Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tears for fears 3 Arena, May 2nd 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,878 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

cant find a cheap ticket anywhere so will have too go for a full price one. I avoided done deal etc as it could be a scam

Got a refund on my original ticket when it was postponed last may and didnt intend going to the new date but thanks too ozzy osbourne and having the day off work im going now

Should be a good gig and i hope too christ they make it up from Kerry ok and dont have a row and cancel again. at 29 ill prob be the youngest person at the gig :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'm in two minds about going now. My lift has fallen through so it's probably not worth the hassle at all with the weather and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tamara25

Heading up myself also with my daughter. Really looking forward to it. Can’t wait to hear ‘everybody wants to rule the world & hopefully they will sing ‘advice for the young at heart’. Staying in the Gibson, does anyone know how far from city center we are?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

tamara25 wrote: »
    Heading up myself also with my daughter. Really looking forward to it. Can’t wait to hear ‘everybody wants to rule the world & hopefully they will sing ‘advice for the young at heart’. Staying in the Gibson, does anyone know how far from city center we are?

You're in it really. It's about a five minute luas down to O'Connell Street. It's walkable too but with the cold you might want to get the luas.

Not too far just get the luas into Abbey St

Feck it I'll go im in 2 minds all day. I'll just get the 3pm bus up and go straight too arena limit the spending lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Not too far just get the luas into Abbey St

Feck it I'll go im in 2 minds all day. I'll just get the 3pm bus up and go straight too arena limit the spending lol

If you don't go, you'll regret it when you see the comments after and when you're sitting at home. It'll be great.

Although I have a personal dislike for you because at 33 I thought I would be the youngest :)

Thanks, appreciate your replies! Hope we all have a great night!!!

Will buses even be leaving the city tomorrow night with the weather expected?

They will 100% be playing it. Had a look at some setlists earlier.

Brilliant, can’t wait

• Advertisement

If you don't go, you'll regret it when you see the comments after and when you're sitting at home. It'll be great.

Although I have a personal dislike for you because at 33 I thought I would be the youngest :)

Ticket bought Block K row 53

Surprised only back tier tickets for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭fafy

Tried searching for last nights INEC Kilarney setlist for TFF, but nada, anyone have a link to it,

Looking forward to this one, Sowing The Seeds.. is a class album

fafy wrote: »
    Tried searching for last nights INEC Kilarney setlist for TFF, but nada, anyone have a link to it,

Looking forward to this one, Sowing The Seeds.. is a class album

The Kerry gig was tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭fafy

The Kerry gig was tonight

Oops !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Enjoyable but short gig tonight in Killarney.
    The setlist was almost identical to their last gig in London in 2017.
    They played for just under 90 minutes and played most of the hits, Woman in Chains was omitted from the encore though.
    Vocals were a bit iffy for the first few songs but improved.
    Sadly there is clearly friction between Roland and Kurt, there was zero interaction on stage.
    Very small crowd, upper sections were closed.
    Great to see them up close, had a front row seat right in the middle.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Enjoyable but short gig tonight in Killarney.
    The setlist was almost identical to their last gig in London in 2017.
    They played for just under 90 minutes and played most of the hits, Woman in Chains was omitted from the encore though.
    Vocals were a bit iffy for the first few songs but improved.
    Sadly there is clearly friction between Roland and Kurt, there was zero interaction on stage.
    Very small crowd, upper sections were closed.
    Great to see them up close, had a front row seat right in the middle.

Maybe it was a type of warm up gig ??

Are the lads having a big tiff again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Was yazoo doing warm up gigg?

As much as I like tff I've seen a few live Giggs on YouTube and i didnt think they were great and i always felt they didnt have much stage presence between them and obviously judging by tonight's performance I was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The lack of engagement between them is kind of obvious, but it doesn't detract from the show. There were a handful of brief moments tonight where they kind of shared a jokey moment, but they're few and far between. I really enjoyed the gig, though, and while it does seem on the short side, it's very much quality over quantity. I mean, I'd love to hear The Hurting, but I certainly wasn't expecting it. Delighted I went. I preferred it to their Vicar Street show.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Was Alison Moyet with them in Killarney too? It’s a pity that the 2 guys aren’t seeing eye to eye but if there putting on a good show for the fans that’s all that matters! I love all the 80’s music, best decade ever if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Was Alison Moyet with them in Killarney too? It’s a pity that the 2 guys aren’t seeing eye to eye but if there putting on a good show for the fans that’s all that matters! I love all the 80’s music, best decade ever if you ask me.

No. Alison Moyet wasn't in Killarney, but there was never any suggestion that she would be.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭yknaa

Any set times yet for tonight I wonder? Thanks.

yknaa wrote: »
    Any set times yet for tonight I wonder? Thanks.

Yazoo-1 😂- 19.30
    TFF- 20.35

Yazoo? Vince Clarke is there too?

Yazoo? Vince Clarke is there too?

Nah only a joke but Moyet will do a few yazoo songs I'll say

"Alison Moyet's Yazoo"

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

Any more feedback on their gig in Killarney last night

I wouldn't worry too much, they are really great live. Can't wait now.

I wouldn't worry too much, they are really great live. Can't wait now.

saw a pic of instagram last night, Roland has his hair tied up. Its better down

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtRiEX-Hb5s/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Zardoz

saw a pic of instagram last night, Roland has his hair tied up. Its better down

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtRiEX-Hb5s/

I got a shock when I saw him ,he looks to have aged about 10 years in the last few years,his hair is grey now.

Advertisement