Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

JKerova1 wrote: »
    U2.com just sent out an email for a draw for front row tickets to a special 40 minute show in Trafalgar Square this weekend.

Ah lads, im in London on Saturday an all. Will be extra disappointing when I definitely dont win!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

I am confused about the verified subscriber thingy... It's saying the following:

"Connect your North America Ticketmaster account to your U2.com account. If you don't already have one, you can create one here."

Why the hell would I want a North America Ticketmaster account?? I'm in Ireland!

Any ideas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

ah ya you can just ignore that for the time being, just for the upcoming US pre-sale. Irish one won't be on til new year, might not even have that verified thingie.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Pity they didnt release the Kygo version of Best Thing as the main single, it is superior to the band version I think.

https://www.tf1.fr/tf1/nrj-music-awards/videos/u2-kygo-you-re-the-best-thing-about-me.html

Good to see Bono hopping and lepping about the place again like he used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Just got another email from u2.com warning that I won't be eligible for presale tickets for the new tour unless I renew and become a verified customer. Wtf. So is everyone renewing

• Advertisement

No Trafalgar Square tickets for me anyway. : (

Yeah sorry mate, I tried on your behalf too but had no luck either! Maybe if yer in town anyway you could swan on down and maybe blag your way in.

Yeah sorry mate, I tried on your behalf too but had no luck either! Maybe if yer in town anyway you could swan on down and maybe blag your way in.

Ah cheers! Yeah, I'll take a stroll in and might hopefully find a spot where I can listen at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,055 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm subscribed until Sep 2018 so set up my pre sale account there and phone number etc. I don't want to be receiving texts at all hours of the morning if there going by US time. Why can't we use our normal Irish TM account??

That's only for the US leg. If you don't want to partake in that, just unlink it to the US ticketmaster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

I'm in the innocence pre sale group ffs :D

idiots, nothing innocent about you! :pac:

idiots, nothing innocent about you! :pac:

When you're from Navan, it's the highest of insults :D

I'm assuming the verified Ticketmaster thing is only for American dates?

If so, I'll just try as normal for New York and keep my pre sale code for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Isn't it pretty stingy that U2. Com are making people who are already subscribed re-suscribe to access this pre sale.

I thought one of the main incentives of been a u2. Com subscriber is you get access to all the pre sales!?

I have 3 or 4 months left on my current subscription, presumably if I was to renew now I would lose that and be issued another 12 month window. Seems a bit of a racket to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Isn't it pretty stingy that U2. Com are making people who are already subscribed re-suscribe to access this pre sale.

I thought one of the main incentives of been a u2. Com subscriber is you get access to all the pre sales!?

I have 3 or 4 months left on my current subscription, presumably if I was to renew now I would lose that and be issued another 12 month window. Seems a bit of a racket to me!

Agreed! Their email said that my account isn't eligible for the presale as I used the code for the recent tour. That really shouldn't have any bearing if my subscription is still live (which it is until mid January).

I'd usually defend most things that the band do, but making people renew their fanclub membership early to access new tickets is taking the piss!

It's really dodgy. Loads of US fans are being asked to sign up again even though their current sub is active. It's not their fault U2 decided on back to back tours. They should have re-issued those loyal fans pre-sale codes.

They really don't do themselves any favours, but I guess they are so far from any of these decisions that ignorance is bliss in their minds.

It's really dodgy. Loads of US fans are being asked to sign up again even though their current sub is active. It's not their fault U2 decided on back to back tours. They should have re-issued those loyal fans pre-sale codes.

They really don't do themselves any favours, but I guess they are so far from any of these decisions that ignorance is bliss in their minds.

Pretty much. I know Larry Mullen took an interest in it years ago but, these days, I highly doubt Bono and the rest are going, "Charge them! Charge them all!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

U2.com is run by Livenation who own Ticketmaster and are U2's promoter.
    U2 made their intentions known when they appointed Guy Oseary as their manager and signed a 10 year deal with Livenation.
    That deal is ending in 2 years time so Livenation are trying to recoup every cent that they can .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,621 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

And you're surprised? U2 are business masquerading as a rock band. Their goal is to make as much money as possible. Like any other business. And they're very good at it. Fair play to them.

They're more interested in Lithuanian shopping centres than music. They're the most pathetically un rock and roll band in the world. The new Black Eyed Peas.

:pac: You've gone full Liam Gallagher now The Nal! But you do have a point for sure. They're much more evil empire than the resistance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The Nal wrote: »
    And you're surprised? U2 are business masquerading as a rock band. Their goal is to make as much money as possible. Like any other business. And they're very good at it. Fair play to them.

They're more interested in Lithuanian shopping centres than music. They're the most pathetically un rock and roll band in the world. The new Black Eyed Peas.

They made it perfectly clear that money was their God when they appointed Oseary as manager .

This is the same guy who alienated so many of Madonnas fans with outrageous ticket prices and prompted Madonna to say the famously humble quote.
    Start saving your pennies now. People spend $300 on crazy things all the time, things like handbags. So work all year, scrape the money together and come to my show. I’m worth it.

The boys are charging more than 300 dollars now but at least Bono actually sings live and the boys turn up on time.

It's a difficult one. If we were in their shoes, would we not do the same? The further you get, the richer you get, the more people that are on the payroll dependent on you, the more you wanna be the best at all things at once, including $$$$$$$. I think they got the balance wrong, and selling their soul to LiveNation caused that, but LiveNation has such an unbelievable hold on the music industry that it's nigh on impossible to go against them.

For example, LiveNation hold the keys to most of the world's top venues. You go against them, you can't play there.

It's a difficult one. If we were in their shoes, would we not do the same? The further you get, the richer you get, the more people that are on the payroll dependent on you, the more you wanna be the best at all things at once, including $$$$$$$. I think they got the balance wrong, and selling their soul to LiveNation caused that, but LiveNation has such an unbelievable hold on the music industry that it's nigh on impossible to go against them.

For example, LiveNation hold the keys to most of the world's top venues. You go against them, you can't play there.

Yeah right, as if LiveNation are going to blacklist the biggest (ish) touring band of all time.

Its not a difficult one really.

Yeah right, as if LiveNation are going to blacklist the biggest (ish) touring band of all time.

Its not a difficult one really.

Pretty sure they would, and did, with Pearl Jam if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

Ah cheers! Yeah, I'll take a stroll in and might hopefully find a spot where I can listen at least!

It will be interesting to see if any of the usual suspects 'got lucky' in the ballot

Pretty sure they would, and did, with Pearl Jam if I remember correctly.

Nah that was Ticketmaster, pre Live Nation days and it was all coming from the band.

lazer.blue wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if any of the usual suspects 'got lucky' in the ballot

I checked a couple of them on twitter and of course they have "been successful" :pac:

Some of them probably have around 10+ U2.com accounts to buy their endless pre sale tickets anyway....

Not having that.

I'm sexually attracted to Fergie. I can confirm I am not sexually attracted to any members of U2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Wooderson

U2 tax affairs not ok. Roger Waters miming ok. Got it.

• Advertisement

Wait, so the subscribers only are allowed buy two tickets with their code?!

**** off

Advertisement