Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann Possible Strike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

The RMT got Merseyrail, Arriva Rail North and Greater Anglia staff out on strike last month in support of Southern Rail staff despite secondary action in the UK being afforded no legal protections.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Perhaps a strike, as outlined in this article, is an example relevant to the point being made by end of the road, where employees from three different rail operators took action on a particular issue?
    GM228 wrote: »
    The RMT got Merseyrail, Arriva Rail North and Greater Anglia staff out on strike last month in support of Southern Rail staff despite secondary action in the UK being afforded no legal protections.

Greater Anglia and some of the other TOCs got around this by training up their managers as guards and as such services ran pretty much as normal so there was no disruption to their services by strike action.

The GA dispute is somewhat different to the disputes in other companies as in GA 60% of trains have been DOO for years and there are no plans to change that and it's simply about the role of guards and who operates the doors.

I believe they all held their own ballots about such things so it wouldn't be classed as sympathy action officially even though most people think that it probably was.

https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/travel-information/service-disruptions/full-greater-anglia-service-operate-during-planned-industrial

devnull wrote: »
    I believe they all held their own ballots about such things so it wouldn't be classed as sympathy action officially even though most people think that it probably was.

Yes, technically they were seperate ballots for seperate reasons, but take GA for example.

The RMT has been fighting with the government for years to try and gain legal protections for secondary action with no joy, they even took (and lost) a case on the issue to the European Court of Human Rights, they needed a work around.

Their industrial action with GA sparked off for no real reason to be honest, due to the Southern dispute the RMT asked GA to give assurances that they would not go down the DOO route in the future like Southern have, GA would not make such a commitment and so GA guards took action, not because their jobs were to be potentially done away with, but specifically because they just had no guarantees into the future. It was basically a set-up by the RMT to basically bring about secondary action by having a legitimate dispute with GA for the purposes of bringing pressure surrounding the issues of guards on trains.

Action at the other companies concerns proposals to introduce DOO in 3 or 4 years time for new rolling stock, but yet strikes are happening now, those in the industrial relations world whom have contacts in the RMT have been told that the real issues stem from the long term Southern dispute.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Looking likely there will not be a strike:
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2017/1120/921454-bus-eireann-talks/
    Union officials have said all major issues with Bus Éireann have been resolved after talks concluded at the Workplace Relations Commission.

Unions added that there are a number of less important issues which remain to be agreed but it is expected the two sides will iron those out over the coming weeks.

A National Bus and Rail Union (NBRU) statement read: "Detailed discussions took place on many issues with a second clarification document emanating from the talks.

"The composite rate agreed in Labour Court Recommendation 21438 will be implemented on 3 December 2017.

"The NBRU aspires to deal with the underlying policy issues that caused the crisis at Bus Éireann at the Transport Forum previously agreed with Minister Ross."

Bus Éireann staff went on strike earlier this month over proposals for cost-reduction measures at the company, which at that point was losing €9.4m a year and at risk of insolvency.

Part of the deal to resolve the row involved the implementation of new, more efficient rosters.

The talks between Bus Éireann and unions to discuss the implementation of new cost-saving rosters began this morning.

The new rosters were due to be implemented on three occasions in recent weeks, but were deferred each time to facilitate today's talks.

In a statement, Bus Éireann said that the Labour Court agreement will "ensure cost savings can be achieved to address the company finances in line with our business plan, and assures our commitment to all of our customers and stakeholders at this busy time of the year."

On his way into talks, NBRU General Secretary Dermot O'Leary said there remained a threat of a ballot for industrial action over the issue.

"Despite the efforts of our representatives to engage with the company over the last number of months, they have been unable to produce rosters that would be acceptable to our members," he said.

Mr O'Leary also said there was a particular problem with rosters in the east where new services were brought in Navan.

He said bus drivers were working 13 or 14 hour days, which he said was supposed to be a temporary measure. "That's a pressure point for us at this stage," he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

That sounds to me, as end of the road suggested, that the other coach companies were not able accommodate everyone.

I take the BE 32 to Donegal. I prefer it to McGinleys because very often the 32 had a lot of spare seats so you can effectively get a comfortable double seat.

However I've also seen McGinleys run extra services so I'm sure they have the validity and flexibility to cope with demand. They don't just run buses to Dublin...

On occasion I've been on a BE 32 double decker where I've had the whole to deck to myself. Though nowadays I'm not as inclined to travel on the bus because the newer buses have squeezed in more seats that I can't even for my laptop on my knee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

I take the BE 32 to Donegal. I prefer it to McGinleys because very often the 32 had a lot of spare seats so you can effectively get a comfortable double seat.

However I've also seen McGinleys run extra services so I'm sure they have the validity and flexibility to cope with demand. They don't just run buses to Dublin...

On occasion I've been on a BE 32 double decker where I've had the whole to deck to myself. Though nowadays I'm not as inclined to travel on the bus because the newer buses have squeezed in more seats that I can't even for my laptop on my knee.

What I was saying was, that, as I understand it, during the Bus Éireann strike, that other companies were not able to operate services, at times other than the times they were licensed to operate, at the time of the strike.

As I understand it, they can run extra buses at times they are licensed to operate, but not at other times of the day or night, so for example I don't think McGinley's would have been permitted to operate a service from Letterkenny at 1.45am from Dublin, to cover the 1.45am number 32 Bus Éireann service at that time.

Taking into account that Bus Éireann operates more daily services to and from Letterkenny and Dublin, I would have thought that it is possible, that not all the people hoping to get McGinley's, during the bus strike, would have been able to, if you'd have McGinley's regular passengers, as well those who would have used the Bus Éireann number 32 service more regularly?

Perhaps the times that McGinley's depart from Letterkenny, and depart fro Dublin, might not have been convenient for passengers who might normally get some of the later services operated by Bus Éireann from Letterkenny to and from Dublin?

What other services does McGinley's operate, along with the services listed on its website: to and from Milford and Dublin, to and from Inisowen and Derry and Dublin, and to and from Annagry and Letterkenny and Dublin, and Donegal and Glasgow?

Are the services to which you refer, locations served as intermediate stops on its services to and from Letterkenny and Dublin, and to and from Derry and Dublin, or does McGinley's also run buses to and from locations, services that do not also serve Dublin?

I see on the pdf timetable that McGinley's can arrange a transfer, by coach, minibus or car, to Dublin Airport, if their timetable services to and from the airport, do not suit the time at which some passengers might be going to Dublin Airport.

I guess the McGinley's Derry Dublin services are more busy now, since Bus Éireann stopped serving Dublin to and from Derry in May, considering that there are less options now, for getting to and from Derry, on the Ulsterbus Translink service.

In November of last year, when Bus Éireann and Translink Ulsterbus had operated this route, it was possible to get a bus from Derry to Dublin at mignight and 4.15am.

Now, the last Translink Ulsterbus service from Derry to Dublin with the current timetable, which is valid from 1st September 2017 till 31st August 2018, is 5.30pm.

A few years ago, in 2013, there was an 11pm service from Derry to Dublin, on the Derry - Dublin service that was operated by Bus Éireann in conjunction with Translink Ulsterbus. This 11pm service was a Bus Éireann service and ran during the summer months. I can't recall if it operated during winter, or when the timetable changed, where a bus left Derry at midnight rather than at 11pm, but during Winter last year, there was a midnight service, from Derry, as part of the Derry - Dublin service, that was operated by Bus Éireann in conjunction with Translink Ulsterbus. This 12am service from Derry, was a Bus Éireann bus.

Even though there is a 4.15am Translink Ulsterbus service from Derry to Dublin, since Bus Éireann stopped serving Derry to and from Dublin, there are now less services to and from Derry and Dublin.

It seems to me, that Translink Ulsterbus has not increased its Dublin Derry services, to replace the particular scheduled services, on that route, that had been operated by Bus Éireann.

This results in less services to and from Derry and Dublin and intermediate stops like Monaghan. For example, when Translink Ulsterbus and Bus Éireann had both co-operated on the service between Dublin and Derry, the 12am service that Bus Éireann operated from Derry, served Monaghan at 1.55am.

As a result passengers in Monaghan have less options for getting to Dublin or Dublin Airport early in the morning. There only option now, during the night, is the 1.45am service from Letterkenny that serves Monaghan at 3.22am.

I'd imagine the McGinley's Derry service is more busy now, that the Ulsterbus and Bus Éireann Dublin - Derry services were changed on 29th May 2017.

http://www.johnmcginley.com/docs/timetable.pdf

http://www.johnmcginley.com/timetable.html#

http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1478276752-32.pdf

http://journeyplanner.translink.co.uk/ext_webpdf_desk/TTB/20171115-103316/nir/070X3_y18_TP.pdf

http://journeyplanner.translink.co.uk/ext_webpdf_desk/TTB/20171115-103316/nir/070X3_y18_TP.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CosmicJay

markodaly wrote: »
    Oh good, your back.

Care to back up your assertions, that multi-company type strikes occurred in the UK with examples?

I fear we may be waiting for some time.

Just an update on the situation with BE, the reported resolution at the WRC only applies to non-roster related issues.

Consolidated pay for example is to be implemented from 3rd December, but despite what has been reported in the media rosters have been pushed back (again) to mid January as there is still no agreement in place for these.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2017/1123/922317-bus-eireann/

A stark warning from Ray Hernan perhaps.
    Speaking about loss-making commercial division Expressway, he warned that if a commercial route is losing money it must go.

The above stands out for me as it will no doubt lead to more industrial unrest. It suggests Hernan is saying not that it may go, but it will where it is loosing money and a lot of Expressway is apparently loss making.

Mr Hernan acknowledged that philosophy could be "alien in the public service", but was part of a culture change which they would have to accept in the coming years

A warning to unions that change is coming.

Speaking at the Resolve Employee Relations Conference in Dublin, he said Bus Éireann will be loss-making again this year, but is targeting a profit of €3.5 million next year if its cost reduction programme is rolled out as planned.

Some good news perhaps, assuming no more industrial unrest.

And finally......
    Mr Hernan also criticised the "massive union rivalry" between the company's five unions, which he said was not conducive to getting a deal quickly.

Is a bit pointless having 5 unions as if any one goes on strike then the others can't pass picket lines and might as well be also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Is a bit pointless having 5 unions as if any one goes on strike then the others can't pass picket lines and might as well be also.

Only two are really relevant NBRU and SIPTU

Dermot O'Leary seems a bit annoyed by the RTE article I linked recently and the talk of a possible €3.5M profit fot BE next year.

He has stated:-
    Mr Hernan, it appears needs crash course in how to operate a Publicy-owned Transport Company. Ethos is on SERVICE. BE is National Carrier. Glad that Hernan is reportedly optimistic on future profit. NBRU Members will soon be looking 4 pay-back, 4 rescuing Company.

https://twitter.com/DermotLeary/status/933717176254631936

We can guess what the "pay-back" is no doubt. I have heard a rumour that the NBRU (and no doubt other unions) will launch a BE pay claim at the same time as the DB one in February and of course that will only mean one thing......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,346 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Dermot O'Leary seems a bit annoyed by the RTE article I linked recently and the talk of a possible €3.5M profit fot BE next year.

He has stated:-

https://twitter.com/DermotLeary/status/933717176254631936

We can guess what the "pay-back" is no doubt. I have heard a rumour that the NBRU (and no doubt other unions) will launch a BE pay claim at the same time as the DB one in February and of course that will only mean one thing......
    Does O'Leary get commission for each strike he calls? Hes mad for them all together

pjohnson wrote: »
    Does O'Leary get commission for each strike he calls? Hes mad for them all together

He does not to be, he is well paid as it is!

GM228 wrote:

I wouldn't have an issue with the workers getting a share of those profits if they materialise.

The mantra should be that if the company is struggling then the workers must adapt. If that adaption then turns into a profit then they should get something back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I wouldn't have an issue with the workers getting a share of those profits if they materialise.

The mantra should be that if the company is struggling then the workers must adapt. If that adaption then turns into a profit then they should get something back.

Something back, I dont know, like keeping their jobs I suppose?

The company has lost over 15 million euro the past two years and now with the new rosters in place, they project a 3 million euro profit. Not exactly striking gold.

The NRBU are like the Taliban. They were on strike for three weeks, got a worse deal than before and any mention of a small profit, in there straight away with a pay claim, despite costing the company millions of euro. How about running more services, or better frequencies or reinvesting into the company, dope?

There is a reason why BE and all CIE companies are like they are, run like a 1950's enterprise when its 2017 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,002 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

markodaly wrote: »
    The NRBU are like the Taliban.

no they aren't. what an absolutely nonsense statement. the taliban are a shower of vermin who murdered all sorts, banned women from receiving education, who implemented a strict islamist regime and who are still a huge threat to afghanistan. the NBRU are a union. there is absolutely no comparison between the 2.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭rebel456

no they aren't. what an absolutely nonsense statement. the taliban are a shower of vermin who murdered all sorts, banned women from receiving education, who implemented a strict islamist regime and who are still a huge threat to afghanistan. the NBRU are a union. there is absolutely no comparison between the 2.

Christ Almighty. 'like the Taliban' is a phrase that has entered contemporary lexicon to describe rigidly conservative or backward actions. Union actions are backward and dated in the role they fulfil within transport, the actions of the Taliban are conservative in the governing role they fulfilled.

if I described the NBRU as 'like the Church' would you call them a shower of vermin because of the crusades? Or maybe 'like the Irish' and call them (us all) kidnapping thieves for whipping away St Patrick from Wales?

So to steer things back on track, the actions of the NBRU are like that Taliban: not fit for the current era. They act as I'd it's the 70's and Bus Eireann is the only show in town. Their call for a share of company profits is laughable when they just nearly brought about the collapse of BE this year. BÉ needs to use any profit to both reinvest and build up a reserve for when the NBRU wants another picket.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,002 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

rebel456 wrote: »
    Christ Almighty. 'like the Taliban' is a phrase that has entered contemporary lexicon to describe rigidly conservative or backward actions. Union actions are backward and dated in the role they fulfil within transport, the actions of the Taliban are conservative in the governing role they fulfilled.

if I described the NBRU as 'like the Church' would you call them a shower of vermin because of the crusades? Or maybe 'like the Irish' and call them (us all) kidnapping thieves for whipping away St Patrick from Wales?

So to steer things back on track, the actions of the NBRU are like that Taliban: not fit for the current era. They act as I'd it's the 70's and Bus Eireann is the only show in town. Their call for a share of company profits is laughable when they just nearly brought about the collapse of BE this year. BÉ needs to use any profit to both reinvest and build up a reserve for when the NBRU wants another picket.

the NBRU'S actions are very fit for the current era. if they weren't then they wouldn't be employed, it's as simple as that. the NBRU are no comparison to the taliban.
    and yes i'd agree, that looking for a pay rise is not a good idea right now. however that is between the company and the staff to work out.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

In fairness, it was a silly comparison to make, comparing a union to the Taliban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

In fairness, it was a silly comparison to make, comparing a union to the Taliban.

True enuff,and worse still is an apparent fixation with the NBRU,elevating it to Superheroic status.....God help us when he finds out there's FIVE of em.....

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/allout-strike-at-bus-ireann-will-begin-at-midnight-35559228.html
    Talks between five unions lasted for more than three hours with unions saying it is indefinite.

He said: "The representatives from all Five Trade Unions met today to consider this most recent letter from Bus Éireann, those representatives reflected the extreme and at this stage, uncontainable anger among Grades."

The Group :eek: went on to say that it was a "source of considerable regret" that the travelling public are going to be discommoded as a result of the decision.

Just to underline the issue....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvnRYpoWNQc

Talibanesque for sure :rolleyes:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

AlekSmart wrote: »
    True enuff,and worse still is an apparent fixation with the NBRU,elevating it to Superheroic status.....God help us when he finds out there's FIVE of em.....

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/allout-strike-at-bus-ireann-will-begin-at-midnight-35559228.html

Just to underline the issue....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvnRYpoWNQc

Talibanesque for sure :rolleyes:

Who's the 'he' you're referring to?

Do me a favour, since you got that little newspaper quote. Can you give me the breakdown of BÉ union membership per union. Then we'll see how important the NBRU are in the context of negotiations.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

While I would have no problem with that I believe that the worked failed to adapt for many years which left Bus Eireann with non existent reserves. I would feel that these should be built up before any staff members should share in profits.

Bus Eireann is currently a bad year from total collapse and cannot risk handing the drivers a pay out.

After losing €15,000,000 in two years he wants payback after a short term period of basic sanity in working conditions?

Who's the 'he' you're referring to?

Do me a favour, since you got that little newspaper quote. Can you give me the breakdown of BÉ union membership per union. Then we'll see how important the NBRU are in the context of negotiations.

In the context of the above The Masculine may be taken to include the Feminine.

No need to do favours at all,as he reality is of Five different Unions,each representing groups within the Company,without which the entity could not function.

Union membership is fluid,people switch unions,or indeed stay entire working lifetimes in the one.Some members are active,some go on to act as representatives,others even end up as officials !....:eek:.

Usually,every Union member starts out the same way....as a raw recruit....There is no Taliban.....not in the real world anyway

Whether you have some form of issue,or fixation with the NBRU,is not a problem,but just for clarity,how about revealing it,to give context to your OP ?

I dunno,maybe it's a Cork thing ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

In the context of the above The Masculine may be taken to include the Feminine.

You didn't answer the question. To whom are you referring?
    No need to do favours at all,as he reality is of Five different Unions,each representing groups within the Company,without which the entity could not function.

Union membership is fluid,people switch unions,or indeed stay entire working lifetimes in the one.Some members are active,some go on to act as representatives,others even end up as officials !....:eek:.

Avoiding the question I see. No surprise there. The reality is there are two main Unions, of which the NBRU are one. The other three are relatively minor. Thus focusing on the actions of the NBRU is not without merit.
    Whether you have some form of issue,or fixation with the NBRU,is not a problem,but just for clarity,how about revealing it,to give context to your OP ?

I dunno,maybe it's a Cork thing ?

What is your fixation with me?, am I not allowed mention the NBRU without having to a make a deceleration? I am allowed comment without prejudice or having to divulge anything personal about me etc... yenno, it's the whole idea of anonymity on boards.

But if you cared to read back you'll see the discussion centered on the NBRU following GM228's mention of said union a few posts back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Avoiding the question I see. No surprise there. The reality is there are two main Unions, of which the NBRU are one. The other three are relatively minor. Thus focusing on the actions of the NBRU is not without merit.

What is your fixation with me?, am I not allowed mention the NBRU without having to a make a deceleration? I am allowed comment without prejudice or having to divulge anything personal about me etc... yenno, it's the whole idea of anonymity on boards.

But if you cared to read back you'll see the discussion centered on the NBRU following GM228's mention of said union a few posts back.

No such thing as a "relatively minor" union within Bus Éireann,they all stand together,as they should.

This idea of one union being more important than the other is rubbish, each one has the power to bring out an entire company at the end of the day.

Look at it this way, take the TSSA for example, one of the smallest unions in Ireland with only 743 members nationally. If they strike tomorrow members of SIPTU, the NBRU and the TEEU would not pass their pickets tomorrow, power would not be by numbers but via support - legal protections aside that is the reality of the power they have, you could have a union of 100,000 or a union of 100 and they both can do the same damage.

It's also worth noting that the TEEU is a much bigger union than the NBRU.

My "He" reference is to yourself,as it was your post I was reading (Apologies if your are not male)

No avoidance whatever,in fact I'm pointing out the reality of a group of Unions,each of which,as is being pointed out by others,is quite capable of mounting an independent campaign based upon the wishes of their own members.
    You are of course entitled to comment far and wide,I'm not at all concerned about your details,however since you chose to equate the NBRU (and,I'm assuming,it's entire BE membership of c.1,200) with the Taliban,you surely cannot be surprised that others would seek to distance themselves from such stuff ?

There are many flaws and failures across the entire Industrial Relations landscape,many of which reflect human nature itself,it would be a challenge to find any Labour sector which does not have periods of conflict and disruption over time.

The current BE situation is no different,and will eventually be settled with a degree of negotiated compromise from both "sides".

Nobody will the thrown from a high building,nor will there be any public beheadings or mass executions of unbelievers,as these sanctions are not currently contained in the NBRU rules.......however,when such actions DO become NBRU policy,then feel free to be the first to say...I told you so !

Until then,we'll all have to stick with givin'out and trading barbed remarks ?

magentis wrote: »
    No such thing as a "relatively minor" union within Bus Éireann,they all stand together,as they should.
    This idea of one union being more important than the other is rubbish, each one has the power to bring out an entire company at the end of the day.

Look at it this way, take the TSSA for example, one of the smallest unions in Ireland with only 743 members nationally. If they strike tomorrow members of SIPTU, the NBRU and the TEEU would not pass their pickets tomorrow, power would not be by numbers but via support - legal protections aside that is the reality of the power they have, you could have a union of 100,000 or a union of 100 and they both can do the same damage.

It's also worth noting that the TEEU is a much bigger union than the NBRU.

Of course there are major and minor unions within Bus Éireann. Even the media refer to such... https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/members-of-bus-ireann-trade-unions-siptu-and-unite-vote-to-accept-labour-court-recommendations-35708011.html
    THE prospect of further Bus Eireann strikes has diminished after the main union narrowly backed a proposal to end a row over payroll cuts.
    Just over 53pc of Siptu members at the insolvent semi-state company have voted in favour of a Labour Court recommendation to end the dispute.
    But the threat of industrial action is not over as members of the other main union - the National Bus and Railworkers Union - will not give their verdict until next Friday.

It's common practice to refer to those who have the lions share of membership as the 'main' parties. If an agreement is made with the main unions there is pressure on the smaller parties to accept.
    My "He" reference is to yourself,as it was your post I was reading (Apologies if your are not male)

How about you refer to me directly instead of 'he' in this thread? I'm am here you know, you'd need to refer to me in the third person. It is quite rude to comment like that.
    Nobody will the thrown from a high building,nor will there be any public beheadings or mass executions of unbelievers,as these sanctions are not currently contained in the NBRU rules.......however,when such actions DO become NBRU policy,then feel free to be the first to say...I told you so !

Until then,we'll all have to stick with givin'out and trading barbed remarks ?

Please do quote me where I said the NBRU were engaging in mass executions or whatever else you have accused me of. Otherwise read again what I post for a better understanding.

• Advertisement

Of course there are major and minor unions within Bus Éireann. Even the media refer to such... https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/members-of-bus-ireann-trade-unions-siptu-and-unite-vote-to-accept-labour-court-recommendations-35708011.html

It's common practice to refer to those who have the lions share of membership as the 'main' parties. If an agreement is made with the main unions there is pressure on the smaller parties to accept.

How about you refer to me directly instead of 'he' in this thread? I'm am here you know, you'd need to refer to me in the third person. It is quite rude to comment like that.

Please do quote me where I said the NBRU were engaging in mass executions or whatever else you have accused me of. Otherwise read again what I post for a better understanding.

You endorsed a comment by someone else who said the NBRU were like the Taliban.

You said "the actions of the NBRU are like that Taliban".

What actions have been carried out by the NBRU, that are like the actions of the Taliban?

Here's a timeline of the development of the Taliban, I'm not sure the NBRU has been engaged in any similar activities, as described in the timeline

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2009/03/2009389217640837.html

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105371769&postcount=167

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105371920#post105371920

Advertisement