Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

That judge seemed delighted to meet McGregor.

That's the impression I got too, she said he had to appear OR send legal representation, then when he doesn't show she throws the toys out of the pram, you would have expected her to be hard on him considering his no show, and the speed involved. Instead she has a bit of banter with him and lets him off with a tiny fine.

She's a big fan id say.

rustynutz wrote: »
    The man is a ****ing genius, he has found a way to stay in the headlines despite not stepping into a MMA cage in over a year.

You realize he’s loosing fans left right and centre.

He was a genius when he was being witty and funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

That's the impression I got too, she said he had to appear OR send legal representation, then when he doesn't show she throws the toys out of the pram, you would have expected her to be hard on him considering his no show, and the speed involved. Instead she has a bit of banter with him and lets him off with a tiny fine.

She's a big fan id say.

It’s hardly rocket science.

If he was pleading guilty, fair enough, send legal representation, case closed.

Pleading guilty but wanting to provide mitigating evidence, the defendant has to be there to give that evidence.

Same rules for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

She's a big fan id say.

Pleading guilty but wanting to provide mitigating evidence, the defendant has to be there to give that evidence.

Same rules for everyone.

More and Most importantly is mcgreg still not sponsored by reebok? Showing up in adidas fracker nacker wear? Ploy to be sponsored by them?

His jibronie was rocking pennies finest with a delightful neck tatoo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

mkdon wrote: »
    More and Most importantly is mcgreg still not sponsored by reebok? Showing up in adidas fracker nacker wear? Ploy to be sponsored by them?

It's the UFC that are sponsored by Reebok rather than mcg hinself and sure Adidas own them anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I don't care how tough the neck tatoo cnt is if he walked into a room like he walked into court expecting everyone to move and make way for mcgregor... I'd say something.... Then get beaten up... And killed like the other lad

I don't care how tough the neck tatoo cnt is if he walked into a room like he walked into court expecting everyone to move and make way for mcgregor... I'd say something.... Then get beaten up... And killed like the other lad
    You mean you would happily take a throwdown and beating from the neck tattoo gentleman with the horrific record

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Well

W

Same rules for everyone.

What mitigating evidence did he provide? He pleaded guilty and apologised according to the reports I heard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I know he's been a sap lately, but jaysis, the hate on hard on some people have is atrocious.

It was a speeding fine summons, not a murder rap.

• Advertisement

Is mcgreg still training or is he on a constant mad one?

I know he's been a sap lately, but jaysis, the hate on hard on some people have is atrocious.

It was a speeding fine summons, not a murder rap.

His lawyer gave an excuse at the last appearance.. "my client pleads guilty..... But..... Bla bla" and conor was summonsed to explain the bla bla bla

He's still making the headlines, and sponsors love headlines. No such thing as bad publicity as they say. This has to be the most active thread on boards, just when its about to die down, he does something else and everyone is talking about him again. I'm not saying everything he does is on purpose, but he has a knack for dragging the story out, like the kinehan link, to keep everyone talking.

And for the record, I think he is acting like a dick, and wouldn't be a big fan, but you have to give credit where it is due. His flair for marketing himself is the reason he has over 100 million in the bank, not his fighting skills, good luck to him I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

His lawyer gave an excuse at the last appearance.. "my client pleads guilty..... But..... Bla bla" and conor was summonsed to explain the bla bla bla

He never put his middle name on the form accepting the points in the first place, which is why the fine didn't go through. This was the reason it went to court in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

By all accounts he's been loosing up his fans left, right and centre.

DuffleBag wrote: »
    He never put his middle name on the form accepting the points in the first place, which is why the fine didn't go through. This was the reason it went to court in the first place.

that was the bla bla bla i referred to

mkdon wrote: »

Adidas owns reebok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Same rules for everyone.

Never leave it in the hands of the judges :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Instead she has a bit of banter with him and lets him off with a tiny fine.
    It's a speeding fine. So I'd imagine the judge is confined to fairly fixed range.
    It's the UFC that are sponsored by Reebok rather than mcg hinself and sure Adidas own them anyway.
    Nope. McGregor was directly sponsored by Reebok. At the time he wouldn't have been able to wear other brands so publicly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Countries where fines are related to income makes sense.

If he'd done 150 in 100 zone in Finland/etc then he wouldnt be getting asked would he like to pay his 400 quid in instalments and the entire thing would be less amusing to him.

But hey, thats Ireland. Make it easy for the super-wealthy to have a laugh and then get upset about it when they have a laugh.

• Advertisement

if he'd done 150 in 100 zone in Finland/etc then he wouldnt be getting asked would he like to pay his 400 quid in instalments and the entire thing would be less amusing to him.
    And if he did it on an autobahn in Germany there'd be no laws broken.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Mellor wrote: »
    And if he did it on an autobahn in Germany there'd be no laws broken.

Very few sections of speed limit free motorway left on the auto bahn

Autochange wrote: »
    Very few sections of speed limit free motorway left on the auto bahn
    According to wiki 70% is advisory limit only, cover my point above. But maybe that's out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Mellor wrote: »
    According to wiki 70% is advisory limit only, cover my point above. But maybe that's out of date.

Haha this thread goes strange places.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'm not sure what the issue is here.

On that bit of road the speed limit is 100Km/h.

Doing 110 is pushing it, 120 a bit risky, 150 is taking the piss.

You may be able to do whatever you want on the Autobahn but Lufthansa being on the N7 don't make it the Autobahn.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the issue is here.

On that bit of road the speed limit is 100Km/h.

Doing 110 is pushing it, 120 a bit risky, 150 is taking the piss.

You may be able to do whatever you want on the Autobahn but Lufthansa being on the N7 don't make it the Autobahn.
    I think you missed the point.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

II think I did

Any chance Conor would rematch Holloway? He lost to Nate and asked for an instant rematch, he was wanthing a rematch v Mayweather, least he can do is give the P4P #1 a rematch?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Any chance Conor would rematch Holloway? He lost to Nate and asked for an instant rematch, he was wanthing a rematch v Mayweather, least he can do is give the P4P #1 a rematch?

Is actually love to see it too but they would have to pay him a ton of money to make that cut and don't think him or john has any interest in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Marketing my behind. None of what he is doing at the moment is marketing and people are deluded by him and throwing this out as the reason for his behavior. He is acting like an idiot, or maybe he isn’t, maybe he just is an idiot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement