Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syrian refugees threaten lawsuit over food at Ballagh centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

pitifulgod wrote: »
    The current various presidents have no such power. The EU has made no move that is comparable to that of Hungary or Poland, they don't even have the power to do so. You can make outlandish claims on what they want but that's veering into the turf of conspiracies.

Maybe read more news

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/853574/Fury-at-Juncker-plot-to-merge-major-EU-roles

So you prefer the politics of Poland and Hungary?

The politics that the people of both countries want
    If Leo actually listened to the people here in Ireland he would find the majority would want less migrants & more looking after whats here first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

123shooter wrote: »
    Your wasting your time him and the other will accuse others of everything and anything and then talk off in other directions to muddy the waters.

Just a few posts back I asked a straight question about Syrians and terrorist acts and he replies yes..........than says and so have Irish people (nothing to do with the question or topic).

Then his pal comes in and says we should ban Irish people because they are involved in terrorism. (again nothing to do with the topic).

It's all just a game to muddy everything up and distract from the original point of the topic of............a group of people who may abuse our hospitality and take legal action with possibly our dosh for gain over their grub.

Even on the topic you fail to understand what this was about the legal action was an attempt to get moved. Not about getting "dosh".
    They wanted out of the hotel and into a fixed accommodation.

But I am wasting my time on someone who really does not gave a clue!

Maybe all the American corporations should clear out too head back to the USA (Something Trump is actually trying to do now).
    Same for all the British Corporations.
    Maybe the EU and Britain should completely f##k us on the brexit deal also...

Maybe everyone should just look after themselves!

The EU are going to F##k us at some stage so might as well get in first;)

What about the 30,000 Ireland people that immigrated out of Ireland last year?

And I agree, Britain and the US should be doing more to clean up this mess.

30,000 that had to leave. Most dont want to leave & of those that are gone most would like to return but cant because FG/FF f##ked us over the banks that our grandchildren will still be paying off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭123shooter

Even on the topic you fail to understand what this was about the legal action was an attempt to get moved. Not about getting "dosh".

I mentioned way back you need new glasses from Specsavers.

I said possibly using our dosh.............not for dosh.

I said for possible gain...............which could be anything from a house or compo.

It is reported that their complaint is about the grub .....in the hotel.

No Syrian refugee has perpetrated a terrorist attack in Europe or elsewhere. Plenty of refugees are well educated btw...

Well thats a load of BS. There have been multiple rapes by so called Syrian refugees across Europe + the odd terror attack & terror cell caught by various police

Selective? You are creating essentially a staw-man argument and using terror attacks is the reason not to let people into the country.

But when you look at the terror attacks that the OP mentions Manchester and Paris.
    The Manchester bomber was born in the UK and the majority of the Paris attackers where born in Paris and Belgium.

So what is the argument now?
    If someone coverts to Islam kick them out also?

You cannot have it both ways!

How about the multiple rapes committed everyday by refugees & migrant across Europe. Not just to men or women but children & elderly as well not to mention the many crimes they get involved in like kicking the owners of a shop out so they could take over & carry on with business

Grand job, other countries should put in a ban on Irish people. Because plenty of Irish people have also been involved in terrorism.

Have, yes quite a while ago now
    Islamic attacks are ongoing you only need to see the security at the many Christmas markets across Europe to see politicians are scared

Help!!!! wrote: »
    The politics that the people of both countries want
    If Leo actually listened to the people here in Ireland he would find the majority would want less migrants & more looking after whats here first

When you have people out stirring up hatred and pointing the finger at groups, what the people want does not always work out.

When you look at the rise of the Nazi party in Germany, Germany after WW1 was in a depression hyper inflation the country was a mess, in came a party that started pointing the finger at a group of people, these people are the reason you do not have a job, these people are the reason for x y and z an incredible propaganda campaign was underway fast forward a few years an entire country thought it a good idea to exterminate 6 million people!

There is a balance too this, you do not listen to the people you also end up in a situation for revolution.

There seems to be this attempt to conflate everything down to the same thing.

Refugees are not the reason we have a homelessness problem. Greedy landlords and no council housing in the last 20 years has more to do with it.

• Advertisement

When you have people out stirring up hatred and pointing the finger at groups, what the people want does not always work out.

When you look at the rise of the Nazi party in Germany, Germany after WW1 was in a depression hyper inflation the country was a mess, in came a party that started pointing the finger at a group of people, these people are the reason you do not have a job, these people are the reason for x y and z an incredible propaganda campaign was underway fast forward a few years an entire country thought it a good idea to exterminate 6 million people!

There is a balance too this, you do not listen to the people you also end up in a situation for revolution.

Refugees are not the reason we have a homelessness problem. Greedy landlords and no council housing in the last 20 years has more to do with it.

Here we go again ...........we are on the Nazi's now.

I mentioned way back you need new glasses from Specsavers.

I said possibly using our dosh.............not for dosh.

I said for possible gain...............which could be anything from a house or compo.

It is reported that their complaint is about the grub .....in the hotel.

Possibly???

You keep making yourself look ignorant, if you want to comment on it maybe try and understand it first.

Coming back and saying "Possibly" and "Possible gain" could mean anything.
    It also means nothing, why even waste your time with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Who pays the "dosh" for the new house? Who pays the "dosh" for their dole? Who pays the "dosh" for their medical expenses? They are "refugees" rather than immigrants, the very name suggests they are seeking refuge, not looking to set up life in whatever rich European country they land in and once Syria is no longer a warzone, they should be repatriated. There should be no "fixed accommodation".

How about the multiple rapes committed everyday by refugees & migrant across Europe. Not just to men or women but children & elderly as well not to mention the many crimes they get involved in like kicking the owners of a shop out so they could take over & carry on with business

So now we are onto Rape?

Anything else? I do not want to be seen to be dragging this off topic...

No migrants or refugees = more houses & more jobs. Less strain on HSE, less strain on benefits
    Also when you see the people are coming from areas where Islam prevails & is known to take over countries by force then you have to understand peoples concern
    There will be a revolution here because people are seeing that the government doesn't care about the working class
    I agree with the last bit that it has added to the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

So now we are onto Rape?

one post after trying to bring up Nazi Germany :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So now we are onto Rape?

Ah sure lets forget rape & let them all in, will be grand

Well to solve the issue
    The government offers money for refugees to return home
    €30,000 per single person
    €45,000 per family
    + one way ticket to Syria on understanding theres no coming back

Do we think we would have any refugees left?

Who pays the "dosh" for the new house? Who pays the "dosh" for their dole? Who pays the "dosh" for their medical expenses? They are "refugees" rather than immigrants, the very name suggests they are seeking refuge, not looking to set up life in whatever rich European country they land in and once Syria is no longer a warzone, they should be repatriated. There should be no "fixed accommodation".

We do get funding from the EU for this so we do not pay for it all.
    If we do not take them in we do not get the funding.

If you do not like being part of an EU state and abiding by international laws may I suggest you go somewhere else that is more inline with your thinking?

Here we go again ...........we are on the Nazi's now.

We where on the Nazi's from the point Poland and Hungary was brought into the mix.

• Advertisement

If you do not like being part of an EU state and abiding by international laws may I suggest you go somewhere else that is more inline with your thinking?

We suggest the minority, like yourself, should take your advise & leave the people wanting Ireland to remain for the Irish at peace

So now we are onto Rape?

:D:D:D:D:D:D Priceless !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Well to solve the issue
    The government offers money for refugees to return home
    €30,000 per single person
    €45,000 per family
    + one way ticket to Syria on understanding theres no coming back

Do we think we would have any refugees left?
    They tried that in France, and huge numbers of Roma travelled there so that they would be paid to leave.
    It would end up costing the government an arm and a leg.

We where on the Nazi's from the point Poland and Hungary was brought into the mix.

Why do you suggest 2 countries have anything to do with Nazis. Especially Poland that fought against the Nazi's & if you called a Polish person a Nazi to their face you would probably end up in hospital
    Just because people want to keep their country & culture doesn't make them racist or nazi's

If you pay into the EU (and will in a much greater amount soon)....then you are paying for it.

So native people should leave but ungrateful asylum seekers should stay?

Maybe have a Irexit;)

They tried that in France, and huge numbers of Roma travelled there so that they would be paid to leave.
    It would end up costing the government an arm and a leg.

Would be easier here. Shut the borders to migrants & refugees & pay off the ones that are here to leave. Would clear the country out within a few weeks. Housing crisis sorted, HSE on the way to being fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

Isis have been defeated, the war is over they should go back. Also they stopped being in danger when they arrived in first country after Syria.If they were fleeing why didn't they claim asylum in first country they stopped in? We are a laughing stock and a soft touch.

one post after trying to bring up Nazi Germany :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You want to bring in Poland and Hungary with alt right views and suggest them as good candidates.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/05/how-hungary-became-a-haven-for-the-alt-right/527178/

But again this is my fault!

You use Hungary as an example but I am dragging it off topic when I point out how Hungary is a very bad example...... :rolleyes:

If you pay into the EU (and will in a much greater amount soon)....then you are paying for it.

Ireland will pay into EU regardless, you said this before, you are just being stupid.

So native people should leave but ungrateful asylum seekers should stay?

Maybe have a Irexit;)
    You do not appear to like the rules and laws that govern this country.
    If you want Irexit you can open another thread.

• Advertisement

Ireland will pay into EU regardless, you said this before, you are just being stupid.

You do not appear to like the rules and laws that govern this country.
    If you want Irexit you can open another thread.

I see I am stupid again and I should now f**k off. :rolleyes:

I can't open a political thread because Paddy banned me. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement