Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

Oh, you beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That's a chuffing fantastic first headliner..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I've seen them a lot but feck it no harm seeing em again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Has anyone had the 2nd instalment taken from their account yet? Still no sign of it leaving mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Perfect first announcement for me, great stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Where are you all getting this announcement....wont be happy until I see proof for myself.

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Where are you all getting this announcement....wont be happy until I see proof for myself.

It's on their facebook, twitter, website and the email they sent around

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Instagram/Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Got an email at 8.50 and then they announced on Facebook and Twitter around 9. It's conformed! The National even tweeted it themselves.

Don't know that many of their songs or albums but the ones I do know are all good. Anyone got any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Got an email from them
    its on all social media and Dermot and Dave announced it on Today Fm this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Brilliant! I'm considering this now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Ah thanks all. I'm an EP veteran but giving it a miss from now on.
    This makes me so happy. Going to be some year for gig's next year. Shaping up nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Anyone know if the instalment tickets are still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭citycentre

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the instalment tickets are still available?

Still available... just bought two on the back of The National announcement!

After such a great first announcement maybe time for an ATN 2019 thread?!! :)

Wonder does that rule out the National for Sounds from a Safe Harbour in Cork in September. Bit of a tight turnaround but guess its a far smaller venue so could be still on..

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Well that's me sold on ATN! I'll be selling off the EP tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

citycentre wrote: »

I have only just noticed that this is still the 2018 thread.

The National is a great start.

citycentre wrote: »

There's one here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057906044

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Are we getting more names today?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Got an email at 8.50 and then they announced on Facebook and Twitter around 9. It's conformed! The National even tweeted it themselves.

Don't know that many of their songs or albums but the ones I do know are all good. Anyone got any recommendations?

High Violet and Trouble Will Find Me are probably their most accessible albums IMO.

Boxer is fantastic too, and generally thought of as their best, although there's not much in it between the last 4 albums really.

Don't start with their debut or 2nd albums, they're very rough and ready and not really representative of the band now, although there are a couple of gems throughout.

• Advertisement

Are we getting more names today?

I think that was it. Just the 1st headliner to shift tickets before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Rfrip

High Violet and Trouble Will Find Me are probably their most accessible albums IMO.

Boxer is fantastic too, and generally thought of as their best, although there's not much in it between the last 4 albums really.

Don't start with their debut or 2nd albums, they're very rough and ready and not really representative of the band now, although there are a couple of gems throughout.

Fake empire and slow show are probably two of my favourite songs of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

They released line up for 2018 in January so fingers crossed we will get more names in the new year but happy with The National

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

The National.... well that's got my attention. It sounded like a great festival this year.

Can anyone offer their experience bringing little ones with them to this? Our daughter will be coming up on 3 years old next August. She'll love the music but is there much going on there to keep young kids entertained? What's included in the family camping? Is it just a wider space to set up your own tents? I assume its a quieter area too. We're living in east Cork so we do have the option of just getting the cheapest tickets and going up/down each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

Bacchus wrote: »
    The National.... well that's got my attention. It sounded like a great festival this year.

Can anyone offer their experience bringing little ones with them to this? Our daughter will be coming up on 3 years old next August. She'll love the music but is there much going on there to keep young kids entertained? What's included in the family camping? Is it just a wider space to set up your own tents? I assume its a quieter area too. We're living in east Cork so we do have the option of just getting the cheapest tickets and going up/down each day.

There were a lot of kids there and it had a really great family atmosphere about it so I'd have no problem bringing children. Not sure about the actual family campsite maybe someone else can advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

Bacchus wrote: »

It's a very comfortable festival to go around with kids - there were a couple of issues on space in the family campsite as it started to fill but I'd guess the organisers weren't expecting the number of over-sized tents that you tend to get with families nowadays - hopefully they've planned for this for 2019. the location of the family camping is perfect - no sound traveling from main stage - some from one of the smaller stages but this is nice too, helps you remember you're at a festival.
    Staff were amazing with the kids and there's loads to keep them entertained.

We had a 6 month old a one year old and a 3 year old in our tent for the weekend and we're all going back next September. We sold our EP family camping tickets while at ATN last year as after seeing how relaxed it was there we couldn't be dealing with going back to EP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Wooderson

We're doing Glasto/ATN and EP as a family (5 and 8 years) so will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

ronan.h wrote: »

Cool, thanks for the replies... ironically even though The National has sparked my interest for 2019, bed-time will get in the way of that (projecting forward, we'd do well to make it to 9pm). Still, it should be a great fun family weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I wonder will Smashing Pumpkins and/or Tame Impala play this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Want to go next year with wife and child, we live in Waterford. If we buy family tickets and go out with our child during the day then leave to drop him home before returning to see The National, will we have trouble getting back in with 'Family' tickets?

Advertisement