Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up the rebels?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    There is no place in modern Irish society for Sinn Fein/IRA. They are the dregs of society.

Sucks to be you, living in a democracy and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,145 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

There is no place in modern Irish society for Sinn Fein/IRA. They are the dregs of society.

Yes Father.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Well that’s highly democratic of you?

What else should we ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

That's what elections are for, and unfortunately for the other mainstream party's - the Shinners seat share has been the only one of all party's to increase after each election year on year now.

The revolving door civil war governance days of FF/FG are gone, and it has some people fierce worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

I doubt she meant any harm by it people should stop trying to make it something it wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

At their party conference? I don't think I or most other people would be bothered what a DUPer says to their party.

Oh come off it. You wouldn't stop referred to it if it happened - possibly rightly so, but let's be honest about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Sinn Fein, Fine Gael, Fianna Fail and the rest, all scumbags with concern for no one apart from themselves.

Traitors.

Oh come off it. You wouldn't stop referred to it if it happened - possibly rightly so, but let's be honest about it.

The DUP have said many objectionable things at conference that I don't start threads on and ever reference.

Cycle seems conflicted, on the one hand she wants the 'truth' from Adams and the RA but when she hears a shinner speaking truthfully she also gets upset. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Good advice. Perhaps pass it on to Leo who is desperately clinging to Power

I haven't seen the latest opinion polls but is Leo and FG doing very poor? Thought before Christmas they were rating high.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

P Doherty on Marian Finucane this morning struggled to answer why there hasn't been party leadership competition in SF since its inception....While denying that there is any issue with bullying or intimidation in the party. He didn't believe the words out of his own mouth.

• Advertisement

I haven't seen the latest opinion polls but is Leo and FG doing very poor? Thought before Christmas they were rating high.

They are doing very well in the opinion polls and only in the past two weeks Leo's satisfaction rating is the highest for a Taoiseach in 20 years.

Parties at the end of January

FG 32% up 5%
    FF 26 no change
    SF 15 down 1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

He strikes me as the most insincere taoiseach of the last 20 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

They are doing very well in the opinion polls and only in the past two weeks Leo's satisfaction rating is the highest for a Taoiseach in 20 years.

FG 32% up 5%
    FF 26 no change
    SF 15 down 1

If this is the one you're referring to, i think you have the figures there or thereabouts, but the trend is wrong.

Compared to its last survey in December, the Sunday Times/Behaviour & Attitudes poll shows support for Fine Gael is down two points to 32%.

There is no change for Fianna F at 26%.

Sinn F is up one point at 18% while the Labour Party is also up one point at 6%.

Opinion polls are a bit meh. You can take them grim various sources to win any argument one wants to.

FG 32% up 5%
    FF 26 no change
    SF 15 down 1

They are only there because they own or have more or less merged with FF.

If this is the one you're referring to, i think you have the figures there or thereabouts, but the trend is wrong.

Opinion polls are a bit meh. You can take them grim various sources to win any argument one wants to.

No it's the RedC one the following week. No link, I have a hard copy here in the Sunday Business Post.

They're all to be taken with a pinch of salt but the point is the earlier poster has no basis for saying Leo or FG are struggling.

They are only there because they own or have more or less merged with FF.

That doesn't negate the point being made, as in the other poster was incorrect.

That doesn't negate the point being made, as in the other poster was incorrect.

Both the lead parties are struggling with the rise of SF. That is why they have more or less merged bar the shouting.

Both the lead parties are struggling with the rise of SF. That is why they have more or less merged bar the shouting.

Ok, you're right. Sf are set for government based on current support and the other parties are struggling to maintain support despite what the polls say.

This is incredible. I'm out!

Ok, you're right. Sf are set for government based on current support and the other parties are struggling to maintain support despite what the polls say.

This is incredible. I'm out!

Now invent something I didn't say and depart in a huff. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

She's a fuc&ing idiot and so is anyone who votes for her party, but as a poster above wrote they seem to be government bound,so god help us.

• Advertisement

Why do we keep referring to opinion polls who are a small sample and as Brexit and Trump showed are basically very very flawed? Personally i think they are fixed by spin doctors who pick their demographic carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Shes supporting cork. The real capital. Whats not to lile.

Absolutely. We'll keep voting FF who crashed and burned the economy and their sister party who followed them who crucified the working class with Austerity. No bother.

Im not advocating a vote for Sinn Fein per se but it puzzles me how they are singled out when the two traditional parties are absolute poison. If they keep getting majorities we'll get screwed again and again and again. Its good to have alternatives threatening at least.

Absolutely. We'll keep voting FF who crashed and burned the economy and their sister party who followed them who crucified the working class with Austerity. No bother.

Im not advocating a vote for Sinn Fein per se but it puzzles me how they are singled out when the two traditional parties are absolute poison. If they keep getting majorities we'll get screwed again and again and again. Its good to have alternatives threatening at least.

They are now, by merging in all but party name, manufacturing majorities.

Well that’s highly democratic of you?

What else should we ban?

Democracy is something the liberals love to bleat about when it suits them but when it doesnt they are wailing incessantly like banshee children.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Who cares what Forster or the bowler hat brigade think, I'm no fan of Mary Lou or SF but it's just gone stupid these days where everyone is nearly afraid to say anything in case someone gets offended.

In fairness, the stuff she said is like what you'd hear pissed teenagers shouting.

FG 32% up 5%
    FF 26 no change
    SF 15 down 1

To be fair to myself I knew that, I was curious to see who on this thread was keeping up with the opinion polls.

There is no way people could say Leo is desperately clinging on to power with the latest polls.

SF I would say will lose ground in the short to medium term at least. Mary Lou will struggle to appeal to a broader group of people, with her speech clear evidence of that.

If SF wanted to grow the puppet masters should have selected Pierse Doherty as leader. I think he would be much more polished, professional and cute in comparison to Mary Lou.

To be fair to myself I knew that, I was curious to see who on this thread was keeping up with the opinion polls.

There is no way people could say Leo is desperately clinging on to power with the latest polls.

SF I would say will lose ground in the short to medium term at least. Mary Lou will struggle to appeal to a broader group of people, with her speech clear evidence of that.

If SF wanted to grow the puppet masters should have selected Pierse Doherty as leader. I think he would be much more polished, professional and cute in comparison to Mary Lou.

Cringe in fairness. No time ago it was 'SF have to get rid of Adams and replace him with Mary Lou to make themselves more appealing' :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cringe in fairness. No time ago it was 'SF have to get rid of Adams and replace him with Mary Lou to make themselves more appealing' :rolleyes::rolleyes:

To be fair I didn't say that. I just think Mary Lou doesn't have much broad appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

What rise? They're still performing below what they'd like and expect, and Mary Lou's comments was a step back after what some have seen as progress with Adams stepping down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement