Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Luxxis

have a parcel in depot/In Transit since 8 Mar 2018 14:11 ?

Strangle another Parcel checked in on the 10 Mar 2018 15:13 and I got it just an hour ago!

Anyone know whats going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Phone just beeped!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Dylan94

To be fair to them my package arrived with them on Friday without my PMID and it arrived Sunday.

Not too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

Want to know peoples views of ParcelMotel

I have used it a number of times both for national and international deliveries

I understand international deliveries take time but national???

Example purchased item from Adverts, seller posted on Thur and today Tuesday the item is "still in transit"

Is their logistics layout too rigid???

And by the way there are updates on Sat so 4 full business days and more as it was placed in ParcelMotel drop off on Thur eve

Let me know others views or experiences

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

MOD: Merged with PM megathread
    Please do not create new threads

• Advertisement

Cuttlefish wrote: »
    today Tuesday the item is "still in transit"

Full lockers most likely though PM don't give us any insight.

I've had items stored at 1AM 3 days in a row so it seems they do visit each PM daily where possible (unless UPS have decided to change it up).

PM is an absolute joke, how can lockers be "full" for over two days

If you can't deliver to a locker then deliver to the house

PM = Joke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Cuttlefish wrote: »
    PM is an absolute joke, how can lockers be "full" for over two days

If you can't deliver to a locker then deliver to the house

PM = Joke

Firstly because people don't bother to collect their stuff. There's no incentive to do so quickly.

And they will deliver to your house/job/wherever if you pay for it.

Got a text this morning that package now stored. will collect later.

Not impressed that it took a week to be delivered from Dublin!

Poor service

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭statto25

Folks if something was delivered to Belfast before 3pm today what are the chances it will be in a Mayo locker tomorrow morning?

• Advertisement

Had a checkin today, lets hope it goes for collection overnight.
    statto25 wrote: »
    Folks if something was delivered to Belfast before 3pm today what are the chances it will be in a Mayo locker tomorrow morning?

The tell tale sign is if it gets scanned (email with photo) before 5PM. If that doesnt happen then you're very unlikely to be on the evenings run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭statto25

ED E wrote: »
    Had a checkin today, lets hope it goes for collection overnight.

The tell tale sign is if it gets scanned (email with photo) before 5PM. If that doesnt happen then you're very unlikely to be on the evenings run.

It just hit the Dublin depot so fingers crossed it'll hit the lockers in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

proccess with dealing with over sized parcels is annoying, im living in carlow and they charged me for putting into storage in dublin im hardly gonna drive up to dublin for it. There should be a option that im notified its over size and then i can arranage for it to be home delivered immediately. Instead I have to pay again for it to be removed from the storage (which i already paid for)and delivered to Carlow. But 1st of all it has to be taken from the locker they deposited and back to the depot. It was received in Dublin on the 14th and now today on the 16th its only gone back to the depot. Its the Bankholiday weekend so ive no idea what day I will receive it next week. Just messy ill go with Anpost parcel connect next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Odd one alright. The only time I had an oversized package delivered, they automatically diverted it to Home Delivery for me here in Kilkenny, without even having to ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

proccess with dealing with over sized parcels is annoying, im living in carlow and they charged me for putting into storage in dublin im hardly gonna drive up to dublin for it. There should be a option that im notified its over size and then i can arranage for it to be home delivered immediately. Instead I have to pay again for it to be removed from the storage (which i already paid for)and delivered to Carlow. But 1st of all it has to be taken from the locker they deposited and back to the depot. It was received in Dublin on the 14th and now today on the 16th its only gone back to the depot. Its the Bankholiday weekend so ive no idea what day I will receive it next week. Just messy ill go with Anpost parcel connect next time

I find them to be best with oversized parcels, as long as you tell them. They have smaller packages for me a few times for a few weeks on end and their CS isn’t great. I’ve only every had h9me delivery though, not lockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 doomshine

Anyone knows if they're working tomorrow? Or do I have to wait til Tuesday before they check in a parcel that RM delivered to Newtownabbey in the early morning today?
    Usually a Saturday delivery means it's in the locker before midnight, today - not even a check in. I remember being told they're working on a NI bank holiday schedule, yet here we are.

doomshine wrote: »
    Anyone knows if they're working tomorrow? Or do I have to wait til Tuesday before they check in a parcel that RM delivered to Newtownabbey in the early morning today?
    Usually a Saturday delivery means it's in the locker before midnight, today - not even a check in. I remember being told they're working on a NI bank holiday schedule, yet here we are.

Google exists yaknow ;)
    Friday 30th March Normal Hours Office & Operations

Saturday 31st March Normal Hours Office & Operations

Sunday 1st April Closed

Monday 2nd April Normal opening hours for oversize collections only

Tuesday 3rd April Normal Hours Office & Operations

• Registered Users Posts: 25 doomshine

Ah, checked their Facebook, but didn't think about twitter. Fair enough. Sorry for spamming.
    Anyway, it was checked in yesterday (Sunday) somehow, so now just playing the locker-waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

still in depot since last week how can you tell them its a oversized parcel, sometimes with amazon they over package items

20/03/2018 07:05:10 DUBLIN At Depot
    16/03/2018 17:42:46 DUBLIN Hub In
    16/03/2018 10:23:01 PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN Outbound
    16/03/2018 04:45:50 PM Delivery
    15/03/2018 20:07:29 PM Stored
    15/03/2018 20:05:44 PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN PM Stored

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

What do people reckon the best quick up point would be if living in north Dublin? Anytime I've selected the actual depot itself which is just around the corner from me it seems to take longer than one of the drop off points !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Ordered something from AliExpress with a value of 50 euro. It arrived in Heathrow on Sunday afternoon but the status still says waiting to clear customs so I reckon I need to pay duty on this. I know Parcel Motel refuse parcels with with duty needed to be payed. On Parcelforce tracking it says the addressee will be notified if duty needed. Is there a way to contact and pay through Parcelforce direct or.whats the procedure? Thanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Ordered something from AliExpress with a value of 50 euro. It arrived in Heathrow on Sunday afternoon but the status still says waiting to clear customs so I reckon I need to pay duty on this. I know Parcel Motel refuse parcels with with duty needed to be payed. On Parcelforce tracking it says the addressee will be notified if duty needed. Is there a way to contact and pay through Parcelforce direct or.whats the procedure? Thanks.

https://parcelmotel.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115003110005-Can-I-purchase-goods-from-outside-the-EU-using-my-Parcel-Motel-Address-

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

aaronm13 wrote: »

It's happened to me before that some items are stuck in "waiting to clear customs" when getting stuff to PM. Have never once had an issue with customs tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Thanks to both of you for the information. Didn't realize Parcel Motel would contact you if duty needs to be paid. I'll just play the waiting game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Shortbread

Just wondering if anyone has experience of this? I returned a parcel to a retailer via Parcel Motel using their pre-paid Royal Mail label and they say they didn't receive it. Parcel Motel have it listed as delivered to Royal Mail but can't supply a proof of delivery signature. Is that the norm that Parcel Motel just wash their hands of items they may, or may not, have delivered to Royal Mail? It suddenly seems a very risky way to return items now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Shortbread wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has experience of this? I returned a parcel to a retailer via Parcel Motel using their pre-paid Royal Mail label and they say they didn't receive it. Parcel Motel have it listed as delivered to Royal Mail but can't supply a proof of delivery signature. Is that the norm that Parcel Motel just wash their hands of items they may, or may not, have delivered to Royal Mail? It suddenly seems a very risky way to return items now.

How long has it been since you sent it?
    I'm presuming the royal mail is showing no scans?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Shortbread

Davy wrote: »
    How long has it been since you sent it?
    I'm presuming the royal mail is showing no scans?

Thanks, it was sent on 27th February, showing as delivered to Royal Mail on 5th March but tracking number isn't showing anything on the Royal Mail site. Now I'm thinking Paypal might process it as a claim but I'm not sure if they'll accept sent with Parcel Motel as proof of returned to retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 IrelandWest Hillwalking

My parcel delivery has seemingly dissapeared in to Parcel Motels 'black hole', wherever that is. 19 days ago it was sent from Galway to Nenagh. They never provided me with any notification at time of sending. Tracking was strange, saying it was in Galway, Limerick, Dublin, and eventually Nenagh. But my customer never got any notification of it being ready for pickup. Customer service say its there, in Nenagh. My customer has been there repeatedly... it is not there. The store says nothing has come in. He has never yet received any notifications. Customer sevice say he has... but they also told me I had (and I have not!). Customer service is now ignoring my emails. Does anyone at this company know what the blazes is going on? Or, more to the point, care?

Mod merge.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi, as you are a business, this isn’t a Consumer Issue. I’ll move it instead to the Online Buting & Auctions forum.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 IrelandWest Hillwalking

"Hi, as you are a business, this isn’t a Consumer Issue. I’ll move it instead to the Online Buting & Auctions forum.

dudara"

Hi, sorry, but who is this comment aimed at?

Advertisement