Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syrian refugees threaten lawsuit over food at Ballagh centre

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

I agree!

Naturally when you are the one using it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

Cupatae wrote: »
    Naturally when you are the one using it lol

Only muddy when you post on topics they know very little about.

Yeah lets do the same as another nation but then really know nothing of the politics of that nation.

Ignorance is not knowing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

You are creating a hypothetical on something that will not happen. And then say "nothing to back it up....."

They will not have a referendum on this, they will not veto it, they will bring in 2500 more refugees.

Haven't you been pushing the whole, Europe will think we are bold boys for not taking the immigrants, they'll out us on the naughty step for not doing what we are told?? Hypothetically speaking.

Haven't you been pushing the whole, Europe will think we are bold boys for not taking the immigrants, they'll out us on the naughty step for not doing what we are told?? Hypothetically speaking.

I think you need to jump in your time machine and go back to when this might actually make sense!

We are and have been taking refugees for the last 18 months.
    Also they are refugees not immigrants.

We have already agreed this it is not a hypothetical!
    The only hypothetical is the one you have made up where Ireland after agreeing to all this decides to do a U-turn midway through.
    Legally the refugees that are here cannot be sent back and suggesting possible ramifications for Ireland breaking their deal with the EU is what? Ridiculous?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Ya I kinda figured that the muddying the waters seems to be a common tactic on here when someone's cornered !

I blame the Brits.

• Advertisement

Only muddy when you post on topics they know very little about.

Yeah lets do the same as another nation but then really know nothing of the politics of that nation.

Ignorance is not knowing!

Or just constantly replying back with something completely off topic every time ur cornered in a debate,

Like when everyone's talking about refugees in ireland and you throw in questions about the political systems in Poland and some other random place lol

Its not ignorance just difficulty keeping up with your ramblings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Or just constantly replying back with something completely off topic every time ur cornered in a debate,

Like when everyone's talking about refugees in ireland and you throw in questions about the political systems in Poland and some other random place lol

He didn't bring up Poland or Hungary.

Its not ignorance just difficulty keeping up with your ramblings.

lol - Yeah I brought up Poland ;)
    One thing being ignorant but another to being just lazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Odhinn wrote: »
    He didn't bring up Poland or Hungary.

Specifically a user appeared to be praising the Polish and Hungarian government for their policies. Weirdly, people see to be attempting to like EU policy to what's occurring in those countries at moment...

pitifulgod wrote: »
    Specifically a user appeared to be praising the Polish and Hungarian government for their policies. Weirdly, people see to be attempting to like EU policy to what's occurring in those countries at moment...

But for the love of god do not educate them to what is happening there!
    Else you are just going off topic! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

But for the love of god do not educate them to what is happening there!
    Else you are just going off topic! :rolleyes:

Ur not educating anyone its hilarious that ur smug enough to think that lol :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Educating us in fictional scenarios maybe like the brits and us ending trade and taking all there companies back ect lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

topper75 wrote: »
    If the EU is that keen to foist them on us, is that not question time?

It would be much cheaper to keep them in Germany or Turkey even. Most sane people laugh at racist nutjob conspiracy theories, but there is a missing piece in the jigsaw. What is really going on, and what is the EU up to?

Indeed..

https://www.politico.eu/article/europe-migration-migrants-are-here-to-stay-refugee-crisis/

Ur not educating anyone its hilarious that ur smug enough to think that lol :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I just educated you who thought I brought up Poland and Hungary to try and muddy the waters :P

I love how when you are wrong, you ignore and just move on :P
    Seems to be a pattern here!

I just educated you who thought I brought up Poland and Hungary to try and muddy the waters :P

I love how when you are wrong, you ignore and just move on :P
    Seems to be a pattern here!

Just like ur ignoring ur brit and us boycotting us and ending trades ect and ur fictional scenarios hows that for muddying lol

But u just ignore and move on :P see it works both ways now im doing what uve been doing all along in the thread lol

Anyways this is just winding down into pure nonsense, im out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 BinLiner2

Any actual first-hand accounts of the food?

Just like ur ignoring ur brit and us boycotting us and ending trades ect and ur fictional scenarios hows that for muddying lol

But u just ignore and move on :P see it works both ways now im doing what uve been doing all along in the thread lol

This was a little hard to decipher?

"Just like ur ignoring ur brit and us boycotting us and ending trades ect."

But I think I know what you are referring too:

You said:

"They should be cleared out of the country, and we should look after our own first.."

Which is completely illegal by the way.....

and I said

"Maybe all the American corporations should clear out too head back to the USA (Something Trump is actually trying to do now).
    Same for all the British Corporations.
    Maybe the EU and Britain should completely f##k us on the brexit deal also...

Maybe everyone should just look after themselves!"

I was trying to demonstrate the stupidity of your illegal proposed action.

Anyways this is just winding down into pure nonsense, im out!

Ah come back? No point sulking off, all just a bit of banter.....
    Actually I am soooooo far behind in my work because of the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

You seem to be conflating some of the anti-democratic steps taken by those Governments with their stance on immigration and refugee policy.

Do you think their refugee / immigration policy is at odds with the views of their electorate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Actually I am soooooo far behind in my work because of the thread!

Don't believe you.

• Advertisement

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    You seem to be conflating some of the anti-democratic steps taken by those Governments with their stance on immigration and refugee policy.

Do you think their refugee / immigration policy is at odds with the views of their electorate?

You could say the exact same thing about Nazi Germany, just because the public may or may not support questionable policies does not legitimise. Part of the rise of Nazism included finding groups to blame for all their woes. Certain rights don't matter any more, we put in international laws to avoid repetition of history through human rights violations but unfortunately do repeat it.

Secondly given the fact that the Hungarian press is not free, the state has a major influence in public opinion as they virtually control the national press.
    https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-press/2017/hungary

In Poland, we recently had Neo Nazi marches and then we have this particular aspect, the government is actively trying to encourage movements like that through its polices.
    In April, the Council for the Prevention of Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia and Related Intolerance was abolished.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/europe-and-central-asia/poland/report-poland/

So really, I would say both are ramping up policies that are entirely totalitarian and disregard the rights of all. The view on refugees is symptomatic of the issue. It's not something to be aimed for although I'm sure plenty on here will think it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Ronaldinho wrote: »

Thousands of Polish marched last month, I think for their independence day & were all accused of being far right nazi's
    The majority of Eastern Europeans dont want the threat of Islamic terrorists being brought into their countries so dont want refugees/migrants
    I bet if a poll was done the majority of Irish would feel the same

You could say the exact same thing about Nazi Germany, just because the public may or may not support questionable policies does not legitimise. Part of the rise of Nazism included finding groups to blame for all their woes. Certain rights don't matter any more, we put in international laws to avoid repetition of history through human rights violations but unfortunately do repeat it.

Secondly given the fact that the Hungarian press is not free, the state has a major influence in public opinion as they virtually control the national press.

In Poland, we recently had Neo Nazi marches and then we have this particular aspect, the government is actively trying to encourage movements like that through its polices.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/europe-and-central-asia/poland/report-poland/

So really, I would say both are ramping up policies that are entirely totalitarian and disregard the rights of all. The view on refugees is symptomatic of the issue. It's not something to be aimed for although I'm sure plenty on here will think it's great.

It was for their independence day:rolleyes:

Same could be said about the EU..

Look at pictures of the Christmas markets & you will see the difference between the Western & Eastern

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Look at pictures of the Christmas markets & you will see the difference between the Western & Eastern

It's ok to disregard Europeans rights though....I mean who do they think they are going Christmas shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Thousands of Polish marched last month, I think for their independence day & were all accused of being far right nazi's
    The majority of Eastern Europeans dont want the threat of Islamic terrorists being brought into their countries so dont want refugees/migrants
    I bet if a poll was done the majority of Irish would feel the same

I'd bet you're right but we're never going to have a poll on the issue. Craven politicians here run a mile from the topic.

It's ok to disregard Europeans rights though....I mean who do they think they are going Christmas shopping

Yes & if you dont buy into multi culturalism your immediately a racist

It was for their independence day:rolleyes:

I'm perfectly aware of that but the crowds were filled with nazi slogans... Including stuff about keeping the country white.

• Advertisement

Yes & if you dont buy into multi culturalism your immediately a racist

I think his post is a clear example of his hypocrisy and brainwashing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement