Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus

• 19-09-2017 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

Coming to PC, Xbox, and PS4 on 27 October, 2017.

The first reboot was an excellent surprise. Fantastic gameplay and a great story coupled with good humour and interesting characters. The sequel looks more of the same, which isn't a bad thing. My only concern is that they might go a little too far on the ridiculous side of things. The opening mission is BJ in a wheelchair strapped with machine guns running around a facility shooting Nazis. If that is how it starts I can only imagine where it will end! :pac:

The new gameplay trailer can be found here:

This is the original reveal trailer:

I'll be picking this up on launch day, for sure. Personally, Prey has been my single-player game of the year so far, but I reckon Wolf II will top the list by 31 December.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Can't wait. The first one was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

lertsnim wrote: »
    Can't wait. The first one was fantastic.

Totally agree, my only concern was I couldn't get into the sequel (prequel)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Looks absolutely class. Will probably be one I won't get to until next year though - so much good stuff coming out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭T. Hanks

New game-play Reveal later today....

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I broke my no pre-order rule for this one.. its gonna be quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I just hope it doesn't take up 50Gb+ like the last one!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Probably more this time..

Beware of spoilers!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I'm pretty sure the New order was just over 40gb and the old blood about 35gb, which seems within the realms of perfectly average for a game of it's ilk?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Loved New Order but I only have an xbox 360 and a pc. Play the old wolfenstein games on the pc but prefer the controller of the 360. Is an xbox one better option for playing or does anyone play on a pc??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Can you not just use a controller on your PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Using a pc contoller would probably work out a lot cheaper! I just got used to playing on a big screen! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Def getting that. Loved the last game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Out the 27th?

Out the 27th?

Yep!!

Mario Odyssey too...my wallet is ****ed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Yep!!

Mario Odyssey too...my wallet is ****ed

A lot people won't care and will choose this over it but assassins creed origins is out the same day, If I have the cash I'll get both :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Decided to treat myself to the Collectors Edition of this :)

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Decided to treat myself to the Collectors Edition of this :)

Where? How?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wolfenstein New Order & Old Blood are a fiver each on PSN sale atm. Might have to give it a go, see what the fuss is about. Not really into Doom like shooters anymore though. (As in, I played the latest Doom demo and got bored before even finishing it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Where? How?

XB1 & PS4 ones for £59.99 at game.co.uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This'll be the first game I get for the Xbox One X to see what it can do, as it's one of the games listed for tailored enhancement! But unfortunately means I'll have to wait until mid November to actually play it.

Collectors Edition looks class. I wonder does anywhere still have it in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Bought this online. Pre-order came with a free sports bag. I don't do sports but this is exciting. Probably the novelty factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Wolfenstein the new order was probably my favorite single player game in many years by far. I'll definitely be getting the new one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The 2 previous games were great but the added bonus of their pr material exposing actual nazis as the whinging fk boys that they are makes this a definite purchase.

Shiminay wrote: »
    The 2 previous games were great but the added bonus of their pr material exposing actual nazis as the whinging fk boys that they are makes this a definite purchase.

That whole twitter thing was hilarious.. nazi twats outing themselves and then crying about being called nazis..

bigphil2 wrote: »
    That whole twitter thing was hilarious.. nazi twats outing themselves and then crying about being called nazis..

Bethesdas marketing campaign as been a PR success.
    They are actually using theses scumbags to good effect. Everyone else normal you know, that isn't a Nazi sympathizer want to buy this game even more now.

Bethesdas marketing campaign as been a PR success.
    They are actually using theses scumbags to good effect. Everyone else normal you know, that isn't a Nazi sympathizer want to buy this game even more now.

Its like that Mitchell and Webb sketch,with the 2 SS officers.. One is asking the other
    "Are we the baddies?"

• Advertisement

29 on cdkeys for pc, very tempting!

Advertisement