Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking: At least 1 man dead after stabbing rampage in Dundalk

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Were there terrorist attacks with randomly selected victims every day this week?

Deflect, deny, whatabout.

At least one, yes.

There was a guy attacked in a random one punch attack the other day while getting into a taxi. Logic on this thread dictates because there was no reason for it it was a terrorist attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Lux23 wrote: »
    Well no, there were members of the IRA from the Republic.

Well no they weren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

First terrorist to use an iron bar. Wonder why he switched to a knife on the Japanese man.

How come the brits didn't deport him when his application was refused?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Hammeron Frazier

If you are unhappy with our immigration/refugee laws as they stand, then vote for somebody who agrees with your political views or get elected.

This is why the far right are gaining strength in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

ThisRegard wrote: »
    There was a guy attacked in a random one punch attack the other day while getting into a taxi. Logic on this thread dictates because there was no reason for it it was a terrorist attack.

Wrong.

As per.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

I'm surprised it took the usual suspects so long to start posting about the evils of johnny foreigner and wanting a hard border in Ireland.

Took a while to get out of bed today lads did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

U wot m8?

I was talking about the specific period of the troubles. Not today. Do keep up love. :rolleyes:

Right, so how would that situation compare with Ireland today? At the time of writing, we haven't had a confirmed terrorist attack so why would we ban Muslims now? By your logic, we should never have been allowed back to the UK?

TheBlock wrote: »
    Well no they weren't.

yes, there were.

Dessie Ellis and that Ferris character in Kerry are both (ex)members

• Registered Users Posts: 14,360 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

This is why the far right are gaining strength in Europe.

Democracy is the reason that the far right are gaining strength? Okie dokie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

TheBlock wrote: »
    Well no they weren't.

Eh?? Yes, there was.

• Advertisement

Lux23 wrote: »
    Right, so how would that situation compare with Ireland today? At the time of writing, we haven't had a confirmed terrorist attack so why would we ban Muslims now? By your logic, we should never have been allowed back to the UK?

Where did I mention "banning" anyone.

Seriously, is this the standard of debate the leftists are stooping to now, outright making things up to suit an agenda?

I won't be responding to you any more pet. Toddle on there and make up stuff about someone else, yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Wrong.

As per.

Random words do not make good posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Trump could be about to tweet about Dundalk. Have to say I never thought I'd see it.

Sure isn't it a well known republican stronghold.

Random words do not make good posts.

better than lying, that's for sure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

dav3 wrote: »
    I'm surprised it took the usual suspects so long to start posting about the evils of johnny foreigner and wanting a hard border in Ireland.

Meanwhile the opposite usual suspects were very early out of bed to spread their virtue all over each others faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

inforfun wrote: »
    I brought him up?
    My very first post in this thread is the one where i quote your post where you mention Trump "being to radicalisation as what Bloody Sunday is to the Ra"

And for the rest... no, you're golden.

Sorry, I'm on my phone, assumed you were the poster who i'd originally quoted, who mentioned Trump. Still unclear as to how on earth that's me shoehorning him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭kaymin

If you are unhappy with our immigration/refugee laws as they stand, then vote for somebody who agrees with your political views or get elected.

The DoJ has responsibility for reporting systemic 'weaknesses' to the Minister. It has no responsibility for amending laws and you should be thankful for that.

I don't need your education on how our democracy works.

I'd consider this incident to be a serious example of either a systematic weakness in our border control laws or inadequate processes to ensure existing laws are complied with. So, as I said in my first post, the DoJ has much to answer for though as recent whistleblower experiences show, they seem answerable to no-one and accountable for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,243 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

doylefe wrote: »
    Meanwhile the opposite usual suspects were very early out of bed to spread their virtue all over each others faces.

probably because we are already up as we have jobs to go to.

At least one, yes.

Any sensible person will look for "intent" when it comes to violent crime, especially when the victims are seemingly random. If two drunk men get into a fight over a games of cards the intention by one or the other is not the same as the(possible in this case) intention of a man who is driven by a radical ideology to kill 'Westerners' or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

At least one, yes.

Eh, what?

These terrorist attacks are carried out in the name of Islam against the west, there is 'a reason' for them.

• Advertisement

Democracy is the reason that the far right are gaining strength? Okie dokie.

Yes. The far right are making political gains through democracy. You disagree?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Garda Media Briefing live now on RTE News Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,143 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

He's referring to Japan's strict immigration policy.
    thefloss wrote: »
    Not at all what my point was. The guy must have thought Ireland is a similar first world country with sensible immigration laws - for example if you are from a country that exports terrorists, usually of the Muslim kind, you should be profiled and more extensively vetted than those from other countries.

It's not that hard a concept to grasp. But that's rayyycist apparently.

Japanese people want to severely restrict people coming to their country. A bit hypocritical if they expect that they can go anywhere they like themselves. We're under no obligation to implement their rules just because they might want to come here for whatever reason.

Still, the point remains that you the poster was implying that it wouldn't have happened in Japan. So he'd be fine if he'd stayed there. He'd also have been fine if he'd gone out on the beer last night and slept in. That's just life. A lot of random variable converged to result in his death. Butterfly effect if you will.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Sorry, I'm on my phone, assumed you were the poster who i'd originally quoted, who mentioned Trump. Still unclear as to how on earth that's me shoehorning him in.

That shoehorn comment was not aimed at you personally.

But it is just every single time something out of the ordinary happens, you can wait for someone to put the blame on Trump.

Like i said, i am not a fan. Although I still think the least bad option ended up in the WH but that says more about his opponent than him.

kaymin wrote: »
    I don't need your education on how our democracy works.

I'd consider this incident to be a serious example of either a systematic weakness in our border control laws or inadequate processes to ensure existing laws are complied with. So, as I said in my first post, the DoJ has much to answer for though as recent whistleblower experiences show, they seem answerable to no-one and accountable for nothing.

How do you know that it is a systemic weakness in our border control laws. Did you know that elected politicians created these laws? Which inadequate processes are to blame? Apart from 'seem', you have no evidence for anything you are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

If you are unhappy with our immigration/refugee laws as they stand, then vote for somebody who agrees with your political views.

I would imagine they already do??!!

Yes. The far right are making political gains through democracy. You disagree?

Ah. You've changed your point. Good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Garda Media Briefing live now on RTE News Now.

What's the general take or consensus? Or are they appealing for help again?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,151 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

dav3 wrote: »

This could just as easily have been carried out by a lone Irish nutcase.

Trying to bring multiculturalism or hard borders into it would be a massive overreaction (there have been numerous random assaults going on in this country for years....people being attacked in the street by complete strangers at nighttime and left injured or unconscious).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Police on scene within minutes.. guess that shuts up argument that we're not prepared.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement