Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options
  • 12-01-2018 4:24pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looks like POD are set to announce a new festival taking place over the August Bank Holiday weekend.

Looking at the image is it the same area they are using for Carl Cox?

POD Presents

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Curraghmore Castle in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Same weekend as Castlepalooza, Beatyard & Indiependence. POD are the same organisers who run Metropolis and Forbidden Fruit as far as I'm aware, so will be interesting to see what kind of lineup they have in store!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Same weekend as Castlepalooza, Beatyard & Indiependence. POD are the same organisers who run Metropolis and Forbidden Fruit as far as I'm aware, so will be interesting to see what kind of lineup they have in store!

Yea its risky doing it the same weekend as 3 other festivals so they would want a strong line up or something that doesnt appeal to either of the 3 previous festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Or just a big enough marketing budget to blow the other three out of the water

A pity that they are choosing to go that weekend, but understandable if they reckon they have the muscle to do it.

I presume it will be about a 10,000-20,000 capacity festival? Then i was thinking they book someone like The XX (unless they do Longitude)

• Advertisement

Look whose over in England the weekend of the festival :pac::pac:

26992307_10156215807983923_4004382597603370749_n.jpg?oh=7feae2dc9af66523a43fc9c91b7c8ce3&oe=5AF9D420

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭deeks

Look whose over in England the weekend of the festival :pac::pac:

26992307_10156215807983923_4004382597603370749_n.jpg?oh=7feae2dc9af66523a43fc9c91b7c8ce3&oe=5AF9D420

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So when is this line up getting released then?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

No word as of yet , Surely they will want to do it soon . Although with the Forbidden Fruit announcement last week they may want to wait till they announce this

Personally i hope its not one of those electronic type festivals :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Yea its risky doing it the same weekend as 3 other festivals so they would want a strong line up or something that doesnt appeal to either of the 3 previous festivals

they are probably hoping to cash in on it being the same weekend as the spraoi festival in Waterford city

http://www.spraoi.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

they are probably hoping to cash in on it being the same weekend as the spraoi festival in Waterford city

http://www.spraoi.com/

Not if its a camping festival. If you are running a camping based festival you want to hold people in the venue to maximise revenues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Rumours groove armada (played the original weekend picnic) and chic are a booked according to the the the same thread on the waterford forum.

This could be really good if they learn from their mistakes of the picnic.
    10-15,000 capcity.
    Weekend camping only.
    Focus on three stages - main stage, and 2 tents fair enough apart that they're not impacting on each others sound
    Quality chill out zone
    No ****ty advertising stalls that play pissy edm
    Plenty of toilet facilities
    Lots of independent food stall

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Rumours groove armada (played the original weekend picnic) and chic are a booked according to the the the same thread on the waterford forum.

This could be really good if they learn from their mistakes of the picnic.
    10-15,000 capcity.
    Weekend camping only.
    Focus on three stages - main stage, and 2 tents fair enough apart that they're not impacting on each others sound
    Quality chill out zone
    No ****ty advertising stalls that play pissy edm
    Plenty of toilet facilities
    Lots of independent food stall

Would Groove Armada still be headliners tho since they have done a fair few DJ sets over here?? , obviously i know wouldnt be a DJ set I remember seeing them at Pukkelpop in 2010 and they were unreal but they were not on the main stage.

Having said that id be happy with them but i think they would need someone stronger as the a headliner beside Chic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Groove Armada have no concerts announced this summer so far, so can't see them playing. if they are there, it'll probably be a DJ set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭lc180

POD seem to have a habit of just re-using the same musicians over and over again for their festivals.
    Complete speculation but wouldn't be surprised if we see a few of the old reliables.... Chic, Flaming Lips, Jamie XX, Booka Shade, Flying Lotus, KORMAC, Leftfield, Mount Kimbie, Jungle, etc etc etc.

I'm hoping it's not an electronic only festival but thats probably unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

https://www.jimmycliff.com/tour/

Jimmy Cliff for August 5th ?

I have to credit another boardsie for this. Really hoping it's not a ska/dub/reggae fest.

I have to credit another boardsie for this. Really hoping it's not a ska/dub/reggae fest.

Nicely spotted, that's a good start, a reggae legend. :)

Bestival announced their lineup today. Same weekend as AllTogetherNow.

Grace Jones is another POD favourite, i wonder would she be a possibility.

line-up-announce-social-v-24-b18-1.png?w=620&h=876&crop=1

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mgkelly

Touts & Shame are also featuring at this festival. Touts tweeted about same. They are on a smaller stage. I think they are on, same day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

mgkelly wrote: »
    Touts & Shame are also featuring at this festival. Touts tweeted about same. They are on a smaller stage. I think they are on, same day.

You mean at Bestival and not alltogethernow?

Would love Shame at this (altogethernow) festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mgkelly

Yeah, Bestival, sorry. Never know, might come across to do EP also, or theAllTogetherNow Festival, too.

No line-up yet but drone promo of the festival site.

Song in the video is 'Corn' by Nils Frahm so that may be an indication (or not) he's be playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Chemical brothers and Grove Armada apparently. Chems would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Nils Frahm would be better :)

Chic are booked for gigs in Cork and Dublin this June so it's prob safe to say they aren't booked for this festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

You are welcome ! :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Any idea how true this is? I wish they'd release the info! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

They'd want to start announcing acts. Halfway through February already.

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »
    They'd want to start announcing acts. Halfway through February already.

Maybe its a case of will they announce Body & Soul first and this after or the other way around. :)

Advertisement