Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibrahim Halawa acquited(mod warning in op-Heed it)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

bajer101 wrote: »
    Wrong place at the wrong time? He was exactly where he wanted to be, doing exactly what he was dispatched to do. Addressing the MB rallies.

Woosh!...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

Wrong place at the wrong time? He was exactly where he wanted to be, doing exactly what he was dispatched to do. Addressing the MB rallies.

I'm just genuinely confused, even this one article was confusing.
    According to Somaia, the siblings were out of the political loop when they landed. She had just finished her Montessori studies and was hoping to gain some teaching experience in Egypt that summer; another sister had applied for a place on an art course. “All of a sudden, the coup happened,” Somaia recalls, “and we felt, this is not right.”
    On Facebook on July 28th, Omaima Halawa wrote: “I’m still [in Rabaa] and will be until our democracy is back, until our religion is no longer attacked . . . because we only fear Allah not bullets.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/ibrahim-halawa-the-inside-story-1.2310182?mode=amp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

The authorities should keep a discreet eye on him and his family just to be sure to be sure .

Hmmm, the Rabaa Square massacre, alot of people overlooking this it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

When the media told us that he was just randomly caught up in a protest

When they told us he was on a hunger strike

When his sisters presented a paper machete bouquet of the Irish flag made by Ibrahim in prison

When Ibrahim said he knows nothing of the Muslim Brotherhood

When Ibrahim said he got shot and cannot close his hand.

The-lie-detector.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Not sure what you mean?

I think you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

This is another Irish man who was kept under terrible conditions for 4 and half years quite the contrast!
    https://twitter.com/thepainterflynn/status/900641021914222592

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

222233 wrote: »
    I think he came across really, really well on the late late show. I suppose at 17 none of us really knew what we were up to.
    yabbav wrote: »
    I take it you are being sarcastic

Look at the Holy Islamic Trinity that thanked the post, including the one that shouts Allah Akbar at European airports, tells you all you need to know. They'll excuse anything. Every single 17 year old in Ireland would know what ISIS and the IRA are and by the same token I'm sure every 17 year old Egyptian Muslim (he himself identifies as Egyptian, as well as Irish) knows who ISIS and the MB are. But nah, he was 17, basically an amoeba sure.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Lucinda Creighton doesn’t believe his story.

Delighted #IbrahimHalawa is finally free. But his story about going to the cinema & just ending up preaching to a rally of 20K pro #Morsi Muslim Brotherhood supporters is simply not credible, esp given family links to ECFR & al Qaradawi #LateLate

Read that as family links to EOTR :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

there is no evidence to prove that claim. he simply addressed a pro-democracy rally as far as he was concerned. the egyptian authorities believe his story to be as he said it, seeing as all the charges against him were thrown out due to no evidence. as it stands, he is innocent of all allegations.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

he is innocent of all allegations.

Nope,wrong again.
    Hes not guilty of allegations brought before the Egyptian courts,not ALL allegations.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Nope,wrong again.
    Hes not guilty of allegations brought before the Egyptian courts,not ALL allegations.

he is not guilty of any of the allegations made against him until proven otherwise in a court of law.

he is not guilty of any of the allegations made against him until proven otherwise in a court of law.

So you were wrong,fair play finally admitting your mistakes.

So you were wrong,fair play finally admitting your mistakes.

which mistakes? what was i wrong on? both posts of mine stated he isn't guilty of anything. if there is evidence he has commited any crime then he should be charged and brought to court, but until then he is not guilty of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Just caught up with the RTE player.

Now in fairness he should have been emaciated and traumatised after four years in an Egyptian prison. Correct?

Looked great, and well fed to me, and certainly not traumatised. But what do I know about Egyptian prisons and Baksheesh. Well nothing really.

which mistakes? what was i wrong on? both posts of mine stated he isn't guilty of anything. if there is evidence he has commited any crime then he should be charged and brought to court, but until then he is not guilty of anything.

You said he was innocent of ALL allegations....you have no possible way of knowing that.
    Like I said before,not guilty of allegations brought before Egyptian courts,not ALL allegations.
    So yes you are wrong,as usual.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057805033

Go see if you find yourself being described in this thread,Im done with your bollox.

Just caught up with the RTE player.

Now in fairness he should have been emaciated and traumatised after four years in an Egyptian prison. Correct?

Looked great, and well fed to me, and certainly not traumatised. But what do I know about Egyptian prisons and Baksheesh. Well nothing really.

Did you see where he showed Ryan how he can't close his hand all the way ? But then a few minutes later closed his hand all the way.

DNy4iWyV4AA0Dc8.jpg

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057805033

Go see if you find yourself being described in this thread,Im done with your bollox.

Post 41 is interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

^^^
    Tubridy healed him.

• Advertisement

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    ^^^
    Tubridy healed him.

I suppose if anyone would be in the know, it's you Father.

At this stage they should look up the urban dictionary for "Beards"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Omackeral wrote: »
    Did you see where he showed Ryan how he can't close his hand all the way ? But then a few minutes later closed his hand all the way.

DNy4iWyV4AA0Dc8.jpg
    Hal Al Lula .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

You said he was innocent of ALL allegations....you have no possible way of knowing that.
    Like I said before,not guilty of allegations brought before Egyptian courts,not ALL allegations.
    So yes you are wrong,as usual.

There are some to will deny everything despite evidence to the contrary. They claim because he was not convicted that nothing happned at all.

Therefore I have fixed the previous statement made by eotr-just in case there would be any doubt. The playing with and substituting of words such as "charges" for "allegations" is so very transparent.
    There is ample evidence that IH attended and personally addresed the MB orgainised protests in Egypt - loosley disguised as pro-democracy rallies. No amount of whataboutery of what charges were or were not made by the Egyptian government can change the video evidence that this is the case.

Well no matter what he certainly didn't look like a jailbird to me. Sunken cheeks, bad skin, etc. No.

Was all paid for to get him out I reckon but anyway.

So, now that he is sorted, the girls are on another mission. look it up re their husbands.

Fk sake this country will never be good enough for them all, so why the heck are they still here. Why don't the female cohort join their husbands abroad. Just baffled sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Just watched it there.

He was lying through his teeth about how he got involved "I was at the cinema, didn't know what was going on and because my two friends were shot dead I got up on a stage at a pro democracy rally"...
    A lot of detail on jail, very sketchy on how.he ended up there.
    "I went on hungry strike loads of times, once because I didn't like the colour of my cell" FFS

That said, I don't think he's the brains of the operation, more a kid used by someone...for a cause
    I'd like nothing more then to let him slip into obscurity, and get on with his life. Unfortunately I fear it's not the last we've heard of this family and their odious values

gozunda wrote: »
    It's a miracle! Halaluja Allahu akbar ...

What do you think you're doing? Save that stuff for the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dreamliner

no matter how hard people on here try to hide it the racism is blatant, if it isn't a direct attack on the individual it's a joke about Islam. Can't any of you have any basic respect? Were ye not taught that?

I went to the same school as Ibrahim at the holy rosary in firhouse, he was brought up like any other Irish teenager. If you ever met him i can guarantee you will all have different opinions. I rarely ever comment on boards and have been a casual observer of this thread until now, but the level of nonsense is quite high.

Can someone tell me how they have concluded he was purposely sent there on a "mission"? I distinctly remember his facebook posts when he went, it was all about a holiday, pictures of the plane, airport, arriving with his family and friends there etc, so please lay off with the absolutely unfounded nonsense about the purpose of his trip.

As for those claiming he is not Irish, if he had scored the winning goal at the aviva to get Ireland to the world cup ... would he not be Irish? Do me a favour.

there is no evidence to prove that claim. he simply addressed a pro-democracy rally as far as he was concerned. the egyptian authorities believe his story to be as he said it, seeing as all the charges against him were thrown out due to no evidence. as it stands, he is innocent of all allegations.

Link? About the Egyptians believe in his story?

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »

DNy4iWyV4AA0Dc8.jpg

OHH that bullet wound, when tubs looked at it..... Tubs was like. Really?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement