Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Odelay wrote: »
    Exactly! They'll see no money leaving the account so will assume there is unaccounted for cash floating around.
    Do you know what revenue are like when they think there is undeclared cash?

Not when buying in the north. The northern sellers only want a registered vat number for thier accounts. The registered person will be buying nothing so no money to explain.

Revenue don't care with vat across the border as they weren't going to get it anyways. Now VRT is a different story

• Registered Users Posts: 11,103 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Reggie. wrote: »
    Not when buying in the north. The northern sellers only want a registered vat number for thier accounts. The registered person will be buying nothing so no money to explain.

Revenue don't care with vat across the border as they weren't going to get it anyways. Now VRT is a different story

What's to stop you using a VAT no. from an invoice without the owners knowledge so

wrangler wrote: »
    What's to stop you using a VAT no. from an invoice without the owners knowledge so

Nothing for a while as that is what was happening (the famous Mcdonalds story) but they will ring the registered owner now I believe

Brexit will close off that in the future tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Not if the machine is purchased up the north only if purchased in the south.

I suppose once the machine never features on the books as an expense so to speak it never existed in the first place.
    Out of curiosity what does the retailer in the north do with your vat no. to justify not charging vat is it just to much hassle to confim it from revenue in the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Lads , I'd say ye are pretty brave using someone elses VAT number and especially brave to let someone use yer own number .

• Advertisement

Bullocks wrote: »
    Lads , I'd say ye are pretty brave using someone elses VAT number and especially brave to let someone use yer own number .

That'd be my thinking on it too, just curious about the loop hole thats apparently there and obviously taken advantage off

That'd be my thinking on it too, just curious about the loop hole thats apparently there and obviously taken advantage off

It could well have stopped at this stage but I remember there was a restaurant on the way to the north one time and lads would stop off on the way and use the vat no off the receipt to use aganist the machines. I think at one time 90% of machines had this vat no used

It could well have stopped at this stage but I remember there was a restaurant on the way to the north one time and lads would stop off on the way and use the vat no off the receipt to use aganist the machines. I think at one time 90% of machines had this vat no used
    Jesus we've a great little country

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

When "townies" get the local agri contractor to cut their hedges ...... :D

DmrlPb6.jpg

And then stand in front of the flail .....

Nekarsulm wrote: »

DmrlPb6.jpg

What a plank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

What a plank

Tractor drivers equally as bad imo.

Tractor drivers equally as bad imo.

True as he will be the one having to answer the questions

• Registered Users Posts: 11,250 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Nekarsulm wrote: »

DmrlPb6.jpg

I reckon that's the neighbour trying to protect his Citroen Ds that wont start with his bodyweight.

Still a stupid thing to do from both human beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I reckon that's the neighbour trying to protect his Citroen Ds that wont start with his bodyweight.

Still a stupid thing to do from both human beans.

human_bean_by_suddendamage-d5azr2x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,250 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

ganmo wrote: »
    human_bean_by_suddendamage-d5azr2x.jpg

:D

That was intentional btw. :)

:D

That was intentional btw. :)

Yeah course it was :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Tractors radiator blew, it's leaking at the top where the plastic meets the steel. Could I have done damage to the engine block or gasket. Was agitating at the time, water was very dirty that came out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭visatorro

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Tractors radiator blew, it's leaking at the top where the plastic meets the steel. Could I have done damage to the engine block or gasket. Was agitating at the time, water was very dirty that came out

Did it run for long with no water before you coped it?

Not sure as smoked up like mad (could have been the water on the engine) when it started smoking maybe 15 seconds. No smoke before that. Engine oil looks ok, brown clayed water all over the engine and battery what ye think

Not sure as smoked up like mad (could have been the water on the engine) when it started smoking maybe 15 seconds. No smoke before that. Engine oil looks ok, brown clayed water all over the engine and battery what ye think

Fifteen seconds I'd say your OK. If you stopped the engine as opposed to it stopping itself? The brown is just a sign that the coolant was due a change!!! Get new rad and chance her on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

All rads go brown/gunky eventually as stuff corrodes deposites, engine block prob wants to be flushed out to clear sediment and presume a new rad?. It's more if the engine got hot and did damage. Which you don't know until go looking.

Lads don't realise that mixing tanks is very hard on a engine. Flat out revs and no air flowing around it to cool it from driving iykwim

visatorro wrote:
    Lads don't realise that mixing tanks is very hard on a engine. Flat out revs and no air flowing around it to cool it from driving iykwim

I normally don't agitate for long but contractor said it's better at higher revs easier on tractor. Jes fair pissed off, as I only ever agitate for maybe 30 mins at a time

All rads go brown/gunky eventually as stuff corrodes deposites, engine block prob wants to be flushed out to clear sediment and presume a new rad?. It's more if the engine got hot and did damage. Which you don't know until go looking.

I turned the fan seemed ok, and checked oil that looked fine. Put my finger to air breather and didn't seem bad

I normally don't agitate for long but contractor said it's better at higher revs easier on tractor. Jes fair pissed off, as I only ever agitate for maybe 30 mins at a time

Could be worse, could have happened in the middle of a town drawing cattle or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

visatorro wrote: »

Would you get the same power from an agitator if you ran it on 1000rpm shaft ticking over as 540rpm running high revs?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Would you get the same power from an agitator if you ran it on 1000rpm shaft ticking over as 540rpm running high revs?

You'd get the same blow from the agitator but your poor engine and power train in the tractor will not thank you for it at all. When the agitator comes under pressure,the rpm will die away as the engine is not near its peak torque. It'll basically be labouring.

Not sure about 1000. I use 540eco. Tractor at 1500revs.

You'd get the same blow from the agitator but your poor engine and power train in the tractor will not thank you for it at all. When the agitator comes under pressure,the rpm will die away as the engine is not near its peak torque. It'll basically be labouring.

Where does that come into play with mowers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Where does that come into play with mowers?

The same. Alot of power hungry work is completed with tractors that are just above the minimum hp required. Agitating for instance 90-100hp agitator being driven by a 110-120hp tractor.
    Mowing,10hp/ft general rule of thumb, 10ft6 540 rpm mower being driven by a 120hp tractor in 1000rpm PTO. Hit a hill or wirey crop and you'll bring it to a standstil,it doesn't have the back up in torque when its at half/two-thirds of engine revs.
    Now put a 160-180hp tractor in front of it and it'll have enough grunt to pull it through.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement