Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tears for fears 3 Arena, May 2nd 2018

• 27-10-2017 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭

Tears for fears with special guest Alison Moyet in the 3 Arena on Wednesday May 02nd. Tickets on sale Friday 3rd November 9am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Imagine this will sell poorly and prob be priced €100+ ??

Even though I wasant around when these lads had there hay day i quite like some of there songs and I might try and go to this but if it's too pricey I might think twice about it. Would a smaller venue like the Bord Gais or Olympia be more suited ??

**** didn't knw half of Yazoo are supporting

Ticket Prices
    €56.65 - €65.45

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

They seem to only play 12/13 songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

on bbc interactive on FTA,they did a studio gig and they are quite good still but my god have they aged,it was repeated every night this week

They play the classics though

There songs reminds me of Xmas Party playlists as there almost always on It esp Shout, head over heels and EWTRTW

It will be good night I'd say in May

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

16 last night, past ones were less alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

Got tickets this morning, looking forward to this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The new tune is very catchy ,I Love You But I'm Lost.
    Its going to be on the upcoming Greatest Hits album.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

Zardoz wrote: »
    The new tune is very catchy ,I Love You But I'm Lost.
    Its going to be on the upcoming Greatest Hits album.

It is released today.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Is standing sold out for this? Not showing on Ticketmaster at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Is standing sold out for this? Not showing on Ticketmaster at the moment.
    No way to tell really, if you look back in previous threads on 3arena gigs you will see standing tickets were held back, preusmably scaring fans into buying crap seats which might not otherwise sell. With some gigs it might take a few days before standing are sold again.

https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/tears-for-fears-rule-the-world-dublin-05-02-2018/event/1800535BD879FC5C

I wonder how this is selling ???

could be only a few hundred at it

I remember I was at a Nickelback show in the 3arena in 2016 and both the higher tier seating and the back of the standing area was curtained off. Could be the same for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lc180

PTH2009 wrote: »

I remember I was at a Nickelback show in the 3arena in 2016 and both the higher tier seating and the back of the standing area was curtained off. Could be the same for this

I think it's safe to say they'll be more that a 'few hundred' at it...
    Judging by availability on TM, standing and lower tiers are sold out with only upper tiers still on sale.

lc180 wrote: »
    I think it's safe to say they'll be more that a 'few hundred' at it...
    Judging by availability on TM, standing and lower tiers are sold out with only upper tiers still on sale.

not expecting that, didnt think they were that popular

I was born in 1989 so would not of been around for there hayday but there songs are timeless and it will be a decent show. Alison Moyett from Yazoo will be good too (i imagine she will sing Women in Chains with TFF ??)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Yeah, but nickleback are ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

hmmmm seriously considering going to this gig. Love tears for fears Price is not too bad either.

lukesmom wrote: »
    hmmmm seriously considering going to this gig. Love tears for fears Price is not too bad either.

only started listening seriously to tff a few years ago there music is so catchy and it will be a decent gig. The support act was the singer of Yazoo so more golden 80s stuff before hand. I was only born in 1989 so I'll prob be one of the young folk there

Should it be Tears for fears supporting Alison Moyet ?? Not the other way around

Actually looking forward to the gig on May 2nd, prob be nothing earth shattering but hopefully a good evening of music

Only 3 weeks away

They added this album on Spotify and they sound quite good, think it was recorded recently

https://open.spotify.com/album/3tfJl5AqbgAMrU8DcmaFn5?si=8Dd9f6hnSiC2eSyh3RI96g

Tears for Fears have been forced to postpone their forthcoming sold out UK & Ireland arena tour due to unforeseen health concerns and doctor’s orders.
    RESCHEDULED DATE, @3arenadublin, 31 JANUARY 2019. Tickets for 2018 remain valid for that city’s rescheduled 2019 show. https://t.co/QwaqGKfT4h

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Disappointed but it must be fairly serious. Hope the lads are ok.

Ah balls

Bought a bus ticket for the day and everything. I wonder could they refund it ???

No mention of refund in the TM email

No mention of refund in the TM email

It's been rescheduled so you'll probably need to request a refund if the new date doesn't suit.

It's been rescheduled so you'll probably need to request a refund if the new date doesn't suit.

How

Going to go for a refund and get ticket just before new date if it suites

How

Contact TM customer support

Contact TM customer support

Sent off an email not sure was it the right address

Replied to the TM customer support email about the date change ?

anyone have the actual email address for TM ??

cant find it anywhere on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Ah balls

Bought a bus ticket for the day and everything. I wonder could they refund it ???
    If it was with Bus Eirean, then they will refund, but they'll charge €5 for processing. I had to do this when Erasure postponed their show in January and I eventually got the refund after about 6 weeks!!

• Advertisement

kmurph wrote: »
    If it was with Bus Eirean, then they will refund, but they'll charge €5 for processing. I had to do this when Erasure postponed their show in January and I eventually got the refund after about 6 weeks!!

I'll email them and see

Advertisement