Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanker watch: Warning signs that someone is a tosser

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

When a guy has a scarf around his neck and a t-shirt on....Not a jumper a t-shirt.....ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Neames wrote:
    When a guy has a scarf around his neck and a t-shirt on....Not a jumper a t-shirt.....ffs!

Yeah and it's freezing and he is shivering.. wanka

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The vast majority of barmen are dead on and I always show them manners because it can be a tough job, but the odd time you come across a bellend at the bar.

I was gone for a few pints in a local that I quite like during the week with a few of the lads. Came across a Spanish barman then.

The two times I went to the bar I was left waiting about 10 minutes for two pints of Guinness. A fairly simple order that shouldn't take long, especially on a quiet Wednesday night. He was very slow getting up and down the bar as if he was just going at his own pace, and his demeanor was quite unfriendly.

After I gave him a 20 quid note, he took the note and then went and poured more pints and went further down the bar to take orders. This was despite the fact he was stood right beside the till when I gave him the money. I have never in my time seen a barman do this before, and I reiterate that the pub was not even busy so I dread to think what he would be like on a hectic night. All done without even a hint of a smile or thanks too. I asked the lads around me about him and they both said they got similar treatment.

I later ran into a girl who worked there and asked her about him. She said there were loads of complaints and what he does is take the change of the punter, walk down the bar and hope that they forget about it so he pockets it himself. Change from a score for two pints? Is he for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Guys called Justin , all three I have known have been not just a little bit of a wanker but UTTER **** , it’s like theirs Mammy’s thought about their precious name too hard and they were brought up as precious fcuks...... , if you by any miracie are a nice Justin , sorry !😉

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

What really annoys me about some people is their unwillingness or inability to watch they are going.

A lot of modern day facilities are really well laid out provided you take the time to watch where you are going. Most people dont and just end up getting in each others way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,094 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

These toerags who,when they are coming out of a side exit onto an almost empty road,cannot fohhrking wait three or four seconds and exit after you have gone through.

No,these pissants have to chug out, force you to brake and then have the nerve to give you the digits when you flash them.

Definite uber-****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

These toerags who,when they are coming out of a side exit onto an almost empty road,cannot fohhrking wait three or four seconds and exit after you have gone through.

No,these pissants have to chug out, force you to brake and then have the nerve to give you the digits when you flash them.

Definite uber-****.

Heard JCs car park in Swords is notorious for that. Things can get violent at times. Heard some lad attacked a goon with a 5-iron after he nearly took the arse off his Ford Mondeo.

Definite uber-****.

These bellends usually crawl down the road then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Anyone who describes themselves as "woke" deserves a place on this list.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,033 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

People who stamp on your new runners to "christen" them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

everlast75 wrote: »
    People who stamp on your new runners to "christen" them

You need to stop being friends with 14 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,033 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Nokotan wrote: »
    You need to stop being friends with 14 year olds.

They're not my friends *

* joke - there are actually adults who still do that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,827 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

You might need a new definition of adult then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

NufcNavan wrote: »
    The vast majority of barmen are dead on and I always show them manners because it can be a tough job, but the odd time you come across a bellend at the bar.

I was gone for a few pints in a local that I quite like during the week with a few of the lads. Came across a Spanish barman then.

The two times I went to the bar I was left waiting about 10 minutes for two pints of Guinness. A fairly simple order that shouldn't take long, especially on a quiet Wednesday night. He was very slow getting up and down the bar as if he was just going at his own pace, and his demeanor was quite unfriendly.

After I gave him a 20 quid note, he took the note and then went and poured more pints and went further down the bar to take orders. This was despite the fact he was stood right beside the till when I gave him the money. I have never in my time seen a barman do this before, and I reiterate that the pub was not even busy so I dread to think what he would be like on a hectic night. All done without even a hint of a smile or thanks too. I asked the lads around me about him and they both said they got similar treatment.

