Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin receive millions more than any other county in development grants

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

That and their population, money, play every game at home, food delivered to their houses, money, sponsorship, money, GPO’s, super clubs, money, coaching structures, money, hard work, talent, exceptional coach and back room team, money. This has been done to death at this stage. Is that you Spewan😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭Oldtree

ArielAtom wrote: »
    That and their population, money, play every game at home, food delivered to their houses, money, sponsorship, money, GPO’s, super clubs, money, coaching structures, money, hard work, talent, exceptional coach and back room team, money. This has been done to death at this stage. Is that you Spewan😂

That all appears to be true, but no harm to notice on a monthly basis that it's still going on and on and on and on and on, and I noticed you mentioned money 5 times. That's about the right proportion :D

Have to ask, who's SpewanðŸ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

the worrying thing should be Westmeath getting €153,000 in games development funding
    or Louth at €241,000
    Wicklow €231,000

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Look at the team expenses column.

You'd be better off bribing refs or buying steel GPS's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Mayo 370k for team expenses? Thats a shocking amount of strippers n brazzers for runners up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Oldtree wrote: »
    As if we didn't know ;)
    gotta shake the head at the amount though.

Mayo ranks 26th on the list! Better hope we dont get a fair share in the coming years :P

440884.jpg

Article also had the very interesting payments to year end 31/10/2017, Mayo 6th on this list, more than a million behind Dublin!

440885.jpg

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/dublin-receive-e15-million-more-than-any-other-county-in-games-development-grants-over-the-last-decade-149534

Has anyone any other figures to throw into the mix?

Maybe you people should try paying the skyhigh property taxes that Dubs have to put up with before you start demanding more grants.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,357 ✭✭✭✭kippy

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Maybe you people should try paying the skyhigh property taxes that Dubs have to put up with before you start demanding more grants.

What's that got to do with anything?

Hoboo wrote: »
    Mayo 370k for team expenses? Thats a shocking amount of strippers n brazzers for runners up.

And all on the senior football team more or less. Whereas other counties like Dublin and Galway and Cork have viable teams in both sports at all levels.

No wonder they never fkn win anything. Except whinging competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Poor Mayo- is there any factor not working against them?

kippy wrote: »
    What's that got to do with anything?

Look at the total outlay column. Cork got the biggest share last year presumably on basis that they have most clubs and members, not Dublin which has second most.

This is just more whining to evade the fact that reason Dublin beat Mayo is that they are a better team

Its not rocket science. Nor to do with money which in any event favours the Mayo senior footballers. What do they spend it on? Hair stylists :)

Mayo also have one of the lowest spends on games development. Well, I suppose they wouldn't want to be taking money from the prima donnas ........ and their hair dressers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,357 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Look at the total outlay column. Cork got the biggest share last year presumably on basis that they have most clubs and members, not Dublin which has second most.

This is just more whining to evade the fact that reason Dublin beat Mayo is that they are a better team

Its not rocket science. Nor to do with money which in any event favours the Mayo senior footballers. What do they spend it on? Hair stylists :)

Mayo also have one of the lowest spends on games development. Well, I suppose they wouldn't want to be taking money from the prima donnas ........ and their hair dressers.

What's property tax got to do with it though?

Hoboo wrote: »

how many players in Dublin have to drive to Mayo for training? that's 3 hours. and games too.
    if there are 10 players doing that every week that is a lot of mileage expenses over a season.

Dublin players even get a free car, so they don't have to worry about it.

The Roscommon panel are currently running their own last man standing competition with the public just to pay for a training weekend somewhere.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

That outlay figure for Cork was primarily funding for Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    how many players in Dublin have to drive to Mayo for training? that's 3 hours. and games too.
    if there are 10 players doing that every week that is a lot of mileage expenses over a season.

Dublin players even get a free car, so they don't have to worry about it.

The Roscommon panel are currently running their own last man standing competition with the public just to pay for a training weekend somewhere.

Roscommon invested in a bus when they didn't even have a pitch.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Roscommon invested in a bus when they didn't even have a pitch.
    it didn't cost them a cent
    look it up.

Except whinging competitions.

I'm don't think you can call a statement of fact as whinging. To misconstrue my post as such, implies that you deeply afraid of a level playing field! :p

It's 15 men against 15 men. Despite Mayo's significant advantage in the money spent on the senior footballers.

It's 15 men against 15 men. Despite Mayo's significant advantage in the money spent on the senior footballers.

You've forgotten about the free cars.... Again :p
    Subaru will provide vehicles to the players and management of the Dublin senior football and hurling teams.

Subaru%20GAA%20Partner.9a1f090d3c8fba22f4aeff1d28e8fca8.png

http://www.subaru.ie/subaru-life/gaa-partner.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    it didn't cost them a cent
    look it up.

And neither did all the nice Subaru’s 😉 it’s called sponsorship

You've forgotten about the free cars.... Again :p

Subaru%20GAA%20Partner.9a1f090d3c8fba22f4aeff1d28e8fca8.png

http://www.subaru.ie/subaru-life/gaa-partner.html

I've honestly never seen a player drive a car around a football pitch :)

• Advertisement

I've honestly never seen a player drive a car around a football pitch :)

I've got to be honest here and say neither have I :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Looks like the money thing has struck a nerve with Bonniedog. Of course Dublin were the better team . Not by much, but they were the better team. In fact, as we know they are better than every team. And a huge reason for it is the money that was pumped into developing Dublin football. It’s not a crime, so you don’t need to deny it. Good for them that they seemed to have used that money wisely. About the car/perks issue. Your comment about never seen a car been driven around a football pitch is just deflective and shows the defensiveness. If you had actually thought about it for a second, you would realise that it’s a lot easier for a human being to push themselves to their limits if there is a reward at the end of it.

Dublin player: “It’s not great training in the snow and sleet, but at least I could get a car and other sponsorship perks from this if I push myself”
    Westmeath player (also can apply to about 28 other counties): “God, this is torture, and what do I get out of it. Not going to win Leinster, because of the money machine obstacle. With low morale not going to get far in qualifiers (after a possible drubbing by Dublin somewhere along the line). What’s the point in all the sacrifices”.

So the difference between Dublin and Westmeath is that Dublin players might get a car?

I am intrigued by your ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

So which one of the posters is Ewan?:D

kilns wrote: »
    So which one of the posters is Ewan?:D

Who's Ewan? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

He gets paid per click for his click bait articles so maybe coming on to boards is not worthwhile for him

So the difference between Dublin and Westmeath is that Dublin players might get a car?

I am intrigued by your ideas.

I don't think its just the about the car. Having had a look at the official Dublin GAA sponsors, it appears that a dublin player gets the free car to pick yer on up on a saturday night, a lovely free restaurant to take yer one out too, followed by a rather nice free hotel room (official sleeping partner :) ) to take yer one back too afterwards. No other county gets this level of commitment from sponsors. Its no wonder the Dublin players try so hard and push themselves to their limits. :D

https://www.dublingaa.ie/partners

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Who's Ewan? :p
    kilns wrote: »
    He gets paid per click for his click bait articles so maybe coming on to boards is not worthwhile for him

:D .. in no particular order his latest clickbaits were along the lines of

1. Pauric Duffy created a financially doped Dublin
    2. Rugby is an elitest sport that most in Ireland can't relate to or participate in
    3. It's our own fault that we have drugs cheats
    4. Women don't deserve the same pay as men in sport as they aren't as good

36616dc56fdf17c1ff6e99cc397f18df.png

DoctaDee wrote: »
    :D .. in no particular order his latest clickbaits were along the lines of

1. Pauric Duffy created a financially doped Dublin
    2. Rugby is an elitest sport that most in Ireland can't relate to or participate in
    3. It's our own fault that we have drugs cheats
    4. Women don't deserve the same pay as men in sport as they aren't as good

Who's Pauric Duffy :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

There is quite an interesting discussion to be had, if not a few of them, around this topic.
    Future direction of the gaa.
    Financial doping and what constitutes it.
    Are Dublin actually performing well, or in fact underperforming.
    What is the optimum model for gaa intercounty teams.
    etc

But we are never allowed to have them, because people just attack the county of the poster all the time.

As for the guy on about property tax - simple fix - sell your house and move to the country. You can get a similar house for a fraction of the price, then retire on the proceeds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement