Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syrian refugees threaten lawsuit over food at Ballagh centre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

pitifulgod wrote: »
    Those countries both have burgeoning groups of Neo Nazis, that's a all good I suppose.... Plus Poland's government was taking over their judiciary to basically remove checks and balances. Hungary is viewed as pretty antidemocratic too, reduced press freedom etc.

The EU is viewed as anti-democratic are you going to take the same line with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

The EU is viewed as anti-democratic are you going to take the same line with them?

The EU isn't limiting press freedom, the EU cannot remove the system of checks and balances of a country and abusing the rights of citizens isn't actually a thing. The EU has been pushing to maintain human rights if anything. Hungary is literally aiming for a dictatorship and has been deteriorating even more over the last few years. This is a matter of fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

The EU isn't limiting press freedom, the EU cannot remove the system of checks and balances of a country and abusing the rights of citizens isn't actually a thing. The EU has been pushing to maintain human rights if anything. Hungary is literally aiming for a dictatorship and has been deteriorating even more over the last few years. This is a matter of fact.

The EU want one president who can over rule a countries veto

Help!!!! wrote: »

The current various presidents have no such power. The EU has made no move that is comparable to that of Hungary or Poland, they don't even have the power to do so. You can make outlandish claims on what they want but that's veering into the turf of conspiracies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Help!!!! wrote: »

That's the sale boche for ya - couldn't do it with Panzers so they're going to try do it with paperwork

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 39 monnies

eh hello the war in syria is over,
    lets be the next sweeden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

123shooter wrote: »
    No they have supposed to have threatened a law suit...........which mean they are going to sue us after we kindly took them in and gave them sanctuary.

Not sure about their finances but I should imagine? that they aint got any cash which means that they may possibly be using ours to get what they want which I dont think is a halel burger but more like filthy lucre........so they could be using our dosh to sue us for more dosh. In any way it will most likely cost 'us'!

They have threatened a law suit!
    To Sue us
    After we kindly gave them sanctuary.

You remind me of the stereotypical red-neck from those American comedy sketches who has about 3 teeth in his head and walks around with a big called sue talking about them vs us.

Be assured You have done nothing.
    And before you pipe in with your "taxes" you can offset funding we get from the EU.

Maybe read between the lines, this was never about suing or obtaining money this was just about getting moved, they do not want to be in a hotel or temporary accommodation. Someone somewhere has probably given them some legal advice to loop holes into securing a more fixed accommodation.

I get that you do not give a sh1t about them, I get you would send them back in the next boat given half a chance.
    But I harbor no ill feeling to anyone who has had to lived through a war been bounced around Europe and are now taken measures to get the best deal with regards accommodation they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

To Sue us

You remind me of the stereotypical red-neck from those American comedy sketches who has about 3 teeth in his head and walks around with a big called sue talking about them vs us.

Be assured You have done nothing.
    And before you pipe in with your "taxes" you can offset funding we get from the EU.

Maybe read between the lines, this was never about suing or obtaining money this was just about getting moved, they do not want to be in a hotel or temporary accommodation. Someone somewhere has probably given them some legal advice to loop holes into securing a more fixed accommodation.

I get that you do not give a sh1t about them, I get you would send them back in the next boat given half a chance.
    But I harbor no ill feeling to anyone who has had to lived through a war been bounced around Europe and are now taken measures to get the best deal with regards accommodation they can.

You're pissed again haha!!!!
    BUT.... Youre right,this is a scam... ballaghdreen refugees are scamming us to jump the housing list...sipmle as...but someone told them this is how it works.
    They really should be glad of safety after everything theyve been through but no they are taking advantage of our generosity and looking for more.
    Irish people who do this are "dole scammers" and all the other crap they're called....this group of scam artists should be subjected to the same scrutiny.

In fairness to the ballaghdreen refugees I read only 85 of 200 odd signed the petition to sue over food.
    Not the majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭123shooter

To Sue us

Wow I think I'm in love xx:):)

I have just been on Jeremy Kyle as well.

Wow I think I'm in love xx:):)

I have just been on Jeremy Kyle as well.

The Christmas special?

• Advertisement

You're pissed again haha!!!!
    BUT.... Youre right,this is a scam... ballaghdreen refugees are scamming us to jump the housing list...sipmle as...but someone told them this is how it works.
    They really should be glad of safety after everything theyve been through but no they are taking advantage of our generosity and looking for more.
    Irish people who do this are "dole scammers" and all the other crap they're called....this group of scam artists should be subjected to the same scrutiny.

In fairness to the ballaghdreen refugees I read only 85 of 200 odd signed the petition to sue over food.
    Not the majority.

Well not really a dole scammer that I would of thought is someone working and claiming the dole.
    There was TV show about it.
    Family are in a house council house or housing whatever.....

House is damp kids are sick, they cannot move them so they are advised to get evicted as only then will the council re-home them.....

But meanwhile, starbucks and Amzon pay 1% tax....

There are situations where people are stuck.
    When a corporation decides to move something off shore to avoid paying tax it is seen as good business move.
    Someone makes moves to get them pushed up the housing ladder they are seen as scroungers or benefit cheats....

There seems to be an attitude that because they are not from here they should just be grateful for what they get. Perhaps some of them are.
    But being refugee or being from down the road should not matter. You could be a chancer either way or equally you could be someone who has worked hard their entire life and is not looking for a handout just looking for a chance to better their situation.

The same EU that's attempting governance without peoples consent,the same EU who if you don't give the right answer they want...well we know how that goes,they will do literally anything to avoid the peoples will

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

They should be cleared out of the country, and we should look after our own first.. last i checked Ireland didn't drop any bombs on Syria let the brits,Russia and us clear up there own problems...our own people are dying of the cold and we are falling over ourselves to help the Syrians to keep up appearances, theirs too many soft touches in this country and it will be our downfall... and not just Syrians either refugees in general, charity starts at home!

i highly doubt if the shoe was on the other foot the Syrians would be bothered about our complains about food.

The same EU that's attempting governance without peoples consent,the same EU who if you don't give the right answer they want...well we know how that goes,they will do literally anything to avoid the peoples will

This is very true and even worse still it appears to the people that a few Untouchables make all the rules...........some countries or/and their people object.......the Untouchables just say do as your told or else.

Whatever you say that aint good.

This is very true and even worse still it appears to the people that a few Untouchables make all the rules...........some countries or/and their people object.......the Untouchables just say do as your told or else.

Whatever you say that aint good.

It's a complete s**tshow,how Europeans aren't up in arms over this I'll never know...what's laughable is they try make out they are the gold standard of democracy

It's a complete s**tshow,how Europeans aren't up in arms over this I'll never know...what's laughable is they try make out they are the gold standard of democracy

So you prefer the politics of Poland and Hungary?

So you prefer the politics of Poland and Hungary?

Politics the world over is a shambles, its all a game of money and politicians pretending they give a **** long enough to make it.

Cupatae wrote: »
    They should be cleared out of the country, and we should look after our own first.. last i checked Ireland didn't drop any bombs on Syria let the brits,Russia and us clear up there own problems...our own people are dying of the cold and we are falling over ourselves to help the Syrians to keep up appearances, theirs too many soft touches in this country and it will be our downfall... and not just Syrians either refugees in general, charity starts at home!

i highly doubt if the shoe was on the other foot the Syrians would be bothered about our complains about food.

Maybe all the American corporations should clear out too head back to the USA (Something Trump is actually trying to do now).
    Same for all the British Corporations.
    Maybe the EU and Britain should completely f##k us on the brexit deal also...

Maybe everyone should just look after themselves!

Politics the world over is a shambles, its all a game of money and politicians pretending they give a **** long enough to make it.

I can agree with that, but I would not be using far right political regimes as the poster campaign of what Ireland should be doing!

The Lisbon Treaty had legal matters clarified on our behalf so second time round in relation to defence and some other matters. So we were technically voting on a different premise in that sense. Secondly, 40% of the population struggled to understand it due to legal speak basically and failure of government at time to provide information. Second time round, it passed comfortably.

Still not remotely comparable to either Poland or Hungary. Both of which are veering in the direction of being actual dictatorships. Hungary may be already tbh.

• Advertisement

Maybe all the American corporations should clear out too head back to the USA (Something Trump is actually trying to do now).

Well at least you would know where you are.

Britain isnt trying to do anything to Ireland, they just want to be in control of themselves. Exactly the same as Ireland in 1916.

Britain isnt trying to do anything to Ireland but the EU is using Ireland to get what it wants.

The Lisbon Treaty had legal matters clarified on our behalf so second time round in relation to defence and some other matters. So we were technically voting on a different premise in that sense. Secondly, 40% of the population struggled to understand it due to legal speak basically and failure of government at time to provide information. Second time round, it passed comfortably.

Still not remotely comparable to either Poland or Hungary. Both of which are veering in the direction of being actual dictatorships. Hungary may be already tbh.

Let's face it they were never going to take no for answer "there can be no democratic choice on the EU treaties" - Juncker

And what did they do?...made it even less understandable the second time around

Oh yeah and "vote yes for jobs!!"

https://euobserver.com/institutional/25052

Well at least you would know where you are.

Britain isnt trying to do anything to Ireland, they just want to be in control of themselves. Exactly the same as Ireland in 1916.

Britain isnt trying to do anything to Ireland but the EU is using Ireland to get what it wants.

Where do you think Ireland would be?

Ya id be cool with that, Apple ect can pays up that billions they owe us,See how trump is trying to look after his own?

Regardless what has that got to do with us looking after our own first? i dont think a spiteful nonsensical act like that would ever happen anyway.

Where do you think Ireland would be?

It doesnt make any difference because it is the EU doing this to Ireland not Britain.

Example the border issue..........Just say the rest of Britain say ok Northern Ireland you are now independant or you can join the Republic as we want no more to do with you............but you can still trade with us as normal as can the Republic.

Well then everybody is happy except the EU who would say no........in which case the problems the Republic have will still be exactly the same and their leader is a prat for the garbage he comes out with now.

Anyway you wouldnt have refugees or migrants.......imposed .......on you if it wasnt for the EU.

The next thing will be the EU army/navey/airforce here.

Ya id be cool with that, Apple ect can pays up that billions they owe us,See how trump is trying to look after his own?

Regardless what has that got to do with us looking after our own first? i dont think a spiteful nonsensical act like that would ever happen anyway.

Do we not look after I own first?
    What are you suggesting?

Until everyone in Ireland has a home we should not accept refugees?

What about jobs? No foreigners should get jobs until every Irish person is employed first?

I keep needing to go back to this we have take in around 1500. We are also getting EU money for taking them in.

What about jobs? No foreigners should get jobs until every Irish person is employed first?

This policy is actually used regards immigration in a number of countries in different ways like before a vacant position is filled by an immigrant it has to be advertised in the home country first and only when there are no suitable or any applicants an immigrant can fill the position.

So it isnt as way out as you think.

Do we not look after I own first?
    What are you suggesting?

Until everyone in Ireland has a home we should not accept refugees?

I keep needing to go back to this we have take in around 1500. We are also getting EU money for taking them in.

When we have our own country well in hand take em in, but if we cant even take Irish off the streets where are we going bringing in 1500 more Syrians to give em a home? send em aid by all means but leave em where they are or to countries better equipped to deal with it.

Why dont the mighty Britain and USA take em all in ? they destabilized the region after all.

It doesnt make any difference because it is the EU doing this to Ireland not Britain.

Example the border issue..........Just say the rest of Britain say ok Northern Ireland you are now independant or you can join the Republic as we want no more to do with you............but you can still trade with us as normal as can the Republic.

Well then everybody is happy except the EU who would say no........in which case the problems the Republic have will still be exactly the same and their leader is a prat for the garbage he comes out with now.

Anyway you wouldnt have refugees or migrants.......imposed .......on you if it wasnt for the EU.

The next thing will be the EU army/navey/airforce here.

Do you know anything about the politics in N Ireland?
    The main political party in N Ireland literally want nothing to do with the Rep of Ireland. If they thought they could they would build a wall separating the two.

The DUP have the Tory government over a barrel.
    The Tories could not give 2 f##ks about N Ireland the deal was almost done only that it was leaked the Arlene Foster came out all gunz blazing saying it could not be a deal N Ireland would support.

Tory's don't want a boarder or a customs union between N Ireland and the Rep. The easiest option would to treat Ireland as a special case, but the DUP would see that one step towards a United Ireland and they certainly do not want that or anything that looks faintly like it.

If anything the EU came out and said a bad deal for the Republic of Ireland is a bad deal for Europe. Yes they might be sticking it to Britain on this, but it is better that than Britain and N Ireland sticking it to the Rep which they would if they thought the EU would sit back and let it happen.

• Advertisement

No you are not. You are getting back some of what you have paid in. So in reality you are getting sod all.

And the amount you pay in will rise substantially when the UK leaves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement