Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syrian refugees threaten lawsuit over food at Ballagh centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭123shooter

Do you know anything about the politics in N Ireland?
    The main political party in N Ireland literally want nothing to do with the Rep of Ireland. If they thought they could they would build a wall separating the two.

The DUP have the Tory government over a barrel.
    The Tories could not give 2 f##ks about N Ireland the deal was almost done only that it was leaked the Arlene Foster came out all gunz blazing saying it could not be a deal N Ireland would support.

Tory's don't want a boarder or a customs union between N Ireland and the Rep. The easiest option would to treat Ireland as a special case, but the DUP would see that one step towards a United Ireland and they certainly do not want that or anything that looks faintly like it.

If anything the EU came out and said a bad deal for the Republic of Ireland is a bad deal for Europe. Yes they might be sticking it to Britain on this, but it is better that than Britain and N Ireland sticking it to the Rep which they would if they thought the EU would sit back and let it happen.

You missed my point.

I said if NI was dumped from the UK tomorrow the Republics problems would still not have changed as you need to be able to trade with the UK which to the UK is no problem or with Ireland but the EU wouldnt allow this so it is them imposing their rules on the Republic.

Just sit down and think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

Cupatae wrote: »
    When we have our own country well in hand take em in, but if we cant even take Irish off the streets where are we going bringing in 1500 more Syrians to give em a home? send em aid by all means but leave em where they are or to countries better equipped to deal with it.

Why dont the mighty Britain and USA take em all in ? they destabilized the region after all.

What about the 30,000 Ireland people that immigrated out of Ireland last year?

And I agree, Britain and the US should be doing more to clean up this mess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

What about the 30,000 Ireland people that immigrated out of Ireland last year?

And I agree, Britain and the US should be doing more to clean up this mess.

Bit of a difference now between immigration and refugees again ur blurring the lines into the bargain alot of irish immigrants are well educated or skilled.

How many of the 30000 went to syria and are being well looked after by the state over there???

123shooter wrote: »
    You missed my point.

I said if NI was dumped from the UK tomorrow the Republics problems would still not have changed as you need to be able to trade with the UK which to the UK is no problem with Ireland but the EU wouldnt allow this so it is them imposing their rules on the Republic.

Just sit down and think about it.

I suggest you think about it and understand why countries have trade agreements in the first place.

Maybe you don't give a sh1t that some 8 year old in a sweat shop made your shoes but others might.
    Maybe you could not give a sh1t if the meat you are eating came from a country that is pumping their cattle full of chemicals that are toxic.

But it is a moot point, if you knew anything about this you would know the plan is for the UK to mirror the same standards from the EU, if everyone is happy that after brexit the standards are the same then it will not pose too much restrictions on trade!

I suggest you think about it and understand why countries have trade agreements in the first place.

Maybe you don't give a sh1t that some 8 year old in a sweat shop made your shoes but others might.
    Maybe you could not give a sh1t if the meat you are eating came from a country that is pumping their cattle full of chemicals that are toxic.

But it is a moot point, if you knew anything about this you would know the plan is for the UK to mirror the same standards from the EU, if everyone is happy that after brexit the standards are the same then it will not pose too much restrictions on trade!

Jeez your world is a real strange place. I dont know how to have a conversation with you and it cant be me because the others here are having the same problem.

I'm off to bed.............perhaps you should do the same?

• Advertisement

Bit of a difference now between immigration and refugees again ur blurring the lines into the bargain alot of irish immigrants are well educated or skilled.

How many of the 30000 went to syria and are being well looked after by the state over there???

You think all the Syrians they have been displaced are uneducated?
    I suppose a lot of them are children so maybe over the last 6 years they really have not had much of a chance at an education.

How many Irish do you reckon are on the dole in the UK?
    More than 1500?

Not blurring the lines, just trying to understand where your "take care of our own first" line starts and stops.

You think all the Syrians they have been displaced are uneducated?
    I suppose a lot of them are children so maybe over the last 6 years they really have not had much of a chance at an education.

How many Irish do you reckon are on the dole in the UK?
    More than 1500?

Not blurring the lines, just trying to understand where your "take care of our own first" line starts and stops.

What makes you think they are well, educated? as a matter of fact what do we know about em at all? what if a few of the wrong ones get in and we end up with massacres like other eu countries then? where does your soft touch save the world, think of the children policy start and stop?

At the end of the day that 8 year old is still gonna be in that sweat shop making those shoes you cant save everyone, and if given the choice between helping our own or helping them id help our own first and foremost.

What makes you think they are well, educated? as a matter of fact what do we know about em at all? what if a few of the wrong ones get in and we end up with massacres like other eu countries then? where does your soft touch save the world, think of the children policy start and stop?

At the end of the day that 8 year old is still gonna be in that sweat shop making those shoes you cant save everyone, and if given the choice between helping our own or helping them id help our own first and foremost.

18 million people lived in Syria, it has/d cities, university, hospitals...
    You think if you needed an operation you just headed down to the local witch doctor?

I think you forget our own history the British would of looked at the Irish with the same skepticism, what if they where a terrorist!!!!

I just consider this scaremongering, as someone already said, if they are not stealing out jobs then they are criminals, if they are not criminals they are terrorists if they are not terrorists they are spreading disease.

Just seems that people want it to fit a narrative.
    In terms of Terrorist attacks in the EU how many where carried out by Syrians?

You think if you needed an operation you just headed down to the local witch doctor?

I think you forget our own history the British would of looked at the Irish with the same skepticism, what if they where a terrorist!!!!

I just consider this scaremongering, as someone already said, if they are not stealing out jobs then they are criminals, if they are not criminals they are terrorists if they are not terrorists they are spreading disease.

Or better still refugees?

Was the Manchester massacre scaremongering? What about the Paris massacres ? how many were carried out by not Syrians but refugees or supposed "refugees"?! its not scaremongering when its a legitimate threat, i think no disrespect intended but you live in fantasy world where everyone gets saved and helped, but its not realistic...

All day long id rather see an Irish person in Ireland helped first over a refugee in Ireland, you clearly forgotten your own history! because i dont remember too many of the countries the refugees are coming from giving a **** about Ireland when we were down. Your a soft touch tbh by the sounds of ya ud take the shirt of an irish persons back to keep them warm! But your view looks good to everyone and is the politically correct thing to do!

Bit too much of that going on in this country these days a serious lack of backbone and ability to stand up and say no to things, more concerned with keeping up appearances !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

No Syrian refugee has perpetrated a terrorist attack in Europe or elsewhere. Plenty of refugees are well educated btw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

pitifulgod wrote: »
    No Syrian refugee has perpetrated a terrorist attack in Europe or elsewhere. Plenty of refugees are well educated btw...

A lot of the Bataclan attackers had travelled to and from Syria.

"The Paris prosecutor's office said fingerprints from the dead attacker matched those of a person who came to Europe with migrants via the Greek island of Leros. The man may have been posing as a Syrian refugee.

Records from Leros suggested he arrived on 3 October and was fingerprinted and photographed. An official there remembers the man arriving, and told the BBC's Gabriel Gatehouse that something did not feel right about him - he kept himself to himself. He said he would have highlighted his concerns to an intelligence officer, had one been there.

Leros authorities say they simply do not have the resources to screen all the migrants effectively - or even check whether passports are genuine.

"The picture of the third suicide bomber at the Stade de France has been issued by French police. He has been named by the BBC as M al-Mahmod. He blew himself up in front of one of the entrances to the stadium, in rue Rimet.

He entered the Greek island of Leros on 3 October, travelling with Ahmad al-Mohammed.

French police have not yet named him, but the BBC's Ed Thomas matched the image released by the authorities with a photo on arrival papers at Leros.

Our correspondent says the two men bought ferry tickets to leave Leros to continue their journey through Europe with Syrian refugees."

Was the Manchester massacre scaremongering? What about the Paris massacres ? how many were carried out by not Syrians but refugees or supposed "refugees"?! its not scaremongering when its a legitimate threat, i think no disrespect intended but you live in fantasy world where everyone gets saved and helped, but its not realistic...

All day long id rather see an Irish person in Ireland helped first over a refugee in Ireland, you clearly forgotten your own history! because i dont remember too many of the countries the refugees are coming from giving a **** about Ireland when we were down. Your a soft touch tbh by the sounds of ya ud take the shirt of an irish persons back to keep them warm! But your view looks good to everyone and is the politically correct thing to do!

Bit too much of that going on in this country these days a serious lack of backbone and ability to stand up and say no to things, more concerned with keeping up appearances !

No "refugee" has carried out a terrorist attack I think since the 1980s.

Manchester suicide bomber was born in the UK.
    And the majority of the Paris attackers where French and Belgian citizens.
    It is scaremongering when you are not being honest with the facts.

Aren't you trying to be a bit selective there?

So they are migrants when they commit terrorist acts then?..........are you adopting the Lefty PC brigade description so they are no longer Islamic terrorists or Muslim terrorists, they are now only terrorists?

Besides Isis and others used to openly boast about they they had sent their scummy people to Europe to attack various countries.

Aren't you trying to be a bit selective there?

So they are migrants when they commit terrorist acts then?..........are you adopting the Lefty PC brigade description so they are no longer Islamic terrorists or Muslim terrorists, they are now only terrorists?

Besides Isis and others used to openly boast about they they had sent their scummy people to Europe to attack various countries.

Selective? You are creating essentially a staw-man argument and using terror attacks is the reason not to let people into the country.

But when you look at the terror attacks that the OP mentions Manchester and Paris.
    The Manchester bomber was born in the UK and the majority of the Paris attackers where born in Paris and Belgium.

So what is the argument now?
    If someone coverts to Islam kick them out also?

You cannot have it both ways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

You ever think that those born there might be radicalised by the new entrants??

I think the UK and US governments are probably doing a much better job at radicalising than any refugee could!

Beside if you look at the stats of British people who have been radicalised most of them have been radicalised online.

The terrorist threat is a whole other can of worms!
    But I often see it getting conflated.
    Refugee = Terrorist
    Or this at least the the picture you are trying to paint!

Selective? You are creating essentially a staw-man argument and using terror attacks is the reason not to let people into the country.

But when you look at the terror attacks that the OP mentions Manchester and Paris.
    The Manchester bomber was born in the UK and the majority of the Paris attackers where born in Paris and Belgium.

You cannot have it both ways!

When anybody ever raises a point you deliberately try and turn what they have said into something else and you do this with every reply post.

I can only assume it is an attempt to try and muddy the waters so you think nobody can see but people arent that stupid.
    You are creating essentially a staw-man argument and using terror attacks is the reason not to let people into the country.
    No I am not but that is a very valid reason not to let some in.

If that is true does that mean no Syrian or persons from there has not been involved, carried out, or arrested for terrorism in the EU or USA?

I havent mentioned about people converting to Islam...........I said the Lefty PC brigade will not identify any terrorist act as being carried out by an Islamic or Muslim terrorist only a terrorist.

Just more mud and fog but nobody is that stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

I think the UK and US governments are probably doing a much better job at radicalising than any refugee could!

Beside if you look at the stats of British people who have been radicalised most of them have been radicalised online.

The terrorist threat is a whole other can of worms!
    But I often see it getting conflated.
    Refugee = Terrorist
    Or this at least the the picture you are trying to paint!

Once again you are desperately trying to reframe posts to suit your agenda.

For the fourth time .. please stop with "what you are saying is......

When anybody ever raises a point you deliberately try and turn what they have said into something else and you do this with every reply post.

I can only assume it is an attempt to try and muddy the waters so you think nobody can see but people arent that stupid.

No I am not but that is a very valid reason not to let some in.

If that is true does that mean no Syrian or persons from there has not been involved, carried out, or arrested for terrorism in the EU or USA?

I havent mentioned about people converting to Islam...........I said the Lefty PC brigade will not identify any terrorist act as being carried out by an Islamic or Muslim terrorist only a terrorist.

Just more mud and fog but nobody is that stupid.

You are hilarious, you talk about twisting and turning and muddying the waters.

You come across as someone that knows nothing, you listen to the propaganda. Yeah they are terrorists, yeah they have disease.....

I point out there most are born local you then jump to "ah but that does that mean no Syrian or persons from there has not been involved"

Statements like this make you sound stupid!

• Advertisement

Once again you are desperately trying to reframe posts to suit your agenda.

For the fourth time .. please stop with "what you are saying is......

Re-frame?
    You are trying to make an argument with no facts.

When someone educates you in the facts you jump from "well they might not of been refugees but maybe refugees radicalised them"

Good argument!

You are hilarious,
    Thank you I try my best.
    You come across as someone that knows nothing,
    Duh!
    you listen to the propaganda.
    I listen to all sorts of music.
    Yeah they are terrorists, yeah they have disease.....

Never said this and have no knowlage and not medically qualified.
    I point out there most are born local you then jump to "ah but that does that mean no Syrian or persons from there has not been involved"

True but I was asking a question because you said they were homegrown and I pointed out that Isis said they would flood the West with their men. So I asked does that mean that no one from Syria has ever been involved in terrorism and you still havent answered my question.
    Statements like this make you sounds stupid!

So now any body who disagrees with you or raises valid points is just sounding stupid. Well earlier I was almost racist so to be racist and stupid is an improvement?

True but I was asking a question because you said they were homegrown and I pointed out that Isis said they would flood the West with their men. So I asked does that mean that no one from Syria has ever been involved in terrorism and you still havent answered my question.

We can not make decisions base in fear or hyperbole.
    You seem to want to jump between refugee and Syrian when it suits you.

Have Syrians been involved in terrorist attacks... Yes.. But then so have the Irish....

What we know is no refugee thus far to our knowledge has been involved in a terrorist attack.

So using the terrorist argument against allowing refugee does not stand up to any kind of scrutiny.

We can not make decisions base in fear or hyperbole.
    You seem to want to jump between refugee and Syrian when it suits you.

Have Syrians been involved in terrorist attacks... Yes.. But then so have the Irish....

What we know is no refugee thus far to our knowledge has been involved in a terrorist attack.

So using the terrorist argument against allowing refugee does not stand up to any kind of scrutiny.

Ok in this thread wildly off topic in different directions mainly down to you..........we have established that there are migrants and refugees coming to the EU and Ireland.

The difference between a refugee and migrant in this case is so muddy because of the 'let em all in' policy. So your refugees if genuine have got tarred with the same migrant brush.

Now your refugee's have said they may take legal action regards their grub..........this really isnt the act of a genuine refugee is it who would just be glad of any help.........it is more the act of a chancer, an oppertunist, and a migrant.

So you really cant blame people for thinking as they do and questioning the whole lot. Together with the disasterous immigration policy of a clown which has caused nothing but problems for EU countries with rapes and murders and terrorist acts.

So the problem is whether your refugees are genuine or something else and we are asking questions.

Your replies are..........no they are all whiter than white and can no harm or any wrong ......... immigration is great and works everywhere and anybody who raises any concerns is racist, stupid and does not know what they are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Grand job, other countries should put in a ban on Irish people. Because plenty of Irish people have also been involved in terrorism.

pitifulgod wrote: »
    Grand job, other countries should put in a ban on Irish people. Because plenty of Irish people have also been involved in terrorism.

Nobody mentioned banning anybody except you just..........and on your point many Irish people were put under huge scrutiny because of being Irish when that stuff was going on.

Ok in this thread wildly off topic in different directions mainly down to you..........we have established that there are migrants and refugees coming to the EU and Ireland.

The difference between a refugee and migrant in this case is so muddy because of the 'let em all in' policy. So your refugees if genuine have got tarred with the same migrant brush.

Now your refugee's have said they may take legal action regards their grub..........this really isnt the act of a genuine refugee is it who would just be glad of any help.........it is more the act of a chancer, an oppertunist, and a migrant.

So you really cant blame people for thinking as they do and questioning the whole lot. Together with the disasterous immigration policy of a clown which has caused nothing but problems for EU countries with rapes and murders and terrorist acts.

So the problem is whether your refugees are genuine or something else and we are asking questions.

Your replies are..........no they are all whiter than white and can no harm or any wrong ......... immigration is great and works everywhere and anybody who raises any concerns is racist, stupid and does not know what they are talking about.

Down to me?
    You strike me as someone who is completely oblivious.
    The thread was about refugees suing around food.

Even in this one post you do the exact the thing you accuse me of and this is to take it off topic. You want to conflate terrorism with the Syrian refugee crisis and tie that back to refugees threatening to sue over food?

Refugees and food has turned into.

We should send them home.
    We should take care of our own.
    Look the the Manchester terrorist attack
    Look at the Paris terrorist attack
    Look at Sweden
    Look at Germany
    Let's break the Geneva convention
    Ireland should use it's veto
    Look at Ireland's homelessness problem
    They will bring in disease (HIV and TB) I think was the two mentioned....

I did not bring up a single topic above. I just attempted to demonstrate the ignorance use to legitimise the above concerns.
    I see a level of bigotry in this thread but no one (apart from one poster) wants to own instead they want to try to justify it. When questioned we find out there are no facts to most of their nonsense just rhetoric.
    Extreme examples are used in an attempt to equate it with the 4000 refugees that Ireland will take in.

But I am taking off topic!

Down to me?
    You strike me as someone who is completely oblivious.
    The thread was about refugees suing around food.

Even in this one post you do the exact the thing you accuse me of and this is to take it off topic. You want to conflate terrorism with the Syrian refugee crisis and tie that back to refugees threatening to sue over food?

Refugees and food has turned into.

We should send them home.
    We should take care of our own.
    Look the the Manchester terrorist attack
    Look at the Paris terrorist attack
    Look at Sweden
    Look at Germany
    Let's break the Geneva convention
    Ireland should use it's veto
    Look at Ireland's homelessness problem
    They will bring in disease (HIV and TB) I think was the two mentioned....

I did not bring up a single topic above. I just attempted to demonstrate the ignorance use to legitimise the above concerns.
    I see a level of bigotry in this thread but no one (apart from one poster) wants to own instead they want to try to justify it. When questioned we find out there are no facts to most of their nonsense just rhetoric.
    Extreme examples are used in an attempt to equate it with the 4000 refugees that Ireland will take in.

But I am taking off topic!

You spun the arguement off topic by mentioning all the other stuff like trade and Britain and the us should punish us and cut all ties screw us in brexit ect ect

Then u took the moral high ground above all the while accusing everyone else of having strawman arguements when they reply to ur off topic spins

Anyone can go back and check ur posts

You spun the arguement off topic by mentioning all the other stuff like trade and Britain and the us should punish us and cut all ties screw us in brexit ect ect

Then u took the moral high ground above all the while accusing everyone else of having strawman arguements when they reply to ur off topic spins

All the other stuff?
    I can tell I am dealing with a heavy weight armed with lots of information!

The fact I was talking about the EU was in direct response to the OP suggesting we should us the Veto and not let anymore in. Another poster even suggested we send them back.

So the conversation had already went from suing over food to kick them all out!

People are that ignorant they had to be reminded of the agreement Ireland has already made to the EU and sending them back is illegal as per the refugee act in line with the 1951 Geneva convention.

But you already knew this right?

• Advertisement

Your wasting your time him and the other will accuse others of everything and anything and then talk off in other directions to muddy the waters.

Just a few posts back I asked a straight question about Syrians and terrorist acts and he replies yes..........than says and so have Irish people (nothing to do with the question or topic).

Then his pal comes in and says we should ban Irish people because they are involved in terrorism. (again nothing to do with the topic).

It's all just a game to muddy everything up and distract from the original point of the topic of............a group of people who may abuse our hospitality and take legal action with possibly our dosh for gain over their grub.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement