Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Moose Man v "Social Influencer"...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    "
    This girl sent an email to a hotelier, assuming that it would remain private, and this awful man has exposed her to serious cyberbullying on a huge scale.

Except that he blanked out her name but she exposed herself by making a long winded whinging YouTube vid about it so no I don't have an ounce of sympathy for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The guy is a dick.

https://www.joe.ie/life-style/white-moose-cafes-blogger-saga-continues-thanks-multi-million-euro-bill-613392

Just when we thought it couldn't get any odder.

And now the whole saga has taken another turn, after The White Moose Cafe joked about sending the blogger an invoice... for more than €5 million.

The page, which was posted to the White Moose Café's social media profiles on Saturday, said that she was being charged €4,300,000 for "the provision of features in 114 articles across 20 countries with a potential reach of 450 million people".

He also added V.A.T at 23%, charging Elle in total €5,289,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,355 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Funnier by the day

One youtuber saying she's bad for them all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj1wHWOf1Jk

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Conspectus wrote: »
    The guy is a dick.

https://www.joe.ie/life-style/white-moose-cafes-blogger-saga-continues-thanks-multi-million-euro-bill-613392

And now the whole saga has taken another turn, after The White Moose Cafe joked about sending the blogger an invoice... for more than €5 million.

The page, which was posted to the White Moose Café's social media profiles on Saturday, said that she was being charged €4,300,000 for "the provision of features in 114 articles across 20 countries with a potential reach of 450 million people".

Well I hope he declares the invoice to the revenue. He owes them €989000.

The guy is a tiresome moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

People need to be aware - this man named and shamed a 14 year old girl recently who left him a one star review. This girl was also cyberbullied as a result. He told her to publicly apologise on his page if she wanted the vitriol to stop, so she apologised. He then deleted the entire post from his Facebook page.

People need to be aware - It makes no difference whether you are 14, 40 or 140 you have to be responsible for your actions when posting something in public.

This young girl and probably thousands like her of that age who follow a lot of these bloggers tried to defend her in public probably without having the full information.

Portray this 14 year old as a victim, as many will. But if this same 14 year old commits a crime in the eyes of the law she or he will be held to account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

People need to be aware - It makes no difference whether you are 14, 40 or 140 you have to be responsible for your actions when posting something in public.

This young girl and probably thousands like her of that age who follow a lot of these bloggers tried to defend her in public probably without having the full information.

Portray this 14 year old as a victim, as many will. But if this same 14 year old commits a crime in the eyes of the law she or he will be held to account.

In a children's court. There is a reason the rules are different for minors. I don't know what circumstances of that spat were so I won't comment on that but you have to be seriously dense not to understand the difference between a 40 year old and a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

People need to be aware - It makes no difference whether you are 14, 40 or 140 you have to be responsible for your actions when posting something

She was 14.

She did a silly thing. Did she deserve to be publicly humiliated online by a grown man and subjected to abuse from his 130,000 psychotic followers as a result? If you answer yes to that then it is very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Is the term Social influencer the new PC word for Unemployed

Honestly, it's just a trendy (and fairly pretentious) word for "promoter". It's a person whose job is to promote products online. People amass a large number of followers, which means they are being viewed by people online, and then sell this view space to companies who want to advertise. From what I've heard, you need about 10,000 followers on Instagram before people will pay you to hawk their stuff, although I'm sure payment usually just comes in the form of free stuff for the lower-level users. I knew it was pretty shameless, I didn't know it was so shameless that they actually went around begging for the stuff though, I always just assumed advertisers came to them.

She was 14.

She did a silly thing. Did she deserve to be publicly humiliated online by a grown man and subjected to abuse from his 130,000 psychotic followers as a result? If you answer yes to that then it is very sad.

Where did I say she deserved the abuse?

But by your logic, it's ok for a 14 year old to post anything she likes? Are we just suppose to say ah it's ok, she's only 14!!!

Where did I say she deserved the abuse?

But by your logic, it's ok for a 14 year old to post anything she likes? Are we just suppose to say ah it's ok, she's only 14!!!

I am not saying that a 14 yr old can post whatever they like. What I am saying is quite simple. A 14 yr old left a silly one star review on a restaurants Facebook page (oh, call the police!), and in return, a 40 something year old man encouraged his 130,000 keyboard warriors to attack this young, naive, and vulnerable girl. I am amazed that people on this thread are arguing with this.

Your man is a creep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

She was 14.

How is he supposed to know she s 14?

She was just a name playing a fake review and got called out for it.
    You're making much more of it than the people involved. People don't need you to bet outraged on their behalf.
    The exchange posted above seems very reasonable from both.

She was 14.

He didn't know she was 14, she made stuff up and posted it online hoping for likes, when he found out she was 14 he removed it and was gratuitous in his response. And hopefully she has learnt a valuable life lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

fritzelly wrote: »
    He didn't know she was 14, she made stuff up and posted it online hoping for likes, when he found out she was 14 he removed it and was gratuitous in his response. And hopefully she has learnt a valuable life lesson

This right here. Like I said earlier, he didn't know her age when she made up the review and was quite rightly taken to task over it. Once he knew, it was taken down and she was apologetic.
    I am not saying that a 14 yr old can post whatever they like. What I am saying is quite simple. A 14 yr old left a silly one star review on a restaurants Facebook page (oh, call the police!), and in return, a 40 something year old man encouraged his 130,000 keyboard warriors to attack this young, naive, and vulnerable girl. I am amazed that people on this thread are arguing with this.

Your man is a creep.
    Lets see here, did she start her review with "I'm a 14 year old vulnerable girl and want to give a review......." Methinks not. Did he start his post with "This vulnerable 14 year old has posted a fake negative review of my café! Keyboard warriors unite!" Methinks not.

mmHmm, I'm sure the hyperbole you're trying to infer here suites the agenda of plenty of social justice warriors, but its not the reality of what happened. Trying to infer that it did lessens you're point.

