Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2017/2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

The machine is back in full working order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Gamebred wrote: »
    Samcro is some joke of a price,5/2 best price in November having won 2 mickey mouse races absolute mugs backing the thing.

I wouldnt back him antepost at that price, but I'm not sure anyone is/has, who are these mugs you speak of? The price is a refelction of their current liabilities on the horse and them not wanting to take any more action on him. I'm on @6/1 and wouldnt swap my docket for anything!! Looks the real deal to me.

Motivator wrote: »
    It looks like Death Duty fans didn’t learn their lesson last year!

I don't get the corelation between the two? Same trainer is all they have in common, why not reference all the hotpots that have won at the last few festivals? Sometimes they do justify the hype!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

I don't get the corelation between the two? Same trainer is all they have in common, why not reference all the hotpots that have won at the last few festivals? Sometimes they do justify the hype!

Was wondering the same. Death Duty had a reputation mostly based on what his trainer said about him. Dosnt appear to be the same case with Samcro

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Massimo Tara

Brain Power will be hard stopped in the Arkle if he proves he can handle Cheltenham, that was a lovely debut over fences and no doubt there is a huge amount of ability in there.

I'd worry about him going up the hill. Didn't finish well at all in the champion hurdle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Whose the best horse Samcro has actually beaten? there is plenty of people willing to take 5/2 they think its pegasus, its farcical won 2 nothing races I wouldnt even wade in at 6/1 if offered it hasnt faced a proper race horse yet

• Advertisement

Whose the best horse Samcro has actually beaten? there is plenty of people willing to take 5/2 they think its pegasus, its farcical won 2 nothing races I wouldnt even wade in at 6/1 if offered it hasnt faced a proper race horse yet

Says it all really :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    Lumping on american to win the ladbrokes trophy on Saturday. 6/1

Way to early for the toughest handicap chase of the year at that price. HE cant go of shorter than that.. That said i love the horse and he could be anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

The running in the Hennessy be interesting with American, Cogry, Coneygree attempting to make all.

madmoose wrote: »
    The running in the Hennessy be interesting with American, Cogry, Coneygree attempting to make all.

And you can add A genie in a bottle and Present Man to that riddle as well. Could set it up perfectly for something like Singlefarmpayment who will be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

yanworth, total recall, buveur dair, Douvan...
    which one will let me down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

yanworth, total recall, buveur dair, Douvan...
    which one will let me down?

Yanworth. Overrated. Plus I wouldn’t back a king horse with stolen money the last month. They are not finishing off their races

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Johnny ward put up a poll yesterday asking if people had to have a bet on Faugheen or Samcro in the champion hurdle at even money who would you pick and some actually voted samcro. Sick in the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

I have a question for the Samcro doubters:

Samcro v Petit Mouchoir in a hurdles match over 2 miles on yielding.
    How would you price it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I have a question for the Samcro doubters:

Samcro v Petit Mouchoir in a hurdles match over 2 miles on yielding.
    How would you price it?

Samcro looks brilliant but jaysus lads relax the cax is what I'm saying. PM 8/11 Samcro 5/4. Maybe a slightly bigger gap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Samcro looks brilliant but jaysus lads relax the cax is what I'm saying. PM 8/11 Samcro 5/4. Maybe a slightly bigger gap.

Oh ya I completely agree with you. Let the horse do the talking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Oh ya I completely agree with you. Let the horse do the talking.

Yeah.

No problem with people talking a horse up but you'll always get a gob****e making De facto statements about what a horse can and cannot do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Much and all as I like Samcro I have been burned too many times by horses that look machines until they set foot on "good" (ahem) at Cheltenham.

5/2 is too short for me, crazy talk saying Danganabu's 6/1 is too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Motivator

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Was wondering the same. Death Duty had a reputation mostly based on what his trainer said about him. Dosnt appear to be the same case with Samcro

Based on what was said about him? Are you serious? The horse won 3 races last season - Grade 3, Grade 2, Grade 1.

Saying his reputation was based on what his trainer said about him is possibly the stupidest thing I’ve ever read in my life.

What I meant by people not learning their lesson with Death Duty is look at the amount of people backing Samcro at silly prices. Death Duty bombed last March and burned a lot of fingers. People had him backed four or five months before the Festival. Anyone backing these apparent “good things” Ante Post at single figure prices needs their head checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Id hazard a guess that all this antepost betting on the short ones at the festival just doesn't happen at all yet. its all bookie talk no way anyone would tie up money for months on a 5/2 shot this early. More likely in a few multiples all the same.

5/2 shot now equates to about 1/5 on the day with all the other risks. No matter what turns up against him evens will be available on the day at the absolute lowest and id imagine 5/2 will be easily available

• He has to actually turn up at the festival
    • Has to run in the exact race
    • has to like good ground
    • race will be run unlike any other race all year.
    • plenty of Mullins hotpots to piss up in races in ireland that haven't been seen yet.
    All that said he looks a machine but he is at best a 8/1 shot with all those factors. All it will take to get 5/2 on the day is for ruby to be riding some mullins unbeaten horse in the race, and that is very likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Aidan,
    Don't ruin the tone of the thread by talking sense. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

There is "Rich Ricci Young Horses" stable tour on the Betbright website but you need to give them your email.

Any heres the pdf that they send on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Has there been any notable updates on Mcmanus' horse Great Field?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

FatRat wrote: »
    Has there been any notable updates on Mcmanus' horse Great Field?

Think I heard on the Final Furlong Podcast that he was out for the season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Think I heard on the Final Furlong Podcast that he was out for the season

Was it not a set back and wouldn't be seen till the spring??

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭deeks

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

Was it not a set back and wouldn't be seen till the spring??

Could have been. I just remember hearing set back, thought it was out for the season but could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think it was a setback until the spring alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Douvan on the drift for the Tingle Creek. Fox Norton shortening…

823ce460c881084f69a9a01e672db218.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Get on Un De Sceaux to retain the title now so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Hoped/ expected Disko to be around 6s for the John Durkan against Sizing John and Djak

Priced up by Paddy at 11/4

Advertisement