Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone posted a picture of me on Facebook...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

stevek93 wrote: »
    Is this not social media?

Ya but we're all anonymous software programs designed to mimic real people so $%&€£¥₩₩***

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I'm glad Facetwat wasn't around when I was much more of an idiot than I am now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

THe beach was a 2 minute drive from the holiday home we were renting, so we weren't really in public, as there was no one else driving that route.

I don't really get this logic. Do you mean there was nobody else around or that the area wasn't public?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

I don't really get this logic. Do you mean there was nobody else around or that the area wasn't public?

Basically, there was a small boithrin from the holiday home to the beach. Never saw other traffic on it, so didn't feel the need to dress up for the drive. Simply all bailed into the car in our togs and down the beach. Contrast that with going to a swimming pool down the M50 or whatever, would have put tshirts and shorts over the togs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hate when people post pictures of you mid eating a chicken nugget at your auntie's 90th or something.

I don't want people knowing I sometimes eat chicken nuggets :(

But i want to know you ALWAYS eat nuggets #nuglife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Years ago I appeared on the news on an article about smoking. Got treated like a celebrity the next day but it didn't last. At least I wasn't the poor guy that slipped on the ice. RTE just do what they like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Years ago I appeared on the news on an article about smoking. Got treated like a celebrity the next day but it didn't last. At least I wasn't the poor guy that slipped on the ice. RTE just do what they like.

Were you a smoker at the time? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Nowt on the Donegal news about a house burning down either.

I'll contact my neighbour and tell him to inform Donegal news immediately to report his misfortune. I guess it probably slipped his mind with, you know, his house burning to the ground! :rolls eyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

New Home wrote: »
    I also agree with the op, I'd have blown a gasket. Considering how people get angry over colleagues stealing their lunch (which is something that can be replaced), is it really a wonder that some people like the op (and myself, if I found myself in that position, and quite a few others on this thread) react they way they do over someone taking something that doesn't belong to them and using it without asking? Once a picture is out there (regardless of what it is), it's there forever. It doesn't matter if the picture can or cannot be tagged, do you (a general, non-specific 'you') only recognise people if there's a tag on their picture on FB? The OP has every right to demand that his/her picture be taken down.

Had a read through the thread

Perhaps the OP could clarify something:
    Are you the subject of the picture or are you just in the background?

If you're not the subject of the picture, then I don't think the person that posted it has to take it down, it's just tough sh*t
    If you are the subject of the picture then yes, I believe you have the right to have to taken down.

OP could report post to facepage if they wished, not sure how that will help though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

It's too late OP. It's out there now. You're on the system. You're likely being monitored by the FBI as we speak. In fact I'm not sure I should even be seen talking to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Syphonax

Ruxjit wrote: »
    And I'm ****ing fumin'about it. It's a only a pic of me at work, I'm not on Facebook or any other social media site and I like to keep it that way.

A friend of my sent me a screen shot by iMessage, ****ing raging now, I feel like calling round to the house of the tit that posted it, to tell him to take it down.

Would anyone else be annoyed by this?

No, more interested whether you are you hot or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

Todd Gack wrote: »
    #firstworldproblems
    People that reside in the ghetto in the Caribbean have the internet. I've never liked this meme.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,555 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

stevek93 wrote: »
    Is this not social media?

No, not with anonymity.

It does not meet the definition of social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,754 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

No, not with anonymity.

It does not meet the definition of social media.

So Twitter isn't social media either? Right .....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,141 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Once upon a time, I took my children to the beach, all of us in our swim gear. THe beach was a 2 minute drive from the holiday home we were renting, so we weren't really in public, as there was no one else driving that route. Arrived at beach, have a good time, then all jump into car to drive back. In-law takes a photo, and shows it to us later. How we laughed, me the naked paedophile with a car load of kids. The angle of the photo didn't show I was wearing shorts.

shortly afterwards the plank posted the photo on Facebook. Now, try to imagine the comments. then try to imagine me 'calmly' 'asking' him to take it the **** down NOW!!!!

20 years ago, and only yesterday he reminisced on how that's a mistake he won't make again. Talk about coincidence , eh?
    ok, 13 years ago and he's .......

That's the nub of your paedo problem there.......not being able to tell the difference between 13 years and 20. "she looked 20 your Honour" won't hold up in court!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Old thread...but get where OP is coming from. Don't put pictures of myself on social media...so don't expect others too either. Would not be happy if someone did so without my consent. I'm uncomfortable with having my picture taken, like super uncomfortable and the whole selfie culture absolutely baffles me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Old thread...but get where OP is coming from. Don't put pictures of myself on social media...so don't expect others too either. Would not be happy if someone did so without my consent. I'm uncomfortable with having my picture taken, like super uncomfortable and the whole selfie culture absolutely baffles me.

Interesting. I would have been the same in the Bebo days but got over it.
    Any running event I goto these days no matter how serious or not has someone taking photos and posting them. How do you get around that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,319 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Interesting. I would have been the same in the Bebo days but got over it.
    Any running event I goto these days no matter how serious or not has someone taking photos and posting them. How do you get around that one?

I was thinking the same thing. If your involved in any sporting event they can be lots of photo's taken of you at any event by various photographers. Either before/during/after and people don't even relies it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I was thinking the same thing. If your involved in any sporting event they can be lots of photo's taken of you at any event by various photographers. Either before/during/after and people don't even relies it.

The place I work in is a big tourist attraction, though that's not like its primary function (English Market in Cork).

I am in the background of I don't know how many fcuking twats' selfies, or sometimes people just come up and take pictures of you working, without asking (or buying anything for that matter, but sure, instagram that for yourself anyways).

It's incredibly annoying, I do confess to pulling faces when I spot people doing it.

It's more the invasion of the photo being taken than where it might end up though, if that makes any sense. It's just rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,754 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Try playing music in a pub in Ireland - or even being a customer in a pub where music is being played live. I can guarantee that you will be in pictures and videos a zillion more times than you'll know about.

You don't own your image, or control the rights to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

kylith wrote: »
    If you're so sensitive about someone putting up a photo of themselves that you're in background of, maybe you should just stop leaving the house.

or maybe people should be a bit more aware of who is in the backround when they are taking their pictures.?
    they usually spend a lot of time with their poses and getting the right shot of themselves. how about spend a few seconds considering if anyone else might in view too

There is no law that prevents you publishing any photo.

there should be

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dick Rimmington

its nobodies business as to why someone does not want a picture of themselves on a public platform if they can be clearly identified, there could be a good reason as to why they feel this way.
    that said, that also means avoiding large social gatherings where it can be expected that pictures will be taken and shared publicly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

there should be

There definitely shouldn't. Consider for a minute the ramifications of what you are suggesting

There definitely shouldn't. Consider for a minute the ramifications of what you are suggesting

which are?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Cody montana

It’s usually hideous fatties who complain.

which are?

consider for a minute.

If you still haven't figured it out post here tomorrow and I will explain it to you then.

consider for a minute.

If you still haven't figured it out post here tomorrow and I will explain it to you then.

could I not consider it for a minute and if I don't post back after 1 minute you tell me?
    tomorrow is a long way away..

• Advertisement

could I not consider it for a minute and if I don't post back after 1 minute you tell me?
    tomorrow is a long way away..
    Sleep on it. I am sure something will come to mind

Advertisement