Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calving camera

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Aravo wrote: »
    Have wired camera's. Can pick up on my phone through the home broadband. If I leave this home broadband I can't pick up the pictures with broadband elsewhere. What's going on?

Can you pick it up on 3G? You might have to ring your broadband provider, it section, and ask is your IP address open on line , 81, 8081 or 8090 depending on what channel your using in your settings.
    I think the term they use is static up address.

What app are you using ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Have wired camera's. Can pick up on my phone through the home broadband. If I leave this home broadband I can't pick up the pictures with broadband elsewhere. What's going on?
    Might need to set up port forwarding on the router what broadband supplier are you with..

orm0nd wrote: »
    Might need to set up port forwarding on the router what broadband supplier are you with..

That's what it's called ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

P2P all the way. no static IP, totally DIY, stable simple reliable. I don't understand (for calving cameras) why anyone would be forwarding ports etc... Definitely not on new systems. I did my own setup, download app, open DVR menu, scan qr code with phone, bingo.....make sure to change passwords from default ones to be safe.
    Anyone can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Aravo

orm0nd wrote:

I'm with three. At home is also with three. So I need to contact three to get port forwarding.

• Advertisement

What app are you using ?

App is IMSeye

P2P all the way. no static IP, totally DIY, stable simple reliable. I don't understand (for calving cameras) why anyone would be forwarding ports etc... Definitely not on new systems. I did my own setup, download app, open DVR menu, scan qr code with phone, bingo.....make sure to change passwords from default ones to be safe.
    Anyone can do it.
    I have a family member living in New Zealand that monitors our cams during our night time and rings us if anything is amiss.
    Seeing you seem to be better versed on modern stuff I let you sort this

Still using the old dns from no ip here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I have a family member living in New Zealand that monitors our cams during our night time and rings us if anything is amiss.

Using someone on a different time zone is a clever one to think of for the night shift ! Some change from getting a postcard once a year type emigration haha

Bullocks wrote: »
    Using someone on a different time zone is a clever one to think of for the night shift ! Some change from getting a postcard once a year type emigration haha

My daughter used to work night shift in Belfast , often went to bed maybe at 4 am only to get a phone call an hour later . often threatened to blacklist her, but she did save a few lambs and calves

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mf310

Trying to set up a camera that came today from ebay but getting difficulty from laptop not being able to find camera .. is there anyone in the know here that i could get help off of thanks

• Advertisement

I bought a Triax DVR without hard drive, the particular model depends on what type of cameras you have. I have analogue cameras as it's not for calving cows just for keeping an eye on them. The hd compatible DVRs are no more difficult to set up. The important term to remember is "P2P"
    Anyone can do it themselves, not difficult, as outlined in my previous post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

how fast is your broadband upload speed? had this problem before, when you're connected to the same broadband as camera, the camera isn't uploading image via internet, its just transferring feed via broadband box, so when you are on another internet or 3g you won't be able to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TL17

P2P all the way. no static IP, totally DIY, stable simple reliable. I don't understand (for calving cameras) why anyone would be forwarding ports etc... Definitely not on new systems. I did my own setup, download app, open DVR menu, scan qr code with phone, bingo.....make sure to change passwords from default ones to be safe. Anyone can do it.

could you give bit more info
    What exactly did you buy?
    Is it based on sim card?
    Where did you buy ? (If it ok to ask)

Mf310 wrote: »
    Trying to set up a camera that came today from ebay but getting difficulty from laptop not being able to find camera .. is there anyone in the know here that i could get help off of thanks
    I bought a Triax DVR without hard drive, the particular model depends on what type of cameras you have. I have analogue cameras as it's not for calving cows just for keeping an eye on them. The hd compatible DVRs are no more difficult to set up. The important term to remember is "P2P"
    Anyone can do it themselves, not difficult, as outlined in my previous post.

well we have 2 members here looking for assistance, so help them out,

timple23 wrote:
    how fast is your broadband upload speed? had this problem before, when you're connected to the same broadband as camera, the camera isn't uploading image via internet, its just transferring feed via broadband box, so when you are on another internet or 3g you won't be able to see.

broadband is 2mbps. It's trying to connect but then comes up "server unavailable" so maybe I'm locked out. I called three and they stated that they need the port code. Where would I get this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Anyone can do it.

Agreed here, just got a 4 wireless camera cctv dvr kit today, cheap and cheerful straight from China kit, largely just plugged it all in and it worked straight out of the box. No real manual, and the android app is rubbish enough so I'll probably instead just teamview straight into the laptop connected to it, but for the 250e it cost me it will do the job perfect, got WiFi coverage all over the yard here, and 3 different calving boxes, so will have a camera for each now, and will use 4th one as an actual security camera. Don't really want to know what a full professional install would of cost me.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Hi. Just to clarify, you cannot connect to the camera When outside the range of your WiFi?

If that is the case it's more that you are using the incorrect IP address.

When you are in the house and you access the camera you use an IP address 192.168.xx.xx for example, this is the cameras direct ip.

When you are not connected to the Wifi you must access the camera through your routers IP address.

The next time you are in the house check the external ip using www.whatsmyip.com. Check it when you are connected to wifi.

This will give you the routers IP address and might start with 89.127.xx.xx for example. It will be different to the ip you use when accessing the camera through the wifi.

Then switch off wifi on your phone and enter the router IP address in your internet browser on phone and it should connect to the camera.

If you already know the above is not an issue then it will most like be a firewall setting on your router that is preventing outside access or it will because a port requires to be open is closed.

Did you receive software with the camera? When you run the camera software it will give you the cameras ip address

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Mf310

When i search my cameras ip address on google It says 
    This site cant be reached

192.168.1.XXX took too long to respond

Try:

Checking the connection

Checking the proxy and the firewall

Running windows network  Diagnostics

Ive tried adjusting these .. any ideas

well we have 2 members here looking for assistance, so help them out,

Yeah it's fairly self explanatory, if those systems were P2P then they probably wouldn't be having these problems. I'm not technologically adept enough to troubleshoot faults involved in forwarding ports, that's exactly why I bought a P2P DVR.

• Advertisement

Try:

Checking the connection

try putting the camera port into the url after a colon

i.e lets say the port is 80

192.168.1.XXX:80

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Try:

Checking the connection

Click here!
    Find that Camera!!

Try:

Checking the connection

Sounds like the IP address is incorrect. What make camera? Can you post details

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭larthehar

It is a while since i setup the one at home but i had to setup 2 login accounts one when on the wifi (LAN) and one for the accessing through the internet.
    Setting up on the LAN was easy as i just needed to give the dvr a static ip address and connect using the app.
    For accessing through the internet, i had to login into the router and setup port forwarding to port number on the dvr, this is configurable. Port 80 i think is the default in most cases. So if you google "what is my ip" when on the LAN that the camera is on this will give you the ip to connect to. Unfortunately ISP's tend to change the IP address on occasion unless you want to pay extra for a fixed ip address. I didn.t bother though, just update it manually twice a year or that..
    Usually the Dvr will also have a username and password to access it, change this from the default so random people are showing your live footage on the web!

Or as the lads said, just buy P2P and you avoid all that hardship..

Pulling my hair out at this craic. Do I need a public IP address to access remotely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

larthehar wrote: »
    Or as the lads said, just buy P2P and you avoid all that hardship..

What sort of money would they cost and what would be a good brand

What sort of money would they cost and what would be a good brand

From memory the DVR was around €150 and I paid around €80 each for two cameras. You can of course get dearer cameras but these are good enough for my needs. I bought a triax dvr, freetv sells hikvision DVRs for around the same money. Easy to set up.

Pulling my hair out at this craic. Do I need a public IP address to access remotely.

Ring your internet provider. Ask for it department. Tell them that you're setting up cameras and you are looking for your IP address to be static and port 80 to be forwarded. Tell them your not very rec savy. They'll have done it a thousand times and do it in a few minutes for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DBuckley

You just need to do a port forward on your router. or a DDNS. Never use port 80 it will cause problems use 8080

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭cycle4fun

Clever thinking that. I wonder soon will there be call centres in India who will be willing to keep an eye on cameras here for those who do not have family in different time zones?

Advertisement