Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone posted a picture of me on Facebook...

Options
  • 23-07-2017 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

And I'm ****ing fumin'about it. It's a only a pic of me at work, I'm not on Facebook or any other social media site and I like to keep it that way.

A friend of my sent me a screen shot by iMessage, ****ing raging now, I feel like calling round to the house of the tit that posted it, to tell him to take it down.

Would anyone else be annoyed by this?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,073 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Are you naked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Phonicks

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Go see your solicitor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Guy Sajer

Elizabeth is that you??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Ruxjit wrote: »
    And I'm ****ing fumin'about it. It's a only a pic of me at work, I'm not on Facebook or any other social media site and I like to keep it that way.

A friend of my sent me a screen shot by iMessage, ****ing raging now, I feel like calling round to the house of the tit that posted it, to tell him to take it down.

You are on boards:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

You're well within your rights to be annoyed about it but going around to his house ranting won't solve it. Text him/her and politely ask for it to be removed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Is this not social media?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

It's unfortunately unavoidable these days, privacy is no longer a luxury we have unless living on a deserted island. And even then, some moron will arrive on a luxury yacht and take a selfie with you... ick

• Registered Users Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

"Hi, I heard from (Tony) that you have posted a picture on Facebook that has me in it. I'm actually pretty careful about my online presence and privacy, and don't like photos of myself being posted online, so I'd appreciate it if you would please take it down."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Well, you have several options open to you.

1: go on Boards and rant about it.
    2: get a solicitor and spend thousands and months and months on a lawsuit

or

3: just fceking ask him to take it down!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Is it the "work" that's embarrassing?
    Intrigued now...

Are you a strippogram?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Step 1: Call the guy
    Step 2: Ask him nicely to remove it.

Step 3: Stop being such a baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

#firstworldproblems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Do we have any rights over our photos? If the op agreed to being photographed I don't think he had any rights.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,193 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Do we have any rights over our photos? If the op agreed to being photographed I don't think he had any rights.

If he was in public he has no rights whether he agreed to it or not far as I'm aware (not sure if being at work counts as being in public).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

osarusan wrote: »
    "Hi, I heard from (Tony) that you have posted a picture on Facebook that has me in it. I'm actually pretty careful about my online presence and privacy, and don't like photos of myself being posted online, so I'd appreciate it if you would please take it down."

"I'm not removing it, F off". So what does the OP do next?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I wonder if the OP is receiving social welfare at the moment??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Unless you are bollick naked or on the run from the police I think you are over reacting and need to calm down. Nobody gives a sh1t.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Change your name by deed poll.

problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Ruxjit

Very pedantic, yes Boards.ie is technically social media.
    Nothing embarrassing about my work, just didn't expect to be photograph a posted on a public forum.

I don't have any contact number for him just know where he lives.

But I will get his phone number and ask him politely it to take it down.

it's annoying, the rant helped me vent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Hate when people post pictures of you mid eating a chicken nugget at your auntie's 90th or something.

I don't want people knowing I sometimes eat chicken nuggets :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Very ignorant to post up someone else's picture without any consent sought.

Unfortunately there is a generation that gives this sort of thing not a first thought, never mind a second.

Whoopsie, Everybody knows you eat chicken nuggets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Call over to his desk
    "How's things tom, listen one of the lads told me you've a picture of me up on Facebook. 8 hate that kinda Shyte to be honest so would ya be able to take it down when ya get a chance, good man."

Very ignorant to post up someone else's picture without any consent sought.

Unfortunately there is a generation that gives this sort of thing not a first thought, never mind a second.

Ffs my unauthorized photo has appeared in national and local papers. You have no rights to annoyonmity in public spaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Everybody knows you eat chicken nuggets.

These hips don't lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Is it the "work" that's embarrassing?
    Intrigued now...

Are you a strippogram?
    Todd Gack wrote: »
    #firstworldproblems
    I wonder if the OP is receiving social welfare at the moment??

OP is entitled to not want his/her photo put up on social media if he/she doesn't want it there. It's quite obvious (unless you are a total selfish moron) that if someone you know (a) doesn't have facebook or (b) has it but posts minimal content, they probably don't want third parties posting photos of them either.

Comments like the above show the ignorance of those who think that just because they feel it's normal to broadcast every waking moment online, there must be something wrong with those who don't. That is, of course assuming that these posts are for real and it's not just the usual AH posters taking the proverbial. I suspect they are but it's soooo hard to tell these days :pac:

OP - As stated above, I would outline to the person how private you are and ask them to take it down. Expect them to act like you've confessed to mass genocide when you do though, because having a sense of privacy or decorum are fast-fading qualities nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I dread your office tomorrow:
    Photo taker: Hey how was your weekend?
    Op: DONT YOU HEY ME YOU PHOTOTAKING MOTHERFCUKERRR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

OP looks like a bag of farts and looks like a bag of diarrhoea in photos. Become good looking OP and stop looking like ass vapour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

anna080 wrote: »
    Unless you are bollick naked or on the run from the police I think you are over reacting and need to calm down. Nobody gives a sh1t.

Hey, don't you know that the OP is so gorgeous that he hides from public view so as to not cause stampedes? Were the masses to get a glimpse of his countenance on such a site as Facebook the country would be torn asunder by horny women and lusty gay men, and the OP would be forced to flee the country.

Advertisement