Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish corporate talk

Options
  • 20-02-2018 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭

What stupid corporate talk do you hate? The following phrases are meaningless rubbish:

I’ll revert back to you in due course...
    Going forward....
    Touch base with you on that....
    Explore new avenues.....
    Really exciting space....
    By close of play.....
    Take this offline....
    Briefing/Debriefing....

All just said to make corporate middlemen feel vaguely important.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭emo72

getgo. start was perfectly adequate.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Due dilligence
    Blue sky thinking
    Personell to Human Resources to People Operations

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Let's park that for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

I'll pencil you in

James will lead the charge on this one.

I don't have the bandwidth for that right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

OP I think you'll enjoy this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

All hands on deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Vis-a-vis
    Stfu. Even just say 'regarding".
    Knobs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

thelad95 wrote: »
    What stupid corporate talk do you hate? The following phrases are meaningless rubbish:

I’ll revert back to you in due course...
    Going forward....
    Touch base with you on that....
    Explore new avenues.....
    Really exciting space....
    By close of play.....
    Take this offline....
    Briefing/Debriefing....

All just said to make corporate middlemen feel vaguely important.

Briefing and Debriefly really stands out as sad. It's a military, government agency or what not term. I mean what next? Take the shot on this? we gotta get to the chopper? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

reach out and touch base

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

Referring to people as 'resources'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,522 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Referring to people as 'resources'

My wife is a department manager in a hospital, a new senior manager was brought in to save money, he stopped the first meeting he chiselled and asked people to stop using the term “patient” and to refer to them as “service users” as it was a less emotional term.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,522 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Run it up the flagpole
    Referring to some new as being “helicoptered in”

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Inappropriate touching
    Don't sit there
    The police have been called
    Sir you need to come with us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Downsizing. F u ck off. You are sacking people you knobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Jimmy, I feel I'm drinking from the fire hose.
    Paudie, relax, we're at risk of getting bogged down in the weeds.
    I know, I know... anyway, balls out of the bath here, what do you think of this new initiative?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,010 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

'streamlining', jesus, how much do i hate that term! actual meaning, we re gonna cut the bollocks out of this and you re gonna be doing more work for less!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Helicopter view = overview

"I'll revert back to you" means that the person will literally morph back into being YOU. As in, they were you and will shortly return to that state of being you. What they mean to say is that they will respond/reply to you at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Seen a new one the other day,someone refered to a presentation as a stack.as in the powerpoint presentation slides. There was person after person on LinkedIn asking for a copy of this one guys stack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

PROJECT MANAGER .
    i know sometimes it may be appropriate but most times its plain wrong .I blame the series''the apprentice'' . full of mostly gobshytes who could do fcuk all except talk corporate shyte ..
    3 of them have to go and sell krap in a shopping center , oh oh can i be PROJECT MANAGER on this one , you can be advertising and the third , you can be head of sales

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Thread needs some blue sky thinking
    Please cascade this information

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Allinall

_Brian wrote: »
    My wife is a department manager in a hospital, a new senior manager was brought in to save money, he stopped the first meeting he chiselled and asked people to stop using the term “patient” and to refer to them as “service users” as it was a less emotional term.

How the f*ck do you chisel a meeting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

When did revert back replace reply? Seems recent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

When did revert back replace reply? Seems recent enough.
    Don't know when exactly but as with all this office speak it's designed to make dim people sound more import and intelligent than they really are. Obviously it ends up having the exact opposite impact. Pathetic stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Actually has someone say to me in a meeting that they would "need to drill down into the granularity, a helicopter view wouldnt give the detail in this instance"

Whenever someone says (wrapping up a meeting) "i'm concious of time" i want to slap them in their fcukng face. What are they, a Time Lord?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Christ, what must it be like in Google, Facebook or Apple ... any big American company - it must be absolute f*cking hell in there with all the bull**** red tape speak getting in the way of doing real work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

"Vision"

Just fúck off.

Anyone who says it deserves to be deprived of said sense by having their eyeballs ripped out and shoved up their arses. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

"In retrospective" .... **** OFF!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,010 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Christ, what must it be like in Google, Facebook or Apple ... any big American company - it must be absolute f*cking hell in there with all the bull**** red tape speak getting in the way of doing real work.

its kinna funny actually but pathetic at the same time, its amazing to watch people fall over themselves trying to use these phrases, humans are odd

Advertisement