Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

James Corden

He's big in the US right now but the Brits have always disliked him interestingly enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Hoboo wrote: »
    DAVID BOWIE

Another rapist/paedophile (whichever way you wish to paint it) that people continue to not just ignore, but to celebrate him.

Never heard that before. I'm not a Bowie fan in any case.

Is every famous celebrity/actor/musician etc some sort of sex offender these days (maybe it was always the case)?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

kg703 wrote: »
    Ed Sheeran. I hate his face. I hate his music. I hate the fact that he turns up everywhere e.g. weddings, to delight someone with his guitar. He drives me cracked. Up until say the last 2 years, this was a very unpopular opinion but I think he is starting to get more and more on peoples nerves now.

When he turned up on game of thrones I nearly screamed.

Just go away

Maisie Williams (Arya) is a big fan of his and I think that's how he ended up on the show. It was very out of place

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭storker

Donal Sheehan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Never heard that before. I'm not a Bowie fan in any case.

Is every famous celebrity/actor/musician etc some sort of sex offender these days (maybe it was always the case)?

Have a google. Banging 14 year olds when he was in his late 20's. If a priest did that in the 70's they'd get jail (and rightly so). Bowie on the other hand has festivals in his name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

danmanw8 wrote: »
    He's big in the US right now but the Brits have always disliked him interestingly enough

It's changing-the tides are turning against him.

The Peter Rabbit trailer, and the Ocean's 8 trailer led to screams of 'enough'!
    danmanw8 wrote: »
    Maisie Williams (Arya) is a big fan of his and I think that's how he ended up on the show. It was very out of place

Oh God...so the show has reached the stage where their egos are actually ruining it now. Damn.

I saw a movie and tv writer discussing how the worst note you'll get back from a producer/ director is 'protect the star'. It's a rule where a script is changed/ scenes re-shot so that the main star/ character (for something like a superhero movie, franchise like Bond etc) is not allowed look bad. The most famous recent example was the changed 'I AM LEGEND' ending-where Will Smith is not allowed be the villain (the realisation that 'he' was the monster). Similar happens on many of his projects-Men In Black 3 was held up due to rewrite demands.

Seems like there's a bit of 'protect the star' going on with Game of Thrones now-possibly due to certain 'groups' crying foul-despite even the creators disagreeing. Explains why the Stark girls were so boring in the last series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Rebel Wilson. I just don't get it. She's morbidly obese and talentless and crude and seems to be a total diva. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Bambi985 wrote: »
    Rebel Wilson. I just don't get it. She's morbidly obese and talentless and crude and seems to be a total diva. Why?

Because laughing at fat people is crude lowest denominator stuff and she is making money from it. Ditto melissa mccarthy. How are we supposed to know how great slim people are if we dont have an overeating, clumsy usually farting fattie to compare them too?

Because laughing at fat people is crude lowest denominator stuff and she is making money from it. Ditto melissa mccarthy. How are we supposed to know how great slim people are if we dont have an overeating, clumsy usually farting fattie to compare them too?

I don't get these too either. McCarthy is just this mental cow as well, which probably runs in her family (her cousin is Jenny).
    I thought the way she behaved towards Ghostbuster fans, and a guy whose only criticism of the Ghostbusters movie was 'I'm not gonna see it' was despicable.

The way she treats her husband in films too is really telling. He nearly always has a cameo, and always gets hit by her.

Wilson is just annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I know this harldly counts as inexplicable but it has to be said. I cannot stand this gobshyte. And I never found her that attractive either to boot.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDpAFBmHcMqdcqfhPqwIiZts_N08ZABLbVz4kNf7FCAAAKv-rF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

darkdubh wrote: »
    I know this harldly counts as inexplicable but it has to be said. I cannot stand this gobshyte. And I never found her that attractive either to boot.

She looks like a lollipop. Big massive head and tiny skinny body.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

SATSUMA wrote: »
    Kathryn Thomas

Except I can explain why, she's a pain in the rocks, moan moan moan, me me me, on every newspaper going and seriously, no one gives a ****e about your husbands and your life, she's all over the press week after week and for what?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Except I can explain why, she's a pain in the rocks, moan moan moan, me me me, on every newspaper going and seriously, no one gives a ****e about your husbands and your life, she's all over the press week after week and for what?

Not her husband, not yet anyways-but she hooked that fish by getting pregnant.

So even if he leaves her (like his last baby mama) she can still get child support.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Caitriona Perry . Two days on the Six One and already annoying me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Hillary Clinton. When she's making a speech and people start to cheer, she does this shrill robotic voice to be heard over the crowd. Exactly like a Dalek.

iamwhoiam wrote: »

She's got this major sulky face going on, Keelin is much friendlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Joe Lindsey on Getaways . What a absolute plonker

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Maura Derrane. I unfortunately stumbled upon the Today Show on RTE 1 this afternoon.....she comes across as incredibly smug and condescending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Hillary Clinton. When she's making a speech and people start to cheer, she does this shrill robotic voice to be heard over the crowd. Exactly like a Dalek.

That's not really inexplicable at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

razorblunt wrote: »
    There's nothing inexplicable about that, the guy is a sex offender, yet that never gets mentioned.
    He's despicable, I think, if he stays retired (he won't his ego will want another crack) there'll be a few stories come out about him on the professional side of things.

I am glad his wife took him to the cleaners in their divorce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Archeron

She flicks her hair and raises her eyebrow like a robot trying really hard to blend in . I think she has two autocues, one for what to read and one for robotic head flourishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Tubridy.................. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

John Creedon
    Comes across as a big smelly farmer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

smilerf wrote: »
    John Creedon

Now that really is an inexplicable choice. Seems like a lovely sort of chap, and his show is the best music show on the radio by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Who is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Cashmerewrap

Jennifer Maguire - she makes me come out in hives

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Who is that?

Glenda Gilson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

smilerf wrote: »
    John Creedon

Now this I can NOT agree with.
    John Creedon's a pure gentleman.

Jennifer Maguire - she makes me come out in hives

I won't try and defend this, but she's someone I've inexplicably grown to like. Not love, mind, but as a person, I respect how she did badly at her LC, and still made a go of things. When her boyfriend, now husband, decided he wanted to be an actor, leaving his accountancy firm to train, she stuck by him.
    She's also insecure, seriously insecure. I don't mind a scathing response, if I get one, it's justified.
    Joe Lindsey on Getaways . What a absolute plonker

I 'hate' that show-it's the festering haemorrhoid of shows, to my eyes. License fee money being used to send nobodies like Vogue on a free holiday. While they laugh at people who can't afford a beer at the weekend.
    F**k that show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭scotchy

I have never been able to understand how she made a living as a model.

:confused:

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Advertisement