PS. since you're so accurate with your facts, I feel it incumbent upon me to point out that he's 37 and not 40 something. I know, because I'm the same around the same age so I'd remember when he mentioned it.
    Conspectus wrote: »
    The guy is a dick.

Yeah, cos when its reported on the pillar of journalistic integrity that is joe.ie the its completely accurate, and already in the post. Its clearly a joke, but then again some people have no sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

Ouch, you know you've screwed the pooch when they're ripping the piss out of you on the other side of the world....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i'm afraid all of that is irrelevant. as he was the adult in this situation, his behaviour takes greater precedents and by a huge margine.
    How is he supposed to know she s 14?

She was just a name playing a fake review and got called out for it.
    You're making much more of it than the people involved. People don't need you to bet outraged on their behalf.
    The exchange posted above seems very reasonable from both.

he's not making more out of it then what it was, he is calling what happened exactly what it was.

i'm afraid it doesn't work like that. his behaviour is not behaviour that one should use as a way to learn any lesson. he overstepped the mark, time to except it.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

i'm afraid all of that is irrelevant. as he was the adult in this situation, his behaviour takes greater precedents and by a huge margine.

he's not making more out of it then what it was, he is calling what happened exactly what it was.

i'm afraid it doesn't work like that. his behaviour is not behaviour that one should use as a way to learn any lesson. he overstepped the mark, time to except it.

SJW who cannot see any side of an argument that does not tally with the way they think the world should work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

It's puzzling how these few post(er)s can merrily skim over the fact that he didn't know she was 14 for that other story.

Ehh.

He didn't know she was 14 when he called her out on that review.

Didn't...

Know..

?

conorhal wrote: »
    Ouch, you know you've screwed the pooch when they're ripping the piss out of you on the other side of the world....

Absolutely hilarious. Her bandwagon could do with watching this, then again it wouldn't necessarily sit with their agenda....

Should i except it his behaviour from some sort of benchmark that you seem to have, or should I accept your comment, I'm confused.

None the less, I should do neither, since you have ignored the logic of what I posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

SJW who cannot see any side of an argument that does not tally with the way they think the world should work

nope. someone who sees someone else's behaviour for what it was, someone who should know better. no amount of calling people "sjw rabel rabel" will change the reality here.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

It's puzzling how these few post(er)s can merrily skim over the fact that he didn't know she was 14 for that other story.

Ehh.

Didn't...

Know..

?
    nope. someone who sees someone else's behaviour for what it was, someone who should know better. no amount of calling people "sjw rabel rabel" will change the reality here.

Mmm, still ignoring what's being pointed out to you i see.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Dj Tom

Mmm, still ignoring what's being pointed out to you i see.

Are you related to the Buford t justive v?

Dj Tom wrote: »
    Are you related to the Buford t justive v?

No, I just snaffled the username before they did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 Dj Tom

No, I just snaffled the username before they did.

Yea they are a sad parody.

Ehh.

Didn't...

Know..

?

It's puzzling how you cannot read. Regardless as to whether or not he knew or did not know her age (she looked about 10 in her profiler but anyway), publicly "shaming" her and encouraging 130,000 people to abuse her because she left a negative review is psychotic behaviour on his part. THAT is the point.

On a side note - this social media influencer (isn't WMC man a social media influencer himself? Hypocritical much?) asked for free accommodation in exchange for free advertisement. This is hardly "shocking news". You are aware that companies like Lovin' Dublin and The Taste write positive reviews on hotels/restaurants in Ireland in exchange for money or a membership fee? There is so much corruption, but surely this is common knowledge? People are acting shocked at something which has been common knowledge (or so I assumed) for years.

WMC man claims to hate censorship, yet this is the same man that deletes all comments which are in support of his victims. Amazing.

I am sure majority of people who have half a brain will see him for what he is - a bully.

There was no way to know her age which has been mentioned a number of times!

I am sure majority of people who have half a brain will see him for what he is - a bully.

I think the majority of people here will see you for what you are and no matter what you come out against WMC.

WMC man claims to hate censorship, yet this is the same man that deletes all comments which are in support of his victims. Amazing.

And Elle disables comments on her vid because people call her out for what she is, oooh the irony

It's puzzling how you cannot read. Regardless as to whether or not he knew or did not know her age (she looked about 10 in her profiler but anyway), publicly "shaming" her and encouraging 130,000 people to abuse her because she left a negative review is psychotic behaviour on his part. THAT is the point.

On a side note - this social media influencer (isn't WMC man a social media influencer himself? Hypocritical much?) asked for free accommodation in exchange for free advertisement. This is hardly "shocking news". You are aware that companies like Lovin' Dublin and The Taste write positive reviews on hotels/restaurants in Ireland in exchange for money or a membership fee? There is so much corruption, but surely this is common knowledge? People are acting shocked at something which has been common knowledge (or so I assumed) for years.

What's even more puzzling is that you continue to trot out the same rhetoric to people again and again, without acknowledging any sort of counter to your argument
    Is that because it doesn't fit with our agenda? Is it because you have no answer?

Tell you what, and careful now, cos this is a bit from left field; How about we have a discussion on the merits of the situation, taking into account both sides of the argument. That way, when one person says something you don't agree with you can reasonably disagree with them, and everyone else can do too, rather than spew the same rabble again and again making the same pointless comments?

How about that, or is that not in keeping with your agenda?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

There was no way to know her age which has been mentioned a number of times!

You can tell from her profile picture in fairness

• Advertisement

You can tell her from her profile picture in fairness

Yeah, just like my avatar is an accurate representation of what I look like and my age.

Advertisement