Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

I got e-mail for the pre sale, I didn't register for it :{ ticket prices are crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

If Bono spent half as much time on sorting his fans' ticket access as he did on saving the world, the world would be a better place :pac:

They are a joke in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Redo91 wrote: »
    Is it too late to claim our free gift for subscribing last year?

Nope, I only just did mine. Didn't even realise it had to be claimed, I thought it was the prints that arrived in the post back when I first signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

That new song American Soul is alright. Not sure what to expect from the album really, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    That new song American Soul is alright. Not sure what to expect from the album really, though!

I've managed to avoid it so far. I'm not too big a fan of hearing a rake of songs from an album before release date anymore. I'm happy enough with the other 3 until I get the big disc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Its a rework of their song "Glastonbury" from a few years back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Hooks Golf Handicap

Its a rework of their song "Glastonbury" from a few years back.

It reuses the "You are Rock n' Roll" refrain from Volcano as part of it's chorus.
    I think it works well.

4 star review in Mojo today too.

DPD1qocWsAEgD36.jpg:large

The reviewer says it's their finest work this century.

Not sure about Bono’s new tatts!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

It reuses the "You are Rock n' Roll" refrain from Volcano as part of it's chorus.
    I think it works well.

4 star review in Mojo today too.

The reviewer says it's their finest work this century.

They're on the payroll. Mojo said the same about the last album. "their best and most thematically complete album since Achtung Baby".

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

The Nal wrote: »
    They're on the payroll. Mojo said the same about the last album. "their best and most thematically complete album since Achtung Baby".

giphy.gif

True though is it not?

There is a theme on Achtung Baby and there is a theme on SOI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

True though is it not?

There is a theme on Achtung Baby and there is a theme on SOI.

Achtung Baby is a masterpiece ,U2's best album ,not a weak song on it .
    SOI is vastly inferior.

I will wait until I hear the album in full a number of times before making up my mind,I dont trust any magazine reviews ,too many of them are paid off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jsms88

Is it time to make a new thread? Nobody here is discussing the Joshua Tree tour anymore... :-\

Achtung Baby is a masterpiece ,U2's best album ,not a weak song on it .
    SOI is vastly inferior.

I will wait until I hear the album in full a number of times before making up my mind,I dont trust any magazine reviews ,too many of them are paid off.

That's all well and good but, where did I say SOI was as good as Achtung Baby?

All I said was that both have a theme throughout the album. Is that not true?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

is it too late to renew membership for the European presales?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Wheety wrote: »
    is it too late to renew membership for the European presales?

I doubt it going by the JT Tour. I subscribed just before the pre-sale.

Worth noting that on the day of the pre-sale you could actually subscribe while purchasing the tickets so technically there was no need to subscribe in advance at all.

They have abandoned the Verified Fan nonsense in the US and put most of the dates on general sale.
    No surprise that only one venue ,Montreal has sold out (it wasnt played on the Joshua Tree tour) as the ticket prices are extortion .
    The band are getting alot of heat on social media and fan forums about the ticket prices and general ticket buying experience and rightly so ,it has been a colossal cock up.

They better take heed and lower the prices for us over here .

They have abandoned the Verified Fan nonsense in the US and put most of the dates on general sale.
    No surprise that only one venue ,Montreal has sold out (it wasnt played on the Joshua Tree tour) as the ticket prices are extortion .
    The band are getting alot of heat on social media and fan forums about the ticket prices and general ticket buying experience and rightly so ,it has been a colossal cock up.

Ticketmaster are reselling tickets for $838 :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ticketmaster are reselling tickets for $838 :eek::eek::eek::eek:

It was 370 dollars face value for nosebleed seats!

It was 370 dollars face value for nosebleed seats!

I had tickets for 46 dollars yesterday. Decided against it.

They're (Ticketmaster) reselling those for $127 and the 370 dollar ones are now going for between 600 and 800 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Considering the current "oh, tax evaders/U2 are so lame/Bono you hypocrite" mob opinion that a lot seem to have, monstrous ticket prices would only result in The Journal.ie comments section to "break the internet"

• Advertisement

In fairness their GA tickets here are always cheaper than most comparative bands. However the seating is definitely getting very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

jsms88 wrote: »
    Is it time to make a new thread? Nobody here is discussing the Joshua Tree tour anymore... :-\

Yep indeed it is.

New thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,836 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looks like the tour may return for 2019 down under

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxh8_MGFU9C/?igshid=24a5stiezns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭fafy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Looks like the tour may return for 2019 down under

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxh8_MGFU9C/?igshid=24a5stiezns

2019 Joshua Tree Tour- being announced shortly:

Expected dates of gigs are early to mid November/December this year.

Expected cities are here, mostly two gigs per city, depends on demand.
    Hardly a surprise seeing as they have not played Australia/New Zealand since 2010, & last Japan gig was 2006

New Zealand first- Auckland only

Australia-Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney & Perth

Singapore

Japan- Tokyo only

South Korea - Seoul only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭fafy

Tour now announced, more dates to be added:
    https://www.u2.com/news/title/the-joshua-tree-tour-2019-

Scooe for Extra nights to be added if first night sell out.

Singapore will get at least one gig, but not announced yet, as Perth sales, will determine if they play 2 nights there, and if they do, that impacts the first night in Singapore.

I’d say its been called JT, as that will make sure of strong sales, should sell very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

fafy wrote: »
    Tour now announced, more dates to be added:
    https://www.u2.com/news/title/the-joshua-tree-tour-2019-

Scooe for Extra nights to be added if first night sell out.

Singapore will get at least one gig, but not announced yet, as Perth sales, will determine if they play 2 nights there, and if they do, that impacts the first night in Singapore.

I’d say its been called JT, as that will make sure of strong sales, should sell very well.

Delighted to see they haven’t called a t a day just yet 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 37,836 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tour returning this week with shows down under, Japan, South Korea, Singapore,Philippines and India

Aukland on the 8th Nov with the tour ending in Mumbai on the 15th Dec

I wonder will they change the setlist and have some SOE songs in it

Deff one of the best setlists and stages from u2 I saw live

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

**Awaits Pearl Jam thread bump**

Ticket sales for the Australian and New Zealand gigs are pretty terrible.
    The second night in Auckland will be a ghost town ,they've sold less than 30% of the seats .
    In Adelaide they have moved the stage up the pitch to shorten the standing area and closed sections of seats .
    The initial ticket prices were outrageous ,they have slashed prices in alot of venues to shift seats ,some seats that were 362 AUD are now 66 AUD.
    The band obviously havent learnt their lesson from the previous US leg of the tour .

The locals are not happy with the self appointed lunatics giving out line numbers ,they started their bull**** queue on Sunday ,5 days before the concerts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

My favourite ever u2 moment from Sydney, amazing

Advertisement