Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2017-18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Did someone say BUST.

But seriously, why is he being allowed to shoot SIX three pointers when he's a lousy shooter.

2 of his 3's were from being given room, and then from a steal.

https://streamable.com/youyd

If this goes on, teams will just stop guarding him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I hope a day comes where people decide he isnt a good NBA player and stop talking about him.

Celtics v Warriors tonight should be a good test for both teams. If the Warriors are fully wound up id say they roll right over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

And uhhh... Lonzo Ball.

1-9 FG (0-6 3P)
    -18 +/-
    In 21 minutes.

I said before he was drafted that his best case scenario was 'poor mans Brandon Jennings" and I stand by it. If it wasn't for that mouthy idiot of a father no-one would know nor care about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The hand slapping routines the Cavs do pre game are pure cringe.
    Warriors all the way this year again. Great team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I'm in Minneapolis with work. Decided to go see the Timberwolves-Spurs game. Karl-Anthony Towns is a quality player!

Wolves fan, so Happy with the start we have had, question, been thinking of going to a wolves game and wondering on general price and is Minneapolis a nice city to visit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Gregk961 wrote: »

I hope a day comes where people decide he isnt a good NBA player and stop talking about him.

Celtics v Warriors tonight should be a good test for both teams. If the Warriors are fully wound up id say they roll right over them.
    Yea, I think it’s more of a barometer for the Celtics to see where they are at rather than the Warriors, Warriors know exactly where they are at, they will cruise through the season.
    Can’t but admire Brad Stevens and how he has consistently made the Celtics better

I was in Boston recently and went to the Celtics v Hornets game,

What an experience it was, Loved it. Watched their game on the Sunday in a Sports bar and it was a great experience too.

Do many of you watch the games live or just catch up on youtube?

Also how does one afford a season ticket there :eek: not that I know how much it it, just basing it on the price of general ticket prices.
    Got 3 season tickets to the warriors with a couple of other guys, I think it was $23000 for the season, pretty decent lower level seats. It’s more of an investment than anything, you can make a nice profit of it, only going to go to a handful of games I want to see.
    Sold my tickets for the sixers game for over $500.
    I got the xmas day game against Cavs so I will probably get double for that game if I don’t go.
    Prices are ridiculous, how an average family is supposed to go to a game is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

15-3 run for the Celtics before the half and my plan of an early night is scrapped. Jaylen Brown is everywhere. I was skeptical of getting rid of Bradley, but Brown has stepped up big time and embraces his defensive role - in a flashy way too!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Got 3 season tickets to the warriors with a couple of other guys, I think it was $23000 for the season, pretty decent lower level seats. It’s more of an investment than anything, you can make a nice profit of it, only going to go to a handful of games I want to see.
    Sold my tickets for the sixers game for over $500.
    I got the xmas day game against Cavs so I will probably get double for that game if I don’t go.
    Prices are ridiculous, how an average family is supposed to go to a game is beyond me.

Stubhub (official Sixers sponsor) are under investigation for purportedly helping professional ticket-touters using bots.
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/nov/10/stubhub-and-viagogo-offices-raided-in-ticket-touting-investigation

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Some ridiculous hometown calls and non calls in that game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

14 wins in a row!!

Some serious defense being played by the Cs. GS hadn't scored less than 97 in a game this season, only 88 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Hococop wrote: »
    Wolves fan, so Happy with the start we have had, question, been thinking of going to a wolves game and wondering on general price and is Minneapolis a nice city to visit?

I got a ticket in the upper level (6 rows from the front) for $34 for the game against the Spurs. The prices start rising sharply for the lower level.

I've been to Minneapolis six times since March :o
    It's a fairly typical non-descript American city in my opinion. It's not like NYC, Chicago, San Francisco which have nice downtown areas that you would enjoy walking around.
    There are some lovely parks and lakes on the outskirts of the city though that are all connected by bike and running paths. It's really nice during the summer... but it is getting absolutely baltic now for the winter. Like proper cold :eek:

Hazys wrote: »
    Some serious defense being played by the Cs. GS hadn't scored less than 97 in a game this season, only 88 tonight.
    Thought there was more an element of bad shot selection than outstanding defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Didn't see the game or any highlights but surprised to see the score and the box score. As a Celtics fan I'm delighted, although that game cost me gambling wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Tough performance from the Celtics last night. I thought it was more a case of Golden state not performing, and pretty much fouling their way out of the game, than Boston being great. I wouldnt say any team has beaten Golden State in the last few years shooting 30%, they more than made up for that by getting to the line 38 times.

Brown looked great again, reminds me a small bit of Kawhi in that he will no doubt be a lockdown defender and if he continues to improve his offense he will be a superstar. Played the night after a personal tragedy aswell so fair play for that.

Gregk961 wrote: »

Brown looked great again, reminds me a small bit of Kawhi in that he will no doubt be a lockdown defender and if he continues to improve his offense he will be a superstar. Played the night after a personal tragedy aswell so fair play for that.

Even more amazingly that his best friend had died the night before and he wasn't sure if he was going to play.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/11/17/jaylen-brown-helped-celtics-beat-warriors-shortly-after-friends-death/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,527 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just saw the Rockets put up 90 points in the first half against the Suns, highest number since 1990.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Just saw the Rockets put up 90 points in the first half against the Suns, highest number since 1990.

The Suns are that bad, some other team will probably top that before the season is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,935 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Bostons draft pick looks better and better. They seem to pick well rounded individuals, not causing any trouble, and fantastic players. I was sceptical of the money for Horford, but he is putting up great consistent numbers and great defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Early days but it looks like the Pacers got the better of the OKC trade. Everyone at the time thought it was a steal, but Oladipo is playing great and Sabonis is much better than anyone thought he was last season.

Don't think I've ever heard two more biased commentators than the two NBC Philadelphia guys. Actually ruining any enjoyment watching the game.

Warriors down 22 at the half, now up 10 going into the 3rd. What a team

To be fair they only woke up in the 3rd and the Sixers fell off from the high % of the 1st half.

kmart6 wrote: »
    To be fair they only woke up in the 3rd and the Sixers fell off from the high % of the 1st half.
    🀔sorry, great watching the Warriors turn it on in the 3rd and improve their defensive efforts against philly

Future should be bright in Philly, Simmons looks like a legit elite player in the making, along with Embiid, with Fultz to also come through they could be a real contender in the East in a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

kmart6 wrote: »
    Don't think I've ever heard two more biased commentators than the two NBC Philadelphia guys. Actually ruining any enjoyment watching the game.

Tommy H says hi.

Looks like the GS - PHI game was a good watch - not often you see two teams put up 47pts each in separate quarters of the same game.

On a plane to the US as I type this. Going to a Indiana and Orlando tomorrow in Orlando and then to Miami on Wednesday to see the Celtics play the Heat. Though I'm a Celtics fan, I'm a basketball fan above all so I just hope they're good games tbh. Will be strange seeing Kyrie in a Celtics uniform but looking forward to being able to cheer for him rather than hating!

Strange game tonight between Thunder and Warriors. Westbrook was determined to destroy the Warriors which they couldn't stop, although don't know who can. Spent the 4th hunting for the trouble double in a blowout. Anthony had a good night shooting, kinda tailed off a bit when it was a none contest.. Warriors were poor, turnovers killed them, were trying to push things too much.

• Advertisement

Well, I broke the Celtics steak.....:(

My trip so far: arrive Sunday, bags lost in transit, rain, fog, surprisingly good Indiana Orlando game, bags delivered to hotel and turned away by hotel as I "wasn't staying there" despite telling them the bags would be delivered by the airline (giant cock up on their part), more bad weather, and now I break the streak.

;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement