Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭FeelTheBern

Have now noticed a bit of a knocking noise when turn steering fully left or right when tractor moving. Don't think there is any noise when turn but not moving and don't hear it when only turning small bit when moving. MF390 4WD. Just wondering what it's likely to be, and how urgent or serious (expensive!!). Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭tanko

Maybe its just a wheel bearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Reggie. wrote: »
    I think that is the same as a quicke Q46 loader. It should have no hassle lifting bales anyways. How high are you looking to lift the ton of fert?

Ton of fert just transporting to field. Lifting half ton into spreader.

Heavy bales onto trailer or a short haul on road

• Site Banned Posts: 13 Farmer Tom

Handy little yard tractor with front loader, €5k is it possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

satstheway wrote: »

Should be no problem to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Have now noticed a bit of a knocking noise when turn steering fully left or right when tractor moving. Don't think there is any noise when turn but not moving and don't hear it when only turning small bit when moving. MF390 4WD. Just wondering what it's likely to be, and how urgent or serious (expensive!!). Thanks

keep an eye on the track rod ends when the noise happens, thats the weakness in the steering of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Could be the knuckles on the front steering. Lock out the steering and give them a look to see is there any wear or movement

Could be the knuckles on the front steering. Lock out the steering and give them a look to see is there any wear or movement

Sounds like knuckles to me too.
    As for expense the quicker fixed the less damage it will do to shafts or seals. Id look into this b4 doing anything.

Ours lost bolts on driveshaft on way to front axel b4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

I think that is the same as a quicke Q46 loader. It should have no hassle lifting bales anyways. How high are you looking to lift the ton of fert?

Are you driving on the road with 2 bags on the front?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

cute geoge wrote: »
    Any one have any clue what quicke loader is the same as mf 873 front loader

Looking at some pictures online there, all those loaders fitted to the MF 42/43 early 54 range look broadly the same, some have parallel linkage bars for self leveling. No idea what the equivalent quicke models are though.

• Advertisement

Are you driving on the road with 2 bags on the front?

Yes but its not a high speed procedure. Its just 1 mile from house on quiet road.

Do it now with loader but its not mine.

Yes but its not a high speed procedure. Its just 1 mile from house on quiet road.

Do it now with loader but its not mine.

Sounds very hard on the loader. I'd be more inclined to go twice

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

cute geoge wrote: »
    Any one have any clue what quicke loader is the same as mf 873 front loader

I think the MF873 is a Quicke Q750.

Sounds very hard on the loader. I'd be more inclined to go twice

Never had loader on tractor b4 and never used 1. Mot sure what they capable off.

Couple around here haul bales from field with front loader. Would that be bad on them?

Never had loader on tractor b4 and never used 1. Mot sure what they capable off.

Couple around here haul bales from field with front loader. Would that be bad on them?

Can be without weight on the back. Can wear out the front axle quickly otherwise

Can be without weight on the back. Can wear out the front axle quickly otherwise

They would have bale on back

They would have bale on back

Would help but would be hard on the tractor unless it was a bigger machine like a NH T6

Would help but would be hard on the tractor unless it was a bigger machine like a NH T6

A NH.
    I thought you used to have a liking for red.

I have a 5455 and bring in one on the front and on the back. No problem with wear apart from getting the king pins done last year but that’s basically all that has worn out. Tractor is 05. Front loader is great and used a lot.

A NH.
    I thought you used to have a liking for red.

Just using it as a ref. First thing that came to mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

croot wrote: »

I have a 5455 and bring in one on the front and on the back. No problem with wear apart from getting the king pins done last year but that’s basically all that has worn out. Tractor is 05. Front loader is great and used a lot.

A friend has the same . He carries 2 on the back on a double and one on the front .
    They reckon it's better to carry more weight on the back as it takes weight off the front of the machine causing less wear on the front axel

9935452 wrote: »
    A friend has the same . He carries 2 on the back on a double and one on the front .
    They reckon it's better to carry more weight on the back as it takes weight off the front of the machine causing less wear on the front axel

A lot depend on the bales too. I'm able to feed with no weight on the back but was loading a truck a week ago with a bale on the rear and the tractor was abit unstable. Pure water in them

What size tractor he using. Lad around here used to take 4 2 on front linkage and 2 on back on a 6480 he reduced I see he only taking 3 now.
    If the haul was any more than across a road we would use trailer.

A lot depend on the bales too. I'm able to feed with no weight on the back but was loading a truck a week ago with a bale on the rear and the tractor was abit unstable. Pure water in them

Some around here have started cutting a cross under bale before stacking on ground end up.
    Lets the effluent out if their going to be wet.
    I try to make them dry.

True and I’d go for that but part of the roadway to my sheds is to narrow for a double bale lifter with bales on. The double lifter might be my next purchase anyway for stacking everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Anyone have an elephant trunk on the loader? They look a mighty job for bales leaving no damage. Thinking of getting one but unsure what it would be like if loading and unloading bales off a trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Know of a jd 6630 with the splines in its lift knuckles sheared from a double bale handler.
    I think they're a foul implement on any tractor with wet bales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

Anyone have an elephant trunk on the loader? They look a mighty job for bales leaving no damage. Thinking of getting one but unsure what it would be like if loading and unloading bales off a trailer.

I've used a McHale a few times. Think they're not made anymore. Was told they were the best design.

It's no good for wet soft bales. Does fine for loading trailer though. Just leave a little gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭maidhc

kay 9 wrote: »
    Know of a jd 6630 with the splines in its lift knuckles sheared from a double bale handler.
    I think they're a foul implement on any tractor with wet bales.

Two bales and the handler shouldn’t weigh more than 1.5t and will be close to the back of the tractor, the rated capacity for such a tractor should be over 6t. At the ball ends.

Also, no issue with brakes I can think of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

maidhc wrote: »
    Two bales and the handler shouldn’t weigh more than 1.5t and will be close to the back of the tractor, the rated capacity for such a tractor should be over 6t. At the ball ends.

Also, no issue with brakes I can think of.

2nd & 3rd cut from a fusion can weigh 950+kg, that's near or possibly more than 2 ton of bales alone.
    It was a known fault on the older deeres to strip the splines though.
    However, it shouldn't happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement