Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday PM (10th) - Tuesday AM (13th), Snow and Ice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Just got into the car here in Swords and it says 13c 😳😬

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Jean Byrne mentioned just now that there is a risk Tuesdays front could turn to sleet and snow as it moves inland

!

She also mentioned to stay tuned to tonight's warning. An upgrade later perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Just got into the car here in Swords and it says 13c 😳😬

3c in Galway...
    winteriscoming.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

Currently 10c in swords except big temperature drop once the front passes and snow showers packing in behind it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Orange warning on the way for snow perhaps. Seems to be getting colder faster then forecast.

Criteria: 'Significant falls of snow likely to cause accumulations of 3 cm or greater below 250m AMSL'

tempresult_tgu5.gif

nmm_uk1-45-36-4_oug0.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Just got into the car here in Swords and it says 13c ����

Currently 10 degrees at Dublin Airport and dewpoint 8. With such a mild day today, soaked ground and strong winds it'll be more wet sloppiness at low levels in the morning. Some wet snow falling in places but quickly turning to a slushy mess. If only these northwesterlies had been northeasterlies...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Dew Point. Bring it on!

tempresult_oso3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Air is mild near Limerick City.

Probably still around 7c

Light drizzle at the moment

Dew Point. Bring it on!

But look to our west. Hovering at or above zero. No way we can get anything decent from that airmass. Relying on cold downbursts is nothing that I get excited about. Ok to watch some fat flakes falling, but if it doesn't accumulate into anything that lasts more than 30 minutes then I don't want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

But look to our west. Hovering at or above zero. No way we can get anything decent from that airmass. Relying on cold downbursts is nothing that I get excited about. Ok to watch some fat flakes falling, but if it doesn't accumulate into anything that lasts more than 30 minutes then I don't want to know.

Unfortunately your right GL. However higher elevations going to get a decent carpet. Mr Mountainy Man going to have lots of fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Currently 10 degrees at Dublin Airport and dewpoint 8. With such a mild day today, soaked ground and strong winds it'll be more wet sloppiness at low levels in the morning. Some wet snow falling in places but quickly turning to a slushy mess. If only these northwesterlies had been northeasterlies...

After dark tomorrow and Monday night look the best chance for the East Coast. I'd be surprised if we saw anything settling before then.

Everything on the ground needs to evaporate or freeze, because there simply won't be the intensity of precipitation this far over to cause accumulations otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Orange warning on the way for snow perhaps. Seems to be getting colder faster then forecast.

Criteria: 'Significant falls of snow likely to cause accumulations of 3 cm or greater below 250m AMSL'

tempresult_tgu5.gif

nmm_uk1-45-36-4_oug0.png

Looks fairly poor for the south west! Oh well

sdanseo wrote: »
    After dark tomorrow and Monday night look the best chance for the East Coast. I'd be surprised if we saw anything settling before then.

Everything on the ground needs to evaporate or freeze, because there simply won't be the intensity of precipitation this far over to cause accumulations otherwise.

The coldest uppers will have passed east by then. Increasing heights and temperatures will cut down showery activity. Tomorrow morning 0600-1200 is the best window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Happygosad33

Looks good for the NW. More than a slushy mess for inland areas there. I know it'll be crap for Dublin but there's more to the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

Mid-Monghan - I was in the car an hour ago and it was reading 4 degrees after a couple of hours of torrential rain. It is now snowing.

Carb wrote: »
    Mid-Monghan - I was in the car an hour ago and it was reading 4 degrees after a couple of hours of torrential ringing. It is now snowing.

Yeah lots of reports of snow falling across the North on netweather Ireland forum.

Looks good for the NW. More than a slushy mess for inland areas there. I know it'll be crap for Dublin but there's more to the country.
    I'm quite aware of that. I am talking countrywide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Strong wind gusts started in last 10 minutes Dublin 7.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

I'm quite aware of that. I am talking countrywide.

So it'll be a slushy mess countrywide in your opinion?

So it'll be a slushy mess countrywide in your opinion?

Yes. We won't see any dry snow anywhere except for on mountains. Brief accumulations at low levels but the usual wet slop after 30 minutes. If you like that sort of thing then great. Not me.

• Advertisement

Temp back up to 3.7 now

Yes. We won't see any dry snow anywhere except for on mountains. Brief accumulations at low levels but the usual wet slop after 30 minutes. If you like that sort of thing then great. Not me.

I seem to recall you being similarly negative earlier in the season several times and low levels had snow lying for day. Also with the slider too you said there would be nothing an hour before, people reported snow, then you told them they lived on high ground, they said no, then you said it's wet snow not proper snow lol. I guess will find out tomorrow and if it is a proper snow day you'll find some petty fault with it as usual.

In fairness I got a good 4 hours out of my snowfall on Friday morning before it melted ;) The kids throwing snowballs at the school enjoyed it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭typhoony

Nothing wrong with liking all types of wintry weather, just seeing snow falling is great, the only type I don't like is the frozen slush, but usually that melts fairly quickly

I seem to recall you being similarly negative earlier in the season several times and low levels had snow lying for day. Also with the slider too you said there would be nothing an hour before, people reported snow, then you told them they lived on high ground, they said no, then you said it's wet snow not proper snow lol. I guess will find out tomorrow and if it is a proper snow day you'll find some petty fault with it as usual.

I don't remember telling anyone where they lived or anyone at low levels (<100 metres) reporting snow lying for days. I did say wet snow because that's what it was.

You can call me petty if you want, it really doesn't bother me. If 1 cm of wet snow does it for you then great.

I don't remember telling anyone where they lived or anyone at low levels (<100 metres) reporting snow lying for days. I did say wet snow because that's what it was.

You can call me petty if you want, it really doesn't bother me. If 1 cm of wet snow does it for you then great.

Check through your posts you'll find it. And places in the NW and North below 100m had lying snow for days. I should know I'm one of them. And it was more than 1cm of wet snow. It was so dry it lay for days :p Personally I'd say arrogant and can't admit when there wrong more so than petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

Parts of Donegal seeing snow arrive presently

Mod Note: Happygosad33 you might read through the forum charter and abide by it please.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

moderate snow here in the Banbridge, Co. Down area, covering cars and roads,
    strange that Netweather is still giving blue colour in this area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Understand your point and in essence would agree.
    BUT beggars can't be choosers and in our climate even falling snow is a rarity. To be honest even if we do get an easterly I think it's too late in the season for anything disruptive

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement