Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Victoria Mary Clarke. Listening to Shane McGowan being interviewed by Miriam there now and inevitably VMC is sitting in on it dominating the interview. Could never warm to her with her incessant namedropping and that faux-upperclass English accent she speaks with despite coming from West Cork.

Jesus, she's turned the whole thing about herself as usual. Blathering on about angel therapy and spirit guides, what a painful woman.

Is she his carer?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Robert De Niro - overrated and always the same.

He's a great actor - at playing himself.

Ah there's a few under the radar performances in the last while too, Silver Linings Playbook and Everybody's Fine to name two off the top of my head.

I don't think Stardust would be the same typical role either!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Is she his carer?

Long term partner and I think they married a few years ago. I suppose she is his carer in a way. My main issue with her is anytime he's interviewed nowadays she's there too. He came across in the Miriam interview as pretty lucid and capable of speaking away for himself but she kept turning it into the Victoria Mary Clarke show squealing "that song was about me" and plugging her website about her ridiculous new age beliefs. There's something Yoko Ono-ish about the way she's written herself into the Pogues/McGowan story.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Barry McGuigan

Signed Joe Brolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Beyonce. Goes around as if she's a feckin God or something. Has the same fools that fawn over her religiously.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

English comedian Russell Tovey. His face greatly irritates me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Will.I.Am :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Craig Doyle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I want to blast Ryan Tubridy in the face.

EXTREMELY HARD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

Genghis Khan

Never liked him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,793 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

mikeysmith wrote: »
    Genghis Khan

Never liked him

He is your great great great (75 greats) grandfather.

He is your great great great (75 greats) grandfather.

I believe he had quite the sex drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I want to blast Ryan Tubridy in the face.

EXTREMELY HARD.

With piss I assume.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Craig Doyle

Nothing inexplicable about that.

With piss I assume.....

And a nuclear warhead. Filled with nuclear piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

With piss I assume.....

And a nuclear warhead. Filled with nuclear piss

You're to be admired sir - way to go the extra mile for a good cause!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Jon Voight creeped me out before Ray Donovan and twice as much now.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

colin farrell.

I literally need to look away when I see anything of him.
    he turns my stomach badly.
    don't know why, because I havn't been able to look at him for long enough to figure it out.

the beckhams.

each of them on their own, but the two of them together.
    I just can't...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

colin farrell.

I literally need to look away when I see anything of him.
    he turns my stomach badly.
    don't know why, because I havn't been able to look at him for long enough to figure it out.

He genuinely creeps me out-I can remember him being established on the scene and saying horrendous things about women that nobody called him out on.
    'I'd never seen a vagina until I got to LA' denouncing Irish women's grooming habits-so the irish beauty mags were like 'well, listen to Colin-here's how to wax your vagina'... And I was just sitting there thinking 'who the **** gives a damn what women are doing to their nether regions-it's their nether regions'. (These same harpies talking about 'listen to this man about your grooming' would also be the 'abortion s for all' types too-body autonomy until a this guy says otherwise).
    Then he proceeded to knock up a succession of women on his crap movies, then leave em.
    There were other times he was bragging about all the money he was making-how 'overpaid' he was. It was like...what the hell? Get lost you prat.

I still won't watch a movie he's in-he's stuck doing crap remakes too, that aren't a patch on the originals. (Even the Beguiled was made stupid-watch the original, it's a great Eastwood movie.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Robert De Niro - overrated and always the same.

He's a great actor - at playing himself.

Yeah, I've admired Pacino more, tbh. He came to Dublin about ten years ago, and he was genuinely intelligent, well spoken individual. Talked about the craft, about directing, acting, his philosophy in life. Etc
    A genuine Casanova too-any of the ladies he spoke to had serious vapours going on. (Lisa Cannon was interviewing him-she was flustered, to say the least).

He's less pompous in himself.

De Niro can be a massive tool when he does interviews. If you talk to him about craft, he can be okay...anything else, he's just a jerk.
    And him being all 'vaccines cause autism' now...it's ridiculously stupid.
    Err... Maybe cos he created family guy a popular show when he was involved

Yeah, one show that's overstayed its welcome for years. But he was always behind the scenes on that-doing voices. He's not an actor. Or a singer either.
    (The show actually got better the less involved he was-but then those people who made the show great left to do their own shows-Phineas and Ferb for example, it tanked. )

His other efforts have been pretty bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 FadaCraic

Vogue Williams - just can’t stand her

Oh and anyone who calls themselves a “influencer”

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jordoo

Jesse Lingaard

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Will Ferrell. He's not as funny as he thinks he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Gay Byrne

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭TheDavester

FadaCraic wrote: »
    Vogue Williams - just can’t stand her

Oh and anyone who calls themselves a “influencer”

The ‘influencers/bloggers’ get unbearable after they get a bit of traction and think their farts don’t stink

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Pope Francis. Big goofy head on him.

Your man Jake the presenter on the football on BT sports.

He gets on my wick very badly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

The entire panel on Sky News' The Pledge

Outraged by everything

It's like 'Afternoon Yak' off The Simpsons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    The entire panel on Sky News' The Pledge

Outraged by everything

It's like 'Afternoon Yak' off The Simpsons

OMG yes!!! That Afua one ????

Hates everyone. Except da wimmins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

He genuinely creeps me out-I can remember him being established on the scene and saying horrendous things about women that nobody called him out on.
    'I'd never seen a vagina until I got to LA' denouncing Irish women's grooming habits-so the irish beauty mags were like 'well, listen to Colin-here's how to wax your vagina'... And I was just sitting there thinking 'who the **** gives a damn what women are doing to their nether regions-it's their nether regions'. (These same harpies talking about 'listen to this man about your grooming' would also be the 'abortion s for all' types too-body autonomy until a this guy says otherwise).
    Then he proceeded to knock up a succession of women on his crap movies, then leave em.
    There were other times he was bragging about all the money he was making-how 'overpaid' he was. It was like...what the hell? Get lost you prat.

I still won't watch a movie he's in-he's stuck doing crap remakes too, that aren't a patch on the originals. (Even the Beguiled was made stupid-watch the original, it's a great Eastwood movie.)

that was even painful for me to read that many words about him.

True Detective, was on a massive high after McConaghey. found out that thing was coming in for the next one and that was that out the window..

Advertisement