I later ran into a girl who worked there and asked her about him. She said there were loads of complaints and what he does is take the change of the punter, walk down the bar and hope that they forget about it so he pockets it himself. Change from a score for two pints? Is he for real?

We really have been spoiled for years with our Irish barstaff, in fairness. Their ability to multi-task and keep a thronged bar well looked after for drink really is a sight to behold.

You notice this the more you travel - and, in my experience, Spanish barmen are the most absolutely useless ("It's not racism, Bill, it's ethnic criticism").

Their absolute refusal to do any more than one task at a time (and take forever to do it) makes them completely unsuitable to work in Irish bars - or any bar outside f*cking Spain, to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    We really have been spoiled for years with our Irish barstaff, in fairness. Their ability to multi-task and keep a thronged bar well looked after for drink really is a sight to behold.

You notice this the more you travel - and, in my experience, Spanish barmen are the most absolutely useless ("It's not racism, Bill, it's ethnic criticism").

Their absolute refusal to do any more than one task at a time (and take forever to do it) makes them completely unsuitable to work in Irish bars - or any bar outside f*cking Spain, to be honest!

Probably because they are no used to a group of 44/29 gloamers coming in and gulling back pints like the drought was coming.

Putting the glass up on their heads and gannetting the fcuker down like a sardine.

These guys are used to sipping, for forks sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,827 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Are you having a stroke?

Are you having a stroke?

Bit rattled, but I think it’s fair comment.

Probably because they are no used to a group of 44/29 gloamers coming in and gulling back pints like the drought was coming.

Putting the glass up on their heads and gannetting the fcuker down like a sardine.

These guys are used to sipping, for forks sake.

You not the sort to down a gallon and a half of porter in the space of 4 hours on a Saturday night?

Don’t like tardy service in a pub myself if I’ve a lip on me for drink.

You not the sort to down a gallon and a half of porter in the space of 4 hours on a Saturday night?

Don’t like tardy service in a pub myself if I’ve a lip on me for drink.

Partial, Rumpy, in fairness .

However the Spaniards are a little more ..well....refined.

They can’t quite get a group of dough boys waddling up to the bar and hosing back a gallon apiece in an hour and a half whilst pissing like dray horses after the fifth..

Not their nature Rumpy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

I remember a bar called McGraths that used to be on O'Connell Street. For some reason they used to shut the bar upstairs for 10 minutes at about 1 am, probably to count and remove money. I remember one night there was a crowd of absolute gargle monsters in the place. The barman couldn't get the shutter down and ended up taking out a baton and twatting anybody near the bar. It might even have been that Spanish fella...

Partial, Rumpy, in fairness .

However the Spaniards are a little more ..well....refined.

They can’t quite get a group of dough boys waddling up to the bar and hosing back a gallon apiece in an hour and a half whilst pissing like dray horses after the fifth..

Not their nature Rumpy.

Know the sort well, Brendan. Sort of lads who have the peg out before they are half way across the lounge, just so they can get back to the barstool to watch the ‘Man U’ game a few seconds quicker. Talking scutter about how Sanchez will give them options behind the front two.

Wouldn’t let them darken the door of my public house if I owned one.

WHIP IT! wrote: »

The said Spanish barman was ran by the pub.

It has nothing to do with culture or pace of drinking in Ireland. He was simply a terrible barman with bad traits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Guys dressing like Peaky Blinders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Anyone who uses the term "the feels".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

bigpink wrote: »
    Guys dressing like Peaky Blinders
    Also see the Paul Galvin collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Cyclists who ... stay with me... cyclists who tattoo pistons on their legs. Sick in my mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

People that drive, that lean the seat back so far they are nearly lying down ..
    Absolute w€nkers ........

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

guys who wear Trinity scarfs, especially during mild weather.
    in particular when they throw (or toss?!!) them over one shoulder. in that affectatious manner

what a swift kick in the arse wouldn't ............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

They usually have a boring username

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement