Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

mathie wrote: »
    Yes.
    The photo is taken from above and the parcel was open at the side.
    So you can't see if it was opened before or after the photo was taken.

Mathie your pm inbox is full so i cant reply. I had a big battle to get the compensation for a repaired iphone that disappeared in their depot. Took a few months of phonecalls but finally got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Thanks all for the replies.

I'm having a back and forth with the CS and their standard line of reply is "get amazon to send a replacement".

"The packaging was insufficient"
    Even though there's a photo of the parcel intact on their website.

I suppose it's the small claims court is the next step?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Now they're saying the "contents were too large for the packaging" and they are closing the case.

In the picture of the package the item is unopened.

Ridiculous company.

Small claims court beckons.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Maybe tweet @UPS and them asking if this is their new standards after the takeover?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

Really feel for you, mathie. They're a horrible customer service department to deal with. I've had packages go missing and had to deal with them - they make Three and Virgin Media look like saints. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 dmanmoore

We ordered a Christmas gifts for our teenage boys through Amazon and was delivered to Parcel Motel on December 5 2017. We initially got an email from Parcel Motel that they received the parcel on 5/12/2017 and we should have it in a day or so. The parcel never came.

After 5 weeks of writing and calling Parcel Motel regarding this shipment with little to no response other than a possible computer generated response, we received an email today (5 weeks later!) that 'as per our terms of business, our standard liability covers parcels to the maximum value of 100.00'.

Kind of a slap in the face being that the parcel was way more expensive than that; the boys did not get their Christmas presents; and it took 5 weeks to get this response from Parcel Motel!

Would be grateful for advice on this. Not sure what to do. Any input/advice would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

What response did you get from Amazon? Have you tried a chargeback on your credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,609 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Effects wrote: »
    What response did you get from Amazon? Have you tried a chargeback on your credit card?

Amazon have no liability here in fairness.
    The package was delivered as addressed and this seems to be confirmed by the O.P.
    The issue is with Parcel motel.
    The O.P used a freight fowarder and the T&Cs set a specific liability limit in respect of any missing packages ubless the customer chooses to avail of an increased insurance limit at an extra charge.
    These are laid out in the terms of service, whilst one would hope P.M would not misplace packages.
    When they, they have cleaely specified and limited their liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

dmanmoore wrote: »
    Would be grateful for advice on this. Not sure what to do. Any input/advice would be appreciated.

While I understand how unhappy you are about that, but the only sensible option is to take the €100 and move on.

Next time order directly or purchase additional insurance from PM.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Mod: Welcome to Boards. Moving this over to Consumer Issues where people may be better able to help.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Kind of a slap in the face being that the parcel was way more expensive than that;

If thats the case why didn't you pay the extra to insure it for the higher price?

You took a chance of not paying the insurance and it didn't pay off for you. It sucks but Parcel motel are fulfilling their duty here, the parcel was lost (that sadly can happen) and inline with the insurance you had they can give you a max of 100e.

Amazon have zero liability, the item was successfully delivered to the address you provided to them so thats their job done. Not their fault you decided to use a redirection service that then lost it.

Mark this down to a life lesson. Next time as suggested ensure you pay the extra insurance if needed.

Perhaps, but there should be a moderate level of standards for a large company like Parcel Motel. Businesses should be held to a moderate level of accountability. I was fobbed off for 5 weeks by Parcel Motel. If even one person is helped by my situation I will be satisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved & merged into Parcel Motel megathread

dudara

Thank you for your response.
    Although that may be practical solution, I care more about the principles here and that others may avoid the same trap that I fell in to.

Thank you for your response.
    Although that may be practical solution, I care more about the principles here and that others may avoid the same trap that I fell in to.

You might complain about the quality of support - and it is known not to be the best. But don't feel you're entitled for any more compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

We ordered a Christmas gifts for our teenage boys through Amazon and was delivered to Parcel Motel on December 5 2017. We initially got an email from Parcel Motel that they received the parcel on 5/12/2017 and we should have it in a day or so. The parcel never came.

After 5 weeks of writing and calling Parcel Motel regarding this shipment with little to no response other than a possible computer generated response, we received an email today (5 weeks later!) that 'as per our terms of business, our standard liability covers parcels to the maximum value of 100.00'.

Kind of a slap in the face being that the parcel was way more expensive than that; the boys did not get their Christmas presents; and it took 5 weeks to get this response from Parcel Motel!

As has been said, Parcel Motel have confirmed they'll pay their insurance of 100 euro as you've agreed when using their service.

Clutching at straws, what you could try is vocally contacting them on all their social media and asking for something extra from them in good faith etc. For their reputation perhaps they'll be generous and increase their offer.

/clutching at straws.

Depending how much more than 100 you're out of pocket, you may well be better moving on. Oh, and genuinely sorry you're out of pocket and kids missed out.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

After about great year of really good service, I have a parcel missing, delivered on the 18th of Dec. tracked and signed for. Value is only 30 euro but it's vintage. In saying that, nobody would rob it!!

I've sent the invoice, proof it was delivered etc. And I have no problem waiting. I'd love if they could just send me a picture of all their unclaimed parcels!

But then today, I collected something I bought last week and I got an email closing my case as
    I had just collected my lost item. I just confirmed that the item was still list and then I was asked for an invoice for the item I bought last week.

Not really sure what's going on, but we'll see if the parcel turns up.

Thank you for recommending addresspal. Much better alternative than Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Thank you for recommending addresspal. Much better alternative than Parcel Motel.

Check their T&C's, I seem to recall the amount they pay out if something is lost/damaged etc is much less than Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Hi

I got a microwave from amazon and it came damaged from parcel motel. I dont know if parcel motel damaged it or the previous carrier. Anyway amazon said they would refund me fully in postage charges when i show them a copy of the receipt.

Can I use parcel motel to return this item or do I have to use An Post. The return label I got from them is for Fife in Scotland.

• Advertisement

Hi

I got a microwave from amazon and it came damaged from parcel motel. I dont know if parcel motel damaged it or the previous carrier. Anyway amazon said they would refund me fully in postage charges when i show them a copy of the receipt.

Can I use parcel motel to return this item or do I have to use An Post. The return label I got from them is for Fife in Scotland.

Check how much ReturnPal.ie will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Chopper Dave

Anyone noticing a delay in getting parcels from the depot to the locker? It used to be that I would get an email mid-afternoon telling me that my parcel had been received into the depot and then the parcel would go into the locker that night (usually around 10/11pm).

Recently, it's been taking several days to get to the locker; particularly when the parcel is received on a Thursday or Friday. A parcel received at 2pm last Friday didn't go into the locker until the following Wednesday evening.

Anyone noticing a delay in getting parcels from the depot to the locker? It used to be that I would get an email mid-afternoon telling me that my parcel had been received into the depot and then the parcel would go into the locker that night (usually around 10/11pm).

Recently, it's been taking several days to get to the locker; particularly when the parcel is received on a Thursday or Friday. A parcel received at 2pm last Friday didn't go into the locker until the following Wednesday evening.

That would normally mean the locker is constantly full.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ED E wrote: »
    That would normally mean the locker is constantly full.
    I have said before, it would be in everybody's interest if they would just let people know which are the most popular locations. I think I have 4 I could pick from, its a pretty even split convenience wise, except for the still ongoing weekend issue (i.e. some are near my work so if items arrive friday night I am screwed).

I think they only let it be known at christmas time, and only a handful of locations.

Not only would knowing which is not popular get me my stuff faster, but it would free up the ones more in demand.

After having two motels robbed they may not want to publish that info.

All they need to do is have rebates for collecting within 12hrs. Give the user a euro back. Things will flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

Has the UK been split up into Mainland UK & Northern Ireland for delivery purposes by Amazon all of a sudden? Been trying to buy stuff and everything keeps on coming up as not deliverable to the PM address up north anymore as it's not part of "Mainland UK"?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Has the UK been split up into Mainland UK & Northern Ireland for delivery purposes by Amazon all of a sudden?
    Think it has been like that for ages. Maybe in the past you were not ordering restricted stuff, like batteries or stuff with batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I got about 4 parcels last week, all were in the locker at 6am the morning after they arrived the day before & I received the email. Where abouts are you? I'm in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I was collecting a package last week when I slammed the door closed another door opened. Someone else's parcel was in it. Could have easily taken it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Has anyone found that with smaller items sometimes the person putting it in the locker throws it right in at the back of the locker and if it is in one of the top lockers you need to be a giraffe to reach in and get it :o I have had to jump up and nearly climb up to try and get some of mine and I am 5 foot 8!

Advertisement