Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's something like €70 on the PSN store. Annoys the hell out of me games are so expensive on PSN. Would definitely have picked it up digitally. Got the disc version for about €45 in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MARKone84

Looks outstanding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's something like €70 on the PSN store. Annoys the hell out of me games are so expensive on PSN. Would definitely have picked it up digitally. Got the disc version for about €45 in the end.

I don't understand digital. Consistently costs more than retail and you cannot reclaim any value via trade in.

If digital undercut retail (like it ****ing well should!) I'd embrace it. Can't understand the greed. "Hey, let's charge ....let's say, 20%? above retail prices for a physical copy with box and retail art and fingers crossed, people will be lazy enough to buy it because it's convenient" seems to be the argument.

Same reason I very rarely, if ever, buy games from Steam/Origin. Can't quite understand it; I feel like if digital clients offered more reasonable prices they'd clean up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I don't understand digital. Consistently costs more than retail and you cannot reclaim any value via trade in.

If digital undercut retail (like it ****ing well should!) I'd embrace it. Can't understand the greed. "Hey, let's charge ....let's say, 20%? above retail prices for a physical copy with box and retail art and fingers crossed, people will be lazy enough to buy it because it's convenient" seems to be the argument.

Same reason I very rarely, if ever, buy games from Steam/Origin. Can't quite understand it; I feel like if digital clients offered more reasonable prices they'd clean up.

I'd guess as long as MS/Sony rely on retailers to sell consoles they won't be undercutting physical games

That said I think I have bought less than 5 physical copies of games this gen across Xbox One/PS4. Between game sharing, regional shopping, cheap credit offers, buygamecredit.com it's really easy to save money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have wolfenstein new order bought on psn for a week now and can't download it cuz Ophelia ****ed my internet. Itching to give it a go.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I have wolfenstein new order bought on psn for a week now and can't download it cuz Ophelia ****ed my internet. Itching to give it a go.

Mr Moneybags to hell with the cost

Isn't the release date 28th? You can't play it till then. Another thing annoying me that I didn't go digital is the disc will probably arrive next Tuesday. First world problems, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Moneybags to hell with the cost

Isn't the release date 28th? You can't play it till then. Another thing annoying me that I didn't go digital is the disc will probably arrive next Tuesday. First world problems, I know.

No, the first game, got it for a fiver, wanted to see what the whole fuss is about as the new collasus has a lot of hype around it.

Ah yeah I've been playing it again this week. Found the first one a lot more engaging than the sequel.

Ah yeah I've been playing it again this week. Found the first one a lot more engaging than the sequel.

?

I'm guessing you mean the mission pack the old blood?
    Mission pack is still great, short and sweet. From a narrative perspective it's not as cohesive but again it's a mission pack in it's design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭Redo91

Am I right in saying the 2nd was a prequel to the 1st so you just need to have played the first to be up to speed with this?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    ?

I'm guessing you mean the mission pack the old blood?
    Mission pack is still great, short and sweet. From a narrative perspective it's not as cohesive but again it's a mission pack in it's design.

Yeah the old blood, I thought it was a sequel although in saying that it was pretty cheap. Never finished it but might be pretty close to the end.

Redo91 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying the 2nd was a prequel to the 1st so you just need to have played the first to be up to speed with this?

This might sound confusing:

One is not dependent on the other. I would still play the New Order first and then play the prequel mission pack after.

There are minor spoilers in the mission pack if you play it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭Redo91

This might sound confusing:

One is not dependent on the other. I would still play the New Order first and then play the prequel mission pack after.

There are minor spoilers in the mission pack if you play it first.

Thanks. So am I right in saying you would need to play New Order before playing this?

Redo91 wrote: »
    Thanks. So am I right in saying you would need to play New Order before playing this?

Yes, it's recommended. It's a follow on story of the new order

Achievement/Trophies list up looks pretty similar to the last game, a mix of collectibles , difficulty, kill something a certain way, max skills etc. etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Achievement/Trophies list up looks pretty similar to the last game, a mix of collectibles , difficulty, kill something a certain way, max skills etc. etc.

5 or 6 different difficulties and I'm hearing the uber one is that you can't save and can't die or its game over.

5 or 6 different difficulties and I'm hearing the uber one is that you can't save and can't die or its game over.

I'm guessing thats the Mein Leben one , in Old Blood that unlocked as an option when you beat it on Uber the kicker is it didn't save at all like between chapters etc. so had to be done in one sitting which is total BS :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm guessing thats the Mein Leben one

That's the one, people were talking about it over on psn profiles, sounds like a right bitch too get!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Anybody preorder from thegamecollection ? Don’t think I will be getting it a day early as to get it for Thursday they would have had to dispatch it this morning.

• Advertisement

pretty sure I ordered from them, not sent yet. Friday is a terrible day for release. I'm not too pushed but it would have been nice to have it for this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Friday is a terrible day for release.

Thats the only thing thats annoyed me about this game,Friday release date..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Ordered on CDKeys. Really looking forward to my first Wolfenstein PC experience.

Why is Friday a terrible release day?
    That Friday feeling??
    No Work Saturday???

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

That Friday feeling??
    No Work Saturday???

I away for Sat/Sunday so have to wait till Monday to get stuck in :(

Disc purchased online, will probably get it next week. I could have got it digitally but didn't want to pay an extra 55% or could have got it in a bricks and mortar shop but I'm too lazy.
    Easier solution would have been just to release it on a Tuesday like any other game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Not sure it makes much difference which day they release it to be honest, I mean it they had released it this coming Tuesday you wouldn't have it until next week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

That Friday feeling??
    No Work Saturday???
    Billy86 wrote: »
    Not sure it makes much difference which day they release it to be honest, I mean it they had released it this coming Tuesday you wouldn't have it until next week anyway.
    mail-order-have-you-heard-of-it.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

My copy from thegamecollection was just dispatched so should have it by Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

My copy from thegamecollection was just dispatched so should have it by Friday

I've never used those guys but that seems like a really impressive service.

Advertisement