Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. Can't stand that woman, she's milked him to further her own profile at every turn.

Yeah, I called her his 'wife', they've never married. My bad. It's a strange one, but the last person you'd expect to help him is Sinead O' Connor, and yet she did. Staged an intervention 16 years ago to get him to stop taking heroine. The guy must have more addictions than songs at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Shemale wrote: »
    It's says inexplicably

Cordon is a loudmouth who hoots laughing at his own "jokes", makes a joke about his weight and if someone chimes in with a weight joke he throws a complete strop.

you can lump Peter Kay in with that as well, he's a northern version

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 492 ✭✭Gerrup Outta Dat!

Gay Byrne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

+1

kerrylad1 wrote: »
    +1

Can't stand gaybo

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    you can lump Peter Kay in with that as well, he's a northern version

Still a nicer guy than Cordon. When KAy did the lip-sync video to the track 'Way to Amarillo', Ronnie Corbett fell while filming it. Well, Kay immediately went to check on Corbett, stopped filming etc. Corbett was grand, they looked at the footage after, and Corbett found it funny. They would have reshot that scene if Ronnie wanted to, without the fall, obvs.
    It's in the final video too.

Cordon, on the other hand...he 'rewrote' the song 'Shout', to make it the England world cup anthem one year. It was bloody awful.
    Couldn't even get a single English player to appear in it, outside of using 'stock' footage.
    That said a lot tbh, in that if Kay can get a ton of celebs to just turn up and have fun, Cordon must be known as a notorious pain.

And give Gaybo a break, he might not be around much long. (Cancer combined with his age).

Gay byrne,and Leo vardickor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Daithi whats his face, like a dose of salts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Rolf Harris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭scotchy

HonalD wrote: »
    Rolf Harris

You can't explain why you don't like Rolf Harris?

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

Saoirse Ronan. She's an awful quarehawk.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Shemale wrote: »
    Daithi whats his face, like a dose of salts

daithi o'shea? i think he looks like a character mike judge would draw.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Quazzie wrote: »
    Beyonce. Goes around as if she's a feckin God or something. Has the same fools that fawn over her religiously.

Louise O Neill thinks shes the greatest thing ever which says it all. Her second favourite singer appears to be Alanis Morrissette which says even more.

Louise O Neill thinks shes the greatest thing ever which says it all. Her second favourite singer appears to be Alanis Morrissette which says even more.

Oh God, Beyonce-the woman who went from 'independent women' to 'put a ring on it'... she's everything wrong with third/ fourth wave feminism.

Alanis Morrissette is the woman who is incredibly manufactured-was a Britney Spears from Canada, that didn't work out, so she became a manufactured 'emo' who doesn't understand 'Ironic'.

God, no wonder LON likes her.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Oh God, Beyonce-the woman who went from 'independent women' to 'put a ring on it'... she's everything wrong with third/ fourth wave feminism.

Alanis Morrissette is the woman who is incredibly manufactured-was a Britney Spears from Canada, that didn't work out, so she became a manufactured 'emo' who doesn't understand 'Ironic'.

God, no wonder LON likes her.

You're going to have explain how singer/SONGWRITER /PRODUCER alanis morissette is manufactured?
    In fact you're talking entirely through your hole, how the hell is morissette a Canadian Britney? And as for it not working out, a quick Google will tell you she has sold 60m albums of her own material.... And didn't she just sell out the marquee in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,308 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You're going to have explain how singer/SONGWRITER /PRODUCER alanis morissette is manufactured?
    In fact you're talking entirely through your hole, how the hell is morissette a Canadian Britney? And as for it not working out, a quick Google will tell you she has sold 60m albums of her own material.... And didn't she just sell out the marquee in Cork?

When they referred to "manufactured" and "didnt work out" they are referring to the 2 pop music albums she released in canada as a teenager. the first was reasonably successful, the second not so much. she doesnt mention them any more. She co-wrote all the tracks on the first (not sure about the second) so to call her the canadian britney is a little wide of the mark. Of course anybody who includes a reference to Ironic in a criticism clearly knows SFA about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jordoo

Kevin Bacon

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Phil Taylor the darts player.

an awful loser and even worse winner.

I admire people who hate to lose but going around being totalk ****, sticking up your finger at fans is just pathetic.

and his final game on Monday night after he was defeated he reacted like everyone knew he would, a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,308 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I admire people who hate to lose but going around being totalk ****, sticking up your finger at fans is just pathetic.

and his final game on Monday night after he was defeated he reacted like everyone knew he would, a dick.

i thought he behaved really well after the game was over. he wasnt bitter at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

There’s absolute nothing inexplicable about hating Phil Taylor. He’s a dreadful human being in general.

• Advertisement

When they referred to "manufactured" and "didnt work out" they are referring to the 2 pop music albums she released in canada as a teenager. the first was reasonably successful, the second not so much. she doesnt mention them any more. She co-wrote all the tracks on the first (not sure about the second) so to call her the canadian britney is a little wide of the mark. Of course anybody who includes a reference to Ironic in a criticism clearly knows SFA about her.

I seem to have travelled back to the 90s, when people gave a damn about Alanis Morrissette...:rolleyes: (And yeah, the song 'Ironic' is total cack-or 'gay' as one would say, in the 90s').

So just to let you all know, Blur is better than Oasis cos most of them actually did something good after the band was over (even the cheesemaker guy)...

And you should really warn the current US administration about Osama Bin Laden, cos he's gonna turn out to be a massive jerk...

(Now here's hoping I can leave this perilous decade-the fashion alone is lousy).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I like Michael D. Higgins as a cute, cuddly president but I can't stand his voice or his way of expressing himself. Ask him a simple question and he goes off for 20 minutes in reply...the sound of his voice makes me want to strangle him. Does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Nevin Maguire.. He comes across very cocky and smug

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

smilerf wrote: »

I always think he looks like his going to **** himself with nerves :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,122 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I always think he looks like his going to **** himself with nerves :o

So he does

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kg703

Ed Sheeran. I hate his face. I hate his music. I hate the fact that he turns up everywhere e.g. weddings, to delight someone with his guitar. He drives me cracked. Up until say the last 2 years, this was a very unpopular opinion but I think he is starting to get more and more on peoples nerves now.

When he turned up on game of thrones I nearly screamed.

Just go away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

smilerf wrote: »

agreed! He comes across like a right boring oddball. How he gets his own shows is beyond me.

kg703 wrote: »
    Ed Sheeran. I hate his face. I hate his music. I hate the fact that he turns up everywhere e.g. weddings, to delight someone with his guitar. He drives me cracked. Up until say the last 2 years, this was a very unpopular opinion but I think he is starting to get more and more on peoples nerves now.

When he turned up on game of thrones I nearly screamed.

Just go away

Think the Game of Thrones thing was a step too far-possibly even a jump the shark moment for the entire show?

Maybe.

I think his music in the last 2 years or so was pretty awful. Like, really bad. And is it me, or is he trying to market himself as a sex symbol? It's not gonna happen Ed, you can't be a ginger sex-symbol unless you're Michael Fassbender, or Sam Heughan. (And yes, I'm a straight guy-I just listen to the ladies).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There's nothing inexplicable about that, the guy is a sex offender, yet that never gets mentioned.
    He's despicable, I think, if he stays retired (he won't his ego will want another crack) there'll be a few stories come out about him on the professional side of things.
    Think the Game of Thrones thing was a step too far-possibly even a jump the shark moment for the entire show?

Maybe.

I agree with that, thankfully it was short, but it was completely unnecessary and it really did take you out of the show. They've had musicians before in the background and they could have done similar in that scene just leave him out of focus in the background.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Hoboo

DAVID BOWIE

Another rapist/paedophile (whichever way you wish to paint it) that people continue to not just ignore, but to celebrate him.

Advertisement