imagine Finn Balor turning up on Conan O'Brien's show the week of Mania - Conan would tower over him too - and trying to convince millions of Americans that he can defeat the former UFC Heavyweight Champion. The audience would probably burst out laughing. I like Finn but let's be real here.

The main event of Mania needs two badass dudes who look like they can tear it up. Reigns vs Lesnar is the match that will carry the most crossover appeal so I hope Vince has the courage to go for it, as it's obviously a match he's wanted to do for some time.

Daniel bryan looked redicolous next to orton and batista but it didnt stop him having one of the best mania moments and main events and doing all the media in the world hell Hbk looked redicolous next to taker. Wwe is all about suspending disbelief and finn vs brock could be one of these moments.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Finn vs Brock would be a total farce. Balor looks small standing next to Rollins, never mind standing for a face-off with Brock Lesnar. The casual audience would laugh if you stuck those two on a billboard together. Imagine Finn Balor turning up on Conan O'Brien's show the week of Mania - Conan would tower over him too - and trying to convince millions of Americans that he can defeat the former UFC Heavyweight Champion. The audience would probably burst out laughing. I like Finn but let's be real here.

The main event of Mania needs two badass dudes who look like they can tear it up. Reigns vs Lesnar is the match that will carry the most crossover appeal so I hope Vince has the courage to go for it, as it's obviously a match he's wanted to do for some time.

giphy.gif

But in case you are It worked for Eddie Brock.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Loughc wrote: »

I am serious - and don't call me Shirley!

Eddie was bigger than Finn physique wise when he fought Brock and it was still played up as a total mismatch. Goldberg interfered prior to the finish, which is often forgotten. Finn will look like a Cruiserweight next to Brock because realistically that's what he is.
    sky88 wrote:
    Daniel bryan looked redicolous next to orton and batista but it didnt stop him having one of the best mania moments and main events and doing all the media in the world hell Hbk looked redicolous next to taker. Wwe is all about suspending disbelief and finn vs brock could be one of these moments.

There's suspension of belief and then there's "don't be ridiculous". This would be like expecting Hurricane Helms to defeat Kane in a singles match.

Don't forget prior to Bryan getting injured he was supposed to be in the Cena spot of being absolutely destroyed by Brock.

why does Ronda need an entourage to sign a contract

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Loughc wrote: »
    giphy.gif

He's right to be fair.

Finn v Brock could be done, but it would need months of booking Finn as an absolute killer to make it somewhat creditable. Mania? to soon, to get Finn to that level.

I don't care that much about Roman, but he is the biggest full time star right now in the company so its the obvious if predictable match.

• Advertisement

men's match to start ??

Grand watch the womens match the catch the rest of ppv tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The ladies are starting the event off. Mandy rose is amazing.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

yeah agree about Mandy Rose

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Paige must hate her new role.

PTH2009 wrote: »

yeah agree about Mandy Rose
    Mandy rose if she keeps on track could be a modern day trish stratus. She is what Eva Marie with talent and desire to actually wrestle.

Mandy rose if she keeps on track could be a modern day trish stratus. She is what Eva Marie with talent and desire to actually wrestle.

Yep still very green but shes got so much potential and of course has the looks

sky88 wrote: »

Yep still very green but shes got so much potential and of course has the looks
    She is green but so we're many other male and female wrestlers over the years. The potential is huge though.

She is green but so we're many other male and female wrestlers over the years. The potential is huge though.

Look at braun when he 1st debuted compared to now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is the padding outside the ring a new thing? Seem to remember grating on the outside always in EC matches.

Advertisement