Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up the rebels?

Options

Comments

I'm surprised there were any reporters at this event anyway, must have been a slow day news wise.

No such thing as bad publicity,

With an election almost happening before Christmas and a few privileged incompetent fúcks being almost done out of ministerial pensions, Liar Verucca, his cronies and his 5m a year spin department are getting very very worried all of a sudden.

He may get his fellow libtard Trudeau over to try one last ditch attempt at some cringeworthy pr that only someone with the mental capacity of a pigeon will positively respond to

• Registered Users Posts: 67,496 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

This is the salient point though. If SF are to progress then she should be looking for his vote and many more like him. She has to appeal to a wider audience.

All any party has to do, is be honest. Then the voter knows exactly who thay are voting for.

This preachy, 'they have to become something that I dictate' nonsense is what needs to stop.

If SF where interested in power for the sake of it, or like it was 'winning' some stupid competition, then I would agree with you. They clearly have no interest in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

With an election almost happening before Christmas and a few privileged incompetent fúcks being almost done out of ministerial pensions, Liar Verucca, his cronies and his 5m a year spin department are getting very very worried all of a sudden.

He may get his fellow libtard Trudeau over to try one last ditch attempt at some cringeworthy pr that only someone with the mental capacity of a pigeon will positively respond to

You really think she is viable opposition? even to Fine Fail and Fine Fail lite?

You really think she is viable opposition? even to Fine Fail and Fine Fail lite?

They can take a good few seats certainly but they need to get their shít in order too tbh. No one thought brexit or Trump would happen but the world is changing. People are sick of libtards and bullshítters and want straight talkers. They wouldn't get a majority but they could certainly get 30-40 seats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Have you seen any opinion polls in recent month?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Have you seen any opinion poles in recent month?????

None. Have they flown east for the winter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Sinn Fein as a political party are a joke.

No more a joke than any of the others apart from the monster raving loony party.

People are sick of libtards and bullshítters and want straight talkers.

I wholeheartedly agree but the smoke and daggers of SF is outstanding bullsh*t on it's own.

Have you seen any opinion poles in recent month?????

Opinionated Polish people?? ;)

Seriously I take no notice of those. Do you honestly pay heed to media rigged nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

cycle4fun managed to get almost every nationalist/republican related thread shutdown with their one sided twisted bitterness - so kudos for being a bit proactive and actually startingone of their own.

Thread needs some vibes.

Set your faux outrage meter to 11.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

People are quick to forget that SF brought a lot of hard-line Republicans into the mainstream who might have otherwise joined with the more loony right wing elements, what harm in ML throwing out the odd soundbite to keep them happy.

I wholeheartedly agree but the smoke and daggers of SF is outstanding bullsh*t on it's own.

Are they spending 5m a year on a pr department whose best idea was to present novelty socks to fellow bullshítters?

'Rebels' meant the IRA and those in SF who rebelled against the British.

Why would anyone in a party that has transparently showed it's history NOT say that is the question?

SF aren't hiding their past for the likes of Cycle4fun and personally I think that is healthy and honest tbf.

Some parties would prefer their history never to be discussed

From yesterday's indo.
    Mr O’Brien’s post at 10.05pm drew ire from some Fine Gael politicians who questioned the appropriateness and timing of the tweet. The Fianna Fail TD subsequently removed the post.

FG.JPG

Are they spending 5m a year on a pr department whose best idea was to present novelty socks to fellow bullshítters?

You don't become the best kid in class by saying 'I'm not as bad as the class fool'!

You don't become the best kid in class by saying 'I'm not as bad as the class fool'!

Good advice. Perhaps pass it on to Leo who is desperately clinging to Power

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

My brother is a member of SF down in Wexford. Even he’d tell you there’s an element in the party that are as rough as a bears arse. I buy my baccy off a lad in Dublin he lined me up with through knowing him in the party, and this lad is as tough as Ruby Walsh’s bollix. And his brother is a SF TD!!!!

cycle4fun wrote: »
    ...well according to Collins dictionary, Rebels are
    " Rebels are people who are fighting against their own country's army in order to change the political system there.
    ...fighting between rebels and government forces.
    ...rebel forces in Liberia."

I'll just leave this here so.

image.jpg

I'm already prepared for the new tangent.

I'll look at it when I get back in. :D

Good advice. Perhaps pass it on to Leo who is desperately clinging to Power

I think it suits them all, tbh. The bickering, shouting and hillbilly bawling displays from the week just gone were nothing short of disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭cycle4fun

Well you are the master of tangents and whataboutery Johnny.

At least others have clarified to you who the rebels she was referring to were.

Yeah. Why are you obsessed with SF though?

• Advertisement

I never needed any clarification - a republican party shouting something about rebels - how very dare they:D

I'd find it more worrying if they tried to distance themselves from their past.

Like abstentionsm - a lot of their core voters vote based on their ideals and policies , rebelling against the British played a big part in that, hence 'Up the Rebels".

You have every right to get your thong in a twist about it if you like - that's your prerogative.

Bordering on an unhealthy obsession though if you ask me.

#updarebels :D

Odhinn wrote: »
    Why are you obsessed with SF though?

Not at all. The Sinn Fein thing was the headline of the news yesterday though, and yet the new leader who was coronated let slip a comment after she read her scripted speech. Mary Lou yesterday ended her speech with "Up the Rebels. Tiocfaidh ár lá”

Imagine if a mainstream unionist party leader made a speech saying "Up the UVF. No surrender". What woulds others say about that?

I never needed any clarification - a republican party shouting something about rebels - how very dare they:D

But yet no mainstream Unionist leader says "up the UVF. No surrender".

Not at all. ..............

I'm sorry, but when I looked at your post history to get some notion of where you were coming from, I was struck with the sheer volume of posts dedicated to SF - the bulk of all of them, seemingly.

https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=869282&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=%2A%3A%2A&page=1

It's there for anyone who cares to look.

So, to be blunt, you are very much obsessed with SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

It seems those who dont like SF start more threads about them than anyone else. Secret fans they are

You should go for the ball, not the poster. The likes of Francie has far more posts on SF than I have.
    Not surprised you are attacking me now though.
    maccored wrote: »
    It seems those who dont like SF start more threads about them than anyone else.

First thread I started. If a mainstream unionist party leader made a speech saying "Up the UVF. No surrender"I am sure someone would start a thread about that.

You should go for the ball, not the poster. The likes of Francie has far more posts on SF than I have.

I'm just asking why you are so fixated on them. That way we can determine what ball game we are playing.

"up the UVF. No surrender".

So ‘up the rebels’ = ‘up the UVF’? How do you know she was referring to past history, and not current social issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,496 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

First thread I started. If a mainstream unionist party leader made a speech saying "Up the UVF. No surrender"I am sure someone would start a thread about that.

At their party conference? I don't think I or most other people would be bothered what a DUPer says to their party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

There is no place in modern Irish society for Sinn Fein/IRA. They are the dregs of society.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement