Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,585 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

weadick wrote: »
    Why do they feel the need to pander to the UK media like this? It is embarrassing...

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2017/1113/919723-u2-set-for-bbc-special/

It's basically a free ad to plug the new album and tour.
    The only reason any artist does those shows is to plug a tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Exactly.

Oasis, Foo Fighters, Status Quo, Noel and Liam Gallagher, Robert Plant etc

If you didn't do it, you'd be pretty stupid tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭weadick

I remember when U2 didnt need or want to do stuff like that. It is sad to see a bunch of men approaching 60 pandering to the teeny bopper market.

I remember when U2 didnt need or want to do stuff like that. It is sad to see a bunch of men approaching 60 pandering to the teeny bopper market.

Probably because MTV was in existence back then and people listened to the radio...

Teeny boppers watching the BBC?
    Going to have to troll a bit harder than that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZTNh7k6l3c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpZgpeFsDmk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDkou8FErnM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJBFo2RddrY

Did you forget this one?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUA8LgeLNnA

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ah bless, don't be so sad... esp. as nobody believes you...

cheer-up-charlie.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Probably because MTV was in existence back then and people listened to the radio...

Teeny boppers watching the BBC?
    Going to have to troll a bit harder than that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZTNh7k6l3c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpZgpeFsDmk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDkou8FErnM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJBFo2RddrY

Did you forget this one?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUA8LgeLNnA

FFS you can't compare the Old Grey Whistle Test with some cheap 'an audience with' style show presented by Cat Deeley. Go back to the 1990's and find U2 whoring themselves to the likes of Ant & Dec. You'll struggle to find examples because they were above it back then whereas from 1998 onwards they just became a Bon Jovi / Coldplay / Snow Patrol style band with watered down, radio friendly rock songs. I love U2 but that is a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

JKerova1 wrote: »
    ........ I love U2 but that is a fact.
    In fairness, I think you'll find its really just an opinion.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

In fairness, I think you'll find its really just an opinion.....

And you know what they say opinions are like.?

Why do people on here who clearly dilike u2 for whatever reasons waste their time. I'm not saying they are above criticism but if you're not into them I'm sure there are plenty of threads where your facts will be welcome.

JKerova1 wrote: »
    FFS you can't compare the Old Grey Whistle Test with some cheap 'an audience with' style show presented by Cat Deeley. Go back to the 1990's and find U2 whoring themselves to the likes of Ant & Dec. You'll struggle to find examples because they were above it back then whereas from 1998 onwards they just became a Bon Jovi / Coldplay / Snow Patrol style band with watered down, radio friendly rock songs. I love U2 but that is a fact.

There is nothing like the Old Grey Whistle Test anymore. The guy said they were whoring themselves out to the BBC... Unless I'm mistaken, that was a BBC production?!

This is what it is today. This is the way it is! This is the music world today.

I wish I was in their position

If people wanna sit and wait for a 60 year old man to come out in his oversized shades, leather jacket and pvc trousers, as he dad dances beside a TV screen and smokes a cigar and acts like a 28 year old, singing songs about The Edge and his ex missus and not think it's embarrassing, by all means go for it.

It ain't 1992 anymore. People get older. Plenty of younger bands in the country who are not at the level of U2 to listen to

Looks like the American pre sale has ballsed up.

People, subscribers getting e-mails saying they're not entitled to a code, despite renewing and attaching their American TM account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Looks like the American pre sale has ballsed up.

People, subscribers getting e-mails saying they're not entitled to a code, despite renewing and attaching their American TM account

I read a post on some forum that people affected could get a refund for their membership thing too.

Just read this post on U2Start

"I just got off the phone with the U2.com customer service. I can't believe this is actually true but apparently they did in fact use the BS verified fan lottery for presale tickets for fan club members. Those of us who first got the email saying you were getting a presale code and then later got the email saying they made a mistake and you're not getting a code - we are in fact shut out of the presale and will not be getting a code. The verified fan thing means that there's some arbitrary method by which you're picked - or not - to get presale access this time for this tour. So, we're not getting presale access at all. It's over."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

haha what a clusterfvk! They're a disaster!!

I read a post on some forum that people affected could get a refund for their membership thing too.

Just read this post on U2Start

"I just got off the phone with the U2.com customer service. I can't believe this is actually true but apparently they did in fact use the BS verified fan lottery for presale tickets for fan club members. Those of us who first got the email saying you were getting a presale code and then later got the email saying they made a mistake and you're not getting a code - we are in fact shut out of the presale and will not be getting a code. The verified fan thing means that there's some arbitrary method by which you're picked - or not - to get presale access this time for this tour. So, we're not getting presale access at all. It's over."

There will be absolute carnage if it happens on the European tour...

There will be absolute carnage if it happens on the European tour...

Is this the subscription presale, or the verified fan one?

It's looking like the only way forward against the touts is going back to queuing. Pre-sales just seem to be an extension of the stress of the official ticket release days!

Touts are easily stopped by making it up front at ticket purchasing "entry by ID linked to purchase only". Bands and venues don't want to bother with that though as it costs them too much to implement. Ticketmaster/Livenation are the biggest touts of all anyway with Seatwave/Viagogo so they won't be tackling the issue seriously anytime soon.

Is this the subscription presale, or the verified fan one?

It's looking like the only way forward against the touts is going back to queuing. Pre-sales just seem to be an extension of the stress of the official ticket release days!

Subscription I believe. They sent out e-mails offering refunds because people didn't get a pre sale code..

Subscription I believe. They sent out e-mails offering refunds because people didn't get a pre sale code..

A refund until they decide to renew their memberships when they were originally due I'd imagine. Thank god we only have the regular clusterfvck pre-sale here.

A refund until they decide to renew their memberships when they were originally due I'd imagine. Thank god we only have the regular clusterfvck pre-sale here.

Indeed. Although, they are saying they haven't decided what way to sell them over here yet..... :eek:

In the meantime, I might make up a NA ticketmaster account and hook it up to my subs account on U2.com and try for tickets for New York....I wouldn't use a pre sale code for anything other than Dublin

That is absolutely disgraceful if true.
    Another colossal mess of a presale by U2.

This Verified Fan thing sounds like a load of nonsense,all it does it increase the price of tickets on the secondary market .

That is absolutely disgraceful if true.
    Another colossal mess of a presale by U2.

This Verified Fan thing sounds like a load of nonsense,all it does it increase the price of tickets on the secondary market .

Someone said they got a code, despite using their JT tour presale code, when it was advertised you need to subscribe if you did use it....

• Advertisement

Someone said they got a code, despite using their JT tour presale code, when it was advertised you need to subscribe if you did use it....

That's an entirely new can of worms then. The people who's memberships weren't up until next year will go spare at that I'd say.

That's an entirely new can of worms then. The people who's memberships weren't up until next year will go spare at that I'd say.

I wonder are the band aware of this cluster****?

Uh oh.....
    Just got off the phone with u2.com customer service. For those of us that received an e-mail saying we were going to have access to pre-sale, and then another message about half an hour later saying we weren't, and it was an error. U2.com customer services is saying 'it really was an error'. Access to today's presale was like a lottery, not everyone got selected. So, I'm super pissed at the moment.......

If any of the superfans are affected then I'm sure the band will be made aware via the red telephone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Doubt it. I'd say they do know the price per square foot for Lithuanian retail property though.

The Nal wrote: »
    Doubt it. I'd say they do know the price per square foot for Lithuanian retail property though.

Have to say, this is absolutely disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Redo91

Is it too late to claim our free gift for subscribing last year?

The Nal wrote: »

Genuine LOL :D

Had a quick look at the ticket prices for New York and New York ,needless to say they are outrageous.
    Most of the side seats upper and lower are 330 usd plus fees.
    Seats at either end with limited views of the screen are much more reasonable .

Strangely enough Standing tickets are not credit card entry ,so much for trying to stop the touts !

• Advertisement

Had a quick look at the ticket prices for New York and New York ,needless to say they are outrageous.
    Most of the side seats upper and lower are 330 usd plus fees.
    Seats at either end with limited views of the screen are much more reasonable .

Strangely enough Standing tickets are not credit card entry ,so much for trying to stop the touts !

Christ... It's almost like whoever is in charge went "OK we are doing some things wrong, now let's make them worse"

Advertisement