Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Options

Comments

• As suspected. Conor used this bull**** story like a champ to get publicity too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    As suspected. Conor used this bull**** story like a champ to get publicity too :P

Yep. All this publicity = PPV's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Yep. All this publicity = PPV's.

You only get PPVs if you fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Conor gets PPV's for drinking vodka and OJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

You must be taking this badly.

• Advertisement

so he didn't yer man toupe's dad but he was still in a scrap in that pub, the spanner.
    never seemed serious that bit tbh - muppet Paul Williams jumping on the bandwagon was the icing on the cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

evil_seed wrote: »
    *serious question*

Do people think he's taken too many knocks to the head? Brain injuries can changes your personality and make you take more risks? Or it just a case of major celebrity can't handle himself and everyone has a camera in their hand?

Too much time on his hand and too much money to burn. He becomes insufferable when he's not training for a fight.

More Leaked Footage of The Bar Fight...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBB2R_8sU-E

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Respect to Martin they hassled the bollox out of him as well hahah

Thats not a stupid thing to say at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Gijoseph

Those Instagram posts made me a fan again. He's on the windup big time. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

spix wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is real footage? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cn2LUL6OQo

Probably late with this but the Black Forge doesn't have a pool table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

moneyman wrote: »
    You must be taking this badly.

Taking what badly? That everything I’ve said about him since the start has been proven right? That his true colours are finally showing through?? That it wasn’t an “act” and “promotion”??

Yeah I’m devastated hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Its really sad on here with people celebrating his supposed demise. The lad has given us so many great memories. This is just another chapter in his amazing story and if something negative has really happened, I hope its just a speed bump. I personally want to see him bounce back strong and continue his amazing journey whilst entertaining the f*&* out of us on the way.

Onward and upward Conor!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Have to say, I thought the exit from the courtroom was gas. Obvious enough he was at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Its really sad on here with people celebrating his supposed demise. The lad has given us so many great memories. This is just another chapter in his amazing story and if something negative has really happened, I hope its just a speed bump. I personally want to see him bounce back strong and continue his amazing journey whilst entertaining the f*&* out of us on the way.

Onward and upward Conor!

Many seem disappointed more than anything, not celebratory. Not much point supporting stupid decision making though is there, he should act his age.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Many seem disappointed more than anything, not celebratory. Not much point supporting stupid decision making though is there, he should act his age.

What has he actually done wrong that you have proof of? a speeding fine? hes a great law abiding citizen besides that who pays his share of tax forget the rumours,

Everyone is praying for his downfall to say I told you so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Gamebred wrote: »
    What has he actually done wrong that you have proof of? a speeding fine? hes a great law abiding citizen besides that who pays his share of tax forget the rumours,

Everyone is praying for his downfall to say I told you so.

This all started with the Bellator antics and the drug rumours I suppose people on here want him to be fit and healthy and not getting lengthy bans from the sport.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

This all started with the Bellator antics and the drug rumours I suppose people on here want him to be fit and healthy and not getting lengthy bans from the sport.

He's not fighting soon anyways there be no ban, nobody can sanction him for the Bellator thing thats long forgotten about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The Bellator incident (and the bull**** apology that followed it) is only long forgotten about by people who don't actually give a **** about the sport and its credibility and are McGregor fans rather than MMA fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Gijoseph

This all started with the Bellator antics

Not really.

You and the rest of the faux outraged have been ****ting on mcgregor since the beginning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Disgraceful behaviour from McGregor outside the court there. We have a lot of little knackers in this country and he is just an encouragement to them. I was proud of him at one stage, he's let himself down badly, someone needs to have a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Ah lads. . .
    The craic in here has been mighty. I won’t see my tv license & esb bill in the same light again.
    There’s no need for the nasty stuff. Clearly this is a bit of a laugh for all the characters involved.
    I wonder who exactly are Williams “sources”. They’re having a laugh too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭joeguevara

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Disgraceful behaviour from McGregor outside the court there. We have a lot of little knackers in this country and he is just an encouragement to them. I was proud of him at one stage, he's let himself down badly, someone needs to have a word.

What are you talking about? He was having a bit of Craic, pretending to be the general, because of all the sh1te that’s being said recently. What disgraceful behavior was there? The judge in blanch did not have to demand his appearance for a speeding ticket. His legal representative was more than enough. Judge fed into the media circus and actually put more lives in danger by demanding he turned up. I have never had a judge demand appearance when it was already agreed with Garda. Also, I have never seen so many people so happy that someone is fcuking up publicly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

joeguevara wrote: »
    What are you talking about? He was having a bit of Craic, pretending to be the general, because of all the sh1te that’s being said recently. What disgraceful behavior was there?

Covering his face is a 'bit of craic', a nod to how here's been treated over the past week or so, I laughed.

But to then post 'Respect to Martin'. Nah, that's too much.

Just in case you're unsure why:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_O%27Donovan#Assassination_attempt_by_Martin_Cahill

Covering his face is a 'bit of craic', a nod to how here's been treated over the past week or so, I laughed.

Just in case you're unsure why:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_O%27Donovan#Assassination_attempt_by_Martin_Cahill

I’m a bit lost. Who posted ‘respect to Martin?’ I am very familiar (too much so) of everything that Martin Cahill did. Conor pulling his hood over his face was obviously in a joking way an ode to him. The most recognizable celebrity in the country trying to hide his face. But to bring up the state pathologist from the 80s is a stretch. What is horrible is all the people revelling in his misfortune. Frank Bruno had a nervous breakdown quite publicly and no one was on forums calling him a scum bag. Gazza had more run ins with the cops and people backed him up, even when he wanted to go fishing and have a few cans with a murderer on the loose. Mc Gregor needs some tough love and to be brought away from yes men. He doesn’t need yesterday’s fans delighted in the fact that he is in trouble. That’s my tuppence. For right or wrong!

I’m a bit lost. Who posted ‘respect to Martin?’

mcgmc.png

mcgmc.png

Yeah, as I thought, hiding face. The general had a reputation as an ordinary decent criminal (actually a Kevin spacey film of that name, sh1te). He is playing up to that hiding his face. I have said everything as per post above. Wish he would move on and start training again. But I stand by the fact that too many people are happy that an Irish sports star is in a downward spiral.

Yeah, as I thought, hiding face. The general had a reputation as an ordinary decent criminal (actually a Kevin spacey film of that name, sh1te). He is playing up to that hiding his face.

Like I said:

Again, no problem with the face hiding stuff, but saying 'respect' to Martin Cahill I do take issue with as he's not someone that deserves so much as an ounce of respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Like I said:

Again, no problem with the face hiding stuff, but saying 'respect' to Martin Cahill I do take issue with as he's not someone that deserves so much as an ounce of respect.

Has dee got a sister from Ballymun or Liverpool by any chance??

• Advertisement

Like I said:

Get what your saying. Doubt Conor would know the ins and outs of the nasty side of the general. He is romanticising about his current situation being hounded by the press.

Just a point of clarification though, the general is a saint compared to the gangsters that are there now. Notwithstanding his weird relationship with the two sisters.

I doubt the people who got in his way would think that though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement