Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

McGregor has shown an interest in 'gangsters' fictional and real before. Quotes Tony Montana, wears Pablo Escobar shirts, dresses as El Chapo and now Martin Cahill. The last one will get more play here obviously.

He's cleary got a fascination with the idea or lifestyle of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Anyone find out if Tony got to the post office to pay his telly lience

• Registered Users Posts: 39,181 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Fromvert wrote: »
    McGregor has shown an interest in 'gangsters' fictional and real before. Quotes Tony Montana, wears Pablo Escobar shirts, dresses as El Chapo and now Martin Cahill. The last one will get more play here obviously.

He's cleary got a fascination with the idea or lifestyle of it.

I'm surprised you throw in gangster rap with the "Notorious" nickname and walkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,156 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He showed utter contempt for our courts and justice system yesterday. No surprise..

And, after driving at dangerously high speeds resulting in this court appearance he then exits a narrow lane at quite a speed. Reckless arrogance..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

walshb wrote: »
    He showed utter contempt for our courts and justice system yesterday. No surprise..

And, after driving at dangerously high speeds resulting in this court appearance he then exits a narrow lane at quite a speed. Reckless arrogance..

To be fair our courts & justice system are a joke. Agreed on the speedong though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,156 ✭✭✭✭walshb

ASOT wrote: »
    To be fair our courts & justice system are a joke. Agreed on the speedong though.

Whether one thinks they’re a joke or not is irrelevant. They are the people. They are set up by the people and for the people. A vital institution. And they absolutely deserve respect..

joeguevara wrote: »
    I’m a bit lost. Who posted ‘respect to Martin?’ I am very familiar (too much so) of everything that Martin Cahill did. Conor pulling his hood over his face was obviously in a joking way an ode to him. The most recognizable celebrity in the country trying to hide his face. But to bring up the state pathologist from the 80s is a stretch. What is horrible is all the people revelling in his misfortune. Frank Bruno had a nervous breakdown quite publicly and no one was on forums calling him a scum bag. Gazza had more run ins with the cops and people backed him up, even when he wanted to go fishing and have a few cans with a murderer on the loose. Mc Gregor needs some tough love and to be brought away from yes men. He doesn’t need yesterday’s fans delighted in the fact that he is in trouble. That’s my tuppence. For right or wrong!

Bruno and gazza are actual likable characters who most sympathise with in their struggles. McGregor is just a lout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

glasso wrote: »
    Bruno and gazza are actual likable characters who most sympathise with in their struggles. McGregor is just a lout.

A sectarian, wife beating, junkie, alkie is a likable character. I'd rather be stuck in a lift with McGregor than Gazza.

A sectarian, wife beating, junkie, alkie is a likable character. I'd rather be stuck in a lift with McGregor than Gazza.

That's just #fake news made up by the haters. Where are the videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,181 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Whether one thinks they’re a joke or not is irrelevant. They are the people. They are set up by the people and for the people. A vital institution.And they absolutely deserve respect..
    I agree the courts should but respected. But "of the people, by the people, for the people" refers to the government, not the judiciary.
    And it was coined by a US President, should be all respect Trump ... I'm not sure about that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

How did he show contempt for the courts and justice yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

But Conor its a 1.5

What a line from Paul Reynolds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

But Conor its a 1.5

What a line from Paul Reynolds.

If only my 1.5 could do 155 MPH :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

glasso wrote: »
    That's just #fake news made up by the haters. Where are the videos?

223183.jpg

He admitted to beating his missus.

article-1267516-0936E014000005DC-875_224x278.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

He was being sarcastic FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

He was being sarcastic FFS.

Ha ok missed that. Worth remembering though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

How did he show contempt for the courts and justice yesterday?

By wearing a tracksuit apparently... Oh and by following what the judge said last time, send a legal representative or appear himself.
    TBH that judge seemed to be acting the fanny yesterday 'how much do you earn? and don't tell me 110million in a day' and 'you can pay by installments if you wish'

I think Conor is acting like a knob and a spoilt brat at the moment but this bull**** about contempt for the courts is a load of balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

By wearing a tracksuit apparently... Oh and by following what the judge said last time, send a legal representative or appear himself.
    TBH that judge seemed to be acting the fanny yesterday 'how much do you earn? and don't tell me 110million in a day' and 'you can pay by installments if you wish'

I think Conor is acting like a knob and a spoilt brat at the moment but this bull**** about contempt for the courts is a load of balls

Judges always ask the convicted offenders that to decide on the fine

Courts, like MMA, have rules and procedures too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Judges are all ego, it's no surprise that they clashed. They aren't used to cheek, Conor wasn't there cap in hand, it was a speeding ticket not a DUI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If he sent a legal representative to just plead flat out guilty the judge would have accepted that. Same as in any other case. McGregor wanted to plead guilty but give "mitigating circumstances", that is why the judge demanded that he appear. You can't put forward evidence as chinese whispers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Un1corn

Not sure if this is the place. Now honestly I don't like McGregor's show boating but I do believe a huge part of it is an act but I couldn't care. I know it's part of MMA but it's a bit classless. I am not a big fan of MMA but I can't help looking sometimes.

One thing that annoys me personally is the image McGregor presents of Irish men. The guy is probably the only Irish man known in China I hate it when Chinese say oh you are from the same place as McGregor. I don't want that associated :)

Un1corn wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the place. Now honestly I don't like McGregor's show boating but I do believe a huge part of it is an act but I couldn't care. I know it's part of MMA but it's a bit classless. I am not a big fan of MMA but I can't help looking sometimes.

One thing that annoys me personally is the image McGregor presents of Irish men. The guy is probably the only Irish man known in China I hate it when Chinese say oh you are from the same place as McGregor. I don't want that associated :)

That's the unfortunate situation we find ourselves in.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Could you tell them you're English?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

It's not part of MMA. 99 % of MMA fighters don't carry on like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

The man is a ****ing genius, he has found a way to stay in the headlines despite not stepping into a MMA cage in over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

ricero wrote: »
    Some donut so he is.

And the fat hanger on  tracksuit wearing mate riding shotgun with him is laughable
    say it to his face

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

mkdon wrote: »
    say it to his face

It would be hard to do since he is half the time getting his face bounced off the floor and knocking himself out:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

sc86 wrote: »
    bump

I've seen some completely unnecessary bumps of highly active threads in my time, but this one takes more of the piss than all the rest combined :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

That judge seemed delighted to meet McGregor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement