Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann Possible Strike

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

rebel456 wrote: »
    Of course there are major and minor unions within Bus Éireann. Even the media refer to such... https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/members-of-bus-ireann-trade-unions-siptu-and-unite-vote-to-accept-labour-court-recommendations-35708011.html

It's common practice to refer to those who have the lions share of membership as the 'main' parties. If an agreement is made with the main unions there is pressure on the smaller parties to accept.

How about you refer to me directly instead of 'he' in this thread? I'm am here you know, you'd need to refer to me in the third person. It is quite rude to comment like that.

Please do quote me where I said the NBRU were engaging in mass executions or whatever else you have accused me of. Otherwise read again what I post for a better understanding.

As far as rudeness goes,I'll freely admit you have the batin' of me there,for sure.

Is it that you consider it reasonable to compare the actions of c.1,200 Bus Eireann NBRU members,with members of the Taliban?

Do you know any of these NBRU people ?
    Have you engaged with them in an attempt to prove your comparison ?

What sort of responses were you expecting to your Taliban comparison ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Advertisement