Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

leck wrote: »
    I dropped a package off at Parcel Motel on Monday. It was a return to Cragghoppers in the UK using CollectPlus.

It's only my second or third time using PM. First problem the barcode wouldn't scan. Entering it manually was very difficult as screen was above eye level and even in the wintry daylight it was almost impossible to read the screen and the touch screen was not reacting properly. But finally a door popped open, put parcel inside. Before driving away I looked at the typed instructions which said to hit Confirm after putting item in locker. Someone else was using it at this stage so I left.

I got a follow-up text almost immediately.
    "Thank you for using the PM sending and returns service. We will notify you to confirm receipt of your parcel."

But I've had no updates since. I thought I would get an update when parcel was picked up and another when it arrived in Antrim.

On the PM site, the only activity it shows is my last check-in which was in July 2016. Is this typical?

To check the status you will need to check the Sent Items, they are a bit slow on collecting parcels, on my case normally about 2 days after I stored it.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭drakshug

I am one of the parcel motel users that has to collect in store. Thanks to Amazon's weird packing I had to pay extra for home delivery due to an oversize parcel that wouldn't fit in the locker. What Locker?
    As it is I sometimes have to queue for ages to then wait while staff go through a pile of parcels. I would love to go back to having a locker but as I don't, I don't know why I should be charged for having a parcel that doesn't fit in a non existent locker. I have seen bigger, longer parcels sitting behind in store.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Yeah I'm one of those people as well. In store collection only as the lockers were taken away a good while ago. Still have to pay for larger items as they don't fit in a standard locker. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Cancel, got my query answered by phoning PM

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jaypea1

Some advice please.
    I need to send a laptop to uk. Anpost don't do batteries.
    I know PM deliver to uk, Will they take laptop?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

Hey

Anyone know what happens when PM have seemed to have lost my returned item to a retailer?
    Retailer says they still haven't gotten it (I sent it off 25.01.18)
    PM says it was delivered to the returns hub 01.02.18. It can take the retailer 1-2 weeks to do the return. However they say they still don't have it on their returns system.
    Been chasing PM up for a POD but no luck so far as the last entry on the tracking just says out bound at swords :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

PMs return service doesnt sign for the outbound packages so if it disappears it a case of tough cookies from previous posters who've gone through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

ED E wrote: »
    PMs return service doesnt sign for the outbound packages so if it disappears it a case of tough cookies from previous posters who've gone through it.

Seriously? I would not have used them if I knew that. Surely PM would have to refund based on them losing the package. Grr

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Johnnyscotsman

jaypea1 wrote: »
    Some advice please.
    I need to send a laptop to uk. Anpost don't do batteries.
    I know PM deliver to uk, Will they take laptop?

Thanks

If you were close enough to Newry, you could send Royal Mail, they do batteries as long as they are attached to the item (phone/laptop). Usually much cheaper than An Post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Not scanned in Dublin, thats slow by PM standards.

DELIVERY RECORDED
    Jan-19-2018, 11:30 AM
    SORTED FOR DELIVERY
    Jan-19-2018, 11:04 AM
    ITEM SCAN
    Jan-18-2018, 19:01 PM

Update:
    Scanned 20 January 2018 at 17:19
    Loaded 20 January 2018 at 21:38

Still very reasonable.

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help me in relation to the above. Is this a relatively 'normal' lead time for parcel motel? It's only scanned into Parcel Motel's system more than a day after it reaches them?

I'm a bit worried - I ordered a phone from Amazon.de, wouldn't deliver to IRL, and used ParcelMotel for the first time. I had no idea they even offered extended liability, I would've happily paid €3.50 (!) if I'd known. I got an email from Amazon.de saying the parcel was delivered and "handed to resident" in Newtownabbey yesterday morning. However, when I check my ParcelMotel account there's nothing been checked in or logged to my account.

I rang PM, who basically said there's a delay checking parcels in due to snow, which is totally fine - I don't mind if there's a delay in it arriving with the weather, just so long as it actually gets here. Reading the stories on Boards I'm getting a bit anxious about it. I rang PM to ask could I purchase the €3.50 extended liability now given that I've just realized it's an option and they still have to do their entire function (check parcel into system, drive it to Dublin, deposit in a PM) but they said it wouldn't cover me as Amazon have already given it to them.

Is there anything I can or should do here? Does anyone have any experience on extended liability? Maybe if I insist they'd let me buy the €3.50 cover as they've not actually checked the goods or done anything yet? Is there anything I can do to make it more likely it arrives? Feeling foolish that I didn't see the liability option in the first place and kinda concerned it won't get here now! Thanks for any help.

Edit: Phone arrived, relief! Will be sure to extend liability in future. Timing in case anyone else is waiting on parcels:
    Amazon delivered to PM Newtownabbey: Sunday 12:44pm Sunday
    Parcel checked in to PM Dublin depot: Monday 17:35
    Deposited to motel for collection: Monday 23:12

• Advertisement

Don't be stressing.

PM receive the items at a unit in Newtownabbey but their staff just sign for and cage the items, that's it. The first processing happens in Dublin.

So with the snow RM/Couriers may have made the deliveries on Friday/Sat/Today but the trucks to Dublin were probably off the road. Now they've a huge load for staff to scan in Dublin when it finally arrives. PM have shown they've zero ability to cope with increased demand so it just grinds to a near halt.

I'd guess you'll get a checkin email within 48-72hrs.

Thanks for that, really useful to know the process.

I actually just got two emails: one automated saying it's now arrived in the Dublin depot, and one from customer service saying it's in Dublin but may take 24-48hrs to be dropped at the motel.

Fingers crossed now, still kicking myself for not noticing the extended liability option but hopefully it all goes ok this time! Thanks again for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Yeah for the snow event they had a few days backlog. I had a parcel arrive and be signed for on Thursday but only got check-in today at about 2 PM. So they should catch up on everything fairly quickly if they are doing check-in for Sunday arrivals.

Your Parcel has arrived in our Dublin depot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

the parcel motel item is in my locker ready to be collected since this morning, whilst the other item hasn't even registered on the address-pal system as of yet.

How do you check if it's registered on the system?

How do you check if it's registered on the system?
    Log in to your Parcel Motel account and scroll down, it should show your parcel history and it should be listed there if it's been logged. For me it took about 24 hours from Amazon giving them the package and PM checking it into my account as received.

He was asking about AP not PM I'm fairly sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Log in to your Parcel Motel account and scroll down, it should show your parcel history and it should be listed there if it's been logged. For me it took about 24 hours from Amazon giving them the package and PM checking it into my account as received.

He was talking about the Addresspal system. I'm wondering how to track it on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 doomshine

What is happening with Parcel Motel? My parcel is 'in transit' since Wednesday. This is by far the worst delay I've ever experienced from them... and I've been using pm extensively for years, including Christmas time. Is it still the snow backlog? If so, its really bad form.

Need the items for tomorrow evening as well :/ hope they turn up tonight/tomorrow afternoon.

6 March 2018 at 12:54 - Parcel 1 @Depot
    7 March 2018 at 15:35 - Parcel 2 @Depot
    8 March 2018 at 01:41 - Parcel 2 @ PM for collection

Both the same size soe they're not processing in order anyways. Parcel 1 is the one I actually want *strums fingers*

• Advertisement

Still not loaded, abnormally slow.

Same, this is getting ridiculous. 4th day in the depot today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Dylan94

So if it says:
    Sat 10 Mar 12:26 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel

Does that not actually mean that its in Transit? But rather just sitting in the depot?

Mine was delivered to them yesterday morning and this is the first scan. Do they do deliveries to the PM on weekends? I really need this parcel :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dylan94 wrote: »
    So if it says:

Does that not actually mean that its in Transit? But rather just sitting in the depot?

Mine was delivered to them yesterday morning and this is the first scan. Do they do deliveries to the PM on weekends? I really need this parcel :/

On Saturdays yes

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

I've two Parcels still "In Transit", one since Tuesday the other since Wednesday and no movement. Poor form, one was a Mothers Day present, the other a birthday present needed for next Thursday - by the way things are going I'll be lucky to get it by then :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

macroman wrote: »
    I've two Parcels still "In Transit", one since Tuesday the other since Wednesday and no movement. Poor form, one was a Mothers Day present, the other a birthday present needed for next Thursday - by the way things are going I'll be lucky to get it by then :rolleyes:

Delays can happen from time to time to any company, but they should be judged on how the customer care and how they resolve the issues for customers.

Sadly Parcel Motel customer support is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭phoenix49

Never had issues with then until recently. Parcels get stuck in "InTransit" from depot to PM for several days. Not sure what happening there but I'd be at least more happy to have an option to pick up parcels directly from depot when there are delays. Today I picked up an XL parcel and when asked about another smaller package, they told me to wait until it gets delivered to lockers. At this point I'd definitely give an Adress Pal a go and try it out.

Finally got the text last night. 4 days in the depot out of the Christmas/Black Friday season is frankly appalling.

phoenix49 wrote: »
    Never had issues with then until recently. Parcels get stuck in "InTransit" from depot to PM for several days. Not sure what happening there but I'd be at least more happy to have an option to pick up parcels directly from depot when there are delays. Today I picked up an XL parcel and when asked about another smaller package, they told me to wait until it gets delivered to lockers. At this point I'd definitely give an Adress Pal a go and try it out.

The lockers are likely full and they arent willing to incentivise early pickups.

AP is a slow service, dont move to them for transit times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

The lockers are likely full and they arent willing to incentivise early pickups.

AP is a slow service, dont move to them for transit times.

I agreed with that, I had a parcel that arrived in Antrim on Thursday got to my locker on the same day, using the locker in Tallaght, even before the snow I had a parcel delivered to Antrim on Wednesday and was on my locker on the Wednesday at about 6pm.

I recommend when possible to maybe change to a locker in the area that might not be as busy, but would only be guessing what locker to choose as they don't give details of users per locker.

Advertisement