Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus

• 19-09-2017 5:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Coming to PC, Xbox, and PS4 on 27 October, 2017.

The first reboot was an excellent surprise. Fantastic gameplay and a great story coupled with good humour and interesting characters. The sequel looks more of the same, which isn't a bad thing. My only concern is that they might go a little too far on the ridiculous side of things. The opening mission is BJ in a wheelchair strapped with machine guns running around a facility shooting Nazis. If that is how it starts I can only imagine where it will end! :pac:

The new gameplay trailer can be found here:

This is the original reveal trailer:

I'll be picking this up on launch day, for sure. Personally, Prey has been my single-player game of the year so far, but I reckon Wolf II will top the list by 31 December.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Can't wait. The first one was fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

lertsnim wrote: »
    Can't wait. The first one was fantastic.

Totally agree, my only concern was I couldn't get into the sequel (prequel)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Looks absolutely class. Will probably be one I won't get to until next year though - so much good stuff coming out now.

• New game-play Reveal later today....

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I broke my no pre-order rule for this one.. its gonna be quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I just hope it doesn't take up 50Gb+ like the last one!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Probably more this time..

• Beware of spoilers!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I'm pretty sure the New order was just over 40gb and the old blood about 35gb, which seems within the realms of perfectly average for a game of it's ilk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Loved New Order but I only have an xbox 360 and a pc. Play the old wolfenstein games on the pc but prefer the controller of the 360. Is an xbox one better option for playing or does anyone play on a pc??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Can you not just use a controller on your PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Using a pc contoller would probably work out a lot cheaper! I just got used to playing on a big screen! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,106 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Def getting that. Loved the last game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Out the 27th?

• Out the 27th?

Yep!!

Mario Odyssey too...my wallet is ****ed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Yep!!

Mario Odyssey too...my wallet is ****ed

A lot people won't care and will choose this over it but assassins creed origins is out the same day, If I have the cash I'll get both :D .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Decided to treat myself to the Collectors Edition of this :)

• Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Decided to treat myself to the Collectors Edition of this :)

Where? How?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wolfenstein New Order & Old Blood are a fiver each on PSN sale atm. Might have to give it a go, see what the fuss is about. Not really into Doom like shooters anymore though. (As in, I played the latest Doom demo and got bored before even finishing it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Where? How?

XB1 & PS4 ones for £59.99 at game.co.uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This'll be the first game I get for the Xbox One X to see what it can do, as it's one of the games listed for tailored enhancement! But unfortunately means I'll have to wait until mid November to actually play it.

Collectors Edition looks class. I wonder does anywhere still have it in stock.

Bought this online. Pre-order came with a free sports bag. I don't do sports but this is exciting. Probably the novelty factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Wolfenstein the new order was probably my favorite single player game in many years by far. I'll definitely be getting the new one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The 2 previous games were great but the added bonus of their pr material exposing actual nazis as the whinging fk boys that they are makes this a definite purchase.

Shiminay wrote: »
    The 2 previous games were great but the added bonus of their pr material exposing actual nazis as the whinging fk boys that they are makes this a definite purchase.

That whole twitter thing was hilarious.. nazi twats outing themselves and then crying about being called nazis..

• bigphil2 wrote: »
    That whole twitter thing was hilarious.. nazi twats outing themselves and then crying about being called nazis..

Bethesdas marketing campaign as been a PR success.
    They are actually using theses scumbags to good effect. Everyone else normal you know, that isn't a Nazi sympathizer want to buy this game even more now.

Bethesdas marketing campaign as been a PR success.
    They are actually using theses scumbags to good effect. Everyone else normal you know, that isn't a Nazi sympathizer want to buy this game even more now.

Its like that Mitchell and Webb sketch,with the 2 SS officers.. One is asking the other
    "Are we the baddies?"

• Advertisement

29 on cdkeys for pc, very tempting!

It's something like €70 on the PSN store. Annoys the hell out of me games are so expensive on PSN. Would definitely have picked it up digitally. Got the disc version for about €45 in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MARKone84

Looks outstanding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's something like €70 on the PSN store. Annoys the hell out of me games are so expensive on PSN. Would definitely have picked it up digitally. Got the disc version for about €45 in the end.

I don't understand digital. Consistently costs more than retail and you cannot reclaim any value via trade in.

If digital undercut retail (like it ****ing well should!) I'd embrace it. Can't understand the greed. "Hey, let's charge ....let's say, 20%? above retail prices for a physical copy with box and retail art and fingers crossed, people will be lazy enough to buy it because it's convenient" seems to be the argument.

Same reason I very rarely, if ever, buy games from Steam/Origin. Can't quite understand it; I feel like if digital clients offered more reasonable prices they'd clean up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I don't understand digital. Consistently costs more than retail and you cannot reclaim any value via trade in.

If digital undercut retail (like it ****ing well should!) I'd embrace it. Can't understand the greed. "Hey, let's charge ....let's say, 20%? above retail prices for a physical copy with box and retail art and fingers crossed, people will be lazy enough to buy it because it's convenient" seems to be the argument.

Same reason I very rarely, if ever, buy games from Steam/Origin. Can't quite understand it; I feel like if digital clients offered more reasonable prices they'd clean up.

I'd guess as long as MS/Sony rely on retailers to sell consoles they won't be undercutting physical games

That said I think I have bought less than 5 physical copies of games this gen across Xbox One/PS4. Between game sharing, regional shopping, cheap credit offers, buygamecredit.com it's really easy to save money.

• Advertisement

I have wolfenstein new order bought on psn for a week now and can't download it cuz Ophelia ****ed my internet. Itching to give it a go.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I have wolfenstein new order bought on psn for a week now and can't download it cuz Ophelia ****ed my internet. Itching to give it a go.

Mr Moneybags to hell with the cost

Isn't the release date 28th? You can't play it till then. Another thing annoying me that I didn't go digital is the disc will probably arrive next Tuesday. First world problems, I know.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Mr Moneybags to hell with the cost

Isn't the release date 28th? You can't play it till then. Another thing annoying me that I didn't go digital is the disc will probably arrive next Tuesday. First world problems, I know.

No, the first game, got it for a fiver, wanted to see what the whole fuss is about as the new collasus has a lot of hype around it.

Ah yeah I've been playing it again this week. Found the first one a lot more engaging than the sequel.

• gimli2112 wrote: »
    Ah yeah I've been playing it again this week. Found the first one a lot more engaging than the sequel.

?

I'm guessing you mean the mission pack the old blood?
    Mission pack is still great, short and sweet. From a narrative perspective it's not as cohesive but again it's a mission pack in it's design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Redo91

Am I right in saying the 2nd was a prequel to the 1st so you just need to have played the first to be up to speed with this?

?

I'm guessing you mean the mission pack the old blood?
    Mission pack is still great, short and sweet. From a narrative perspective it's not as cohesive but again it's a mission pack in it's design.

Yeah the old blood, I thought it was a sequel although in saying that it was pretty cheap. Never finished it but might be pretty close to the end.

• Redo91 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying the 2nd was a prequel to the 1st so you just need to have played the first to be up to speed with this?

This might sound confusing:

One is not dependent on the other. I would still play the New Order first and then play the prequel mission pack after.

There are minor spoilers in the mission pack if you play it first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Redo91

This might sound confusing:

One is not dependent on the other. I would still play the New Order first and then play the prequel mission pack after.

There are minor spoilers in the mission pack if you play it first.

Thanks. So am I right in saying you would need to play New Order before playing this?

• Redo91 wrote: »
    Thanks. So am I right in saying you would need to play New Order before playing this?

Yes, it's recommended. It's a follow on story of the new order

Achievement/Trophies list up looks pretty similar to the last game, a mix of collectibles , difficulty, kill something a certain way, max skills etc. etc.

Achievement/Trophies list up looks pretty similar to the last game, a mix of collectibles , difficulty, kill something a certain way, max skills etc. etc.

5 or 6 different difficulties and I'm hearing the uber one is that you can't save and can't die or its game over.

5 or 6 different difficulties and I'm hearing the uber one is that you can't save and can't die or its game over.

I'm guessing thats the Mein Leben one , in Old Blood that unlocked as an option when you beat it on Uber the kicker is it didn't save at all like between chapters etc. so had to be done in one sitting which is total BS :mad:

I'm guessing thats the Mein Leben one

That's the one, people were talking about it over on psn profiles, sounds like a right bitch too get!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,106 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Anybody preorder from thegamecollection ? Don’t think I will be getting it a day early as to get it for Thursday they would have had to dispatch it this morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement