Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The National - Donnybrook Stadium - 15th & 16th June 2018

• 06-10-2017 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭

Following their remarkable intimate shows in Vicar Street last month, The National have announced their return to Ireland with two very special shows in Donnybrook Stadium on Friday 15th & Saturday 16th June 2018. A full line-up of special guests for each day will be revealed over the coming weeks.

Tickets go on sale Friday 13th October at 10am through www.ticketmaster.ie & usual outlets.

https://twitter.com/aikenpromotions/status/916226591595909120

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Wooderson

This is an untested venue with limited access. Highly residential. What could go wrong?

Go for the two nights lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

different support each day with The National headlining each night maybe? I wouldn't be buying a 2 day ticket without knowing what the story is and who's supporting tbh, might even hold off getting a 1-day ticket until the special guests are announced for each day.

Wooderson wrote: »
    This is an untested venue with limited access. Highly residential. What could go wrong?

not really, there have been concerts there in the past.

not really, there have been concerts there in the past.

Buble a decade ago only one in recent memory... I'd class a show here similar to Goffs. High risk of issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Peter File

Buble a decade ago only one in recent memory... I'd class a show here similar to Goffs. High risk of issues.

And very different fan bases!!.as you say its very high risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

different support each day with The National headlining each night maybe? I wouldn't be buying a 2 day ticket without knowing what the story is and who's supporting tbh, might even hold off getting a 1-day ticket until the special guests are announced for each day.

On Instagram, the band said "with a full line up of guests...
    Full lineup to be announced soon"

That would suggest 2/3 bands to me anyway. I would reckon the usual suspects, though: Lisa Hannigan, This is the Kit, etc

I'll likely hold tight 'cos I'm hoping to catch them at another festival somewhere overseas but it's an interesting proposition.

That said, going by the rate of gigs they play here, they'll likely add the Marquee to the roster and several other shows later in the year!!

with gates open from 2pm, I'd expect 3 support acts at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

The full day wouldn't work on the Friday with people working. So it might be Friday evening, then full day Saturday, a bit like Metropolis this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,015 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Will be interested to see how the gig goes in that venue. Nice outdoor size.

Utterly terrible band mind you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

The Nal wrote: »
    Will be interested to see how the gig goes in that venue. Nice outdoor size.

Utterly terrible band mind you.

You're still around trolling? Do you like any music at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Hardly have Bon Iver as part of it?

The full day wouldn't work on the Friday with people working. So it might be Friday evening, then full day Saturday, a bit like Metropolis this year.
    Metropolis tickets are different prices for different days though (€50 and €70).

for this gates open at 2pm for both days it seems and same price tickets, so can't see one day being shorter than the other. plenty of people will just take a half-day, or rock up straight after work on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

How is it any more residential than Croke Park, Lansdowne or the RDS?

15 minute walk from DART, on a very well served bus route (46a/145) or you could walk from Stephens Green in 30 minutes. Surprised at the negativity.

How is it any more residential than Croke Park, Lansdowne or the RDS?

15 minute walk from DART, on a very well served bus route (46a/145) or you could walk from Stephens Green in 30 minutes. Surprised at the negativity.

Fans in Ireland are happy with anything. Loadsa people like Slane as a venue for example... The National could play Bushy Park and people be on here "Superb venue for them. Natural amphitheatre. Hugely successful when Clayton played there in '76."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

Fans in Ireland are happy with anything. Loadsa people like Slane as a venue for example... The National could play Bushy Park and people be on here "Superb venue for them. Natural amphitheatre. Hugely successful when Clayton played there in '76."

Haha... never heard about that bushy park gig before.

http://u2theearlydayz.com/max-quad-band.html
    The Bushy Park Free concert scheduled for July 24th, was called off only one hour after it began because of adverse weather conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,015 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

sheroman01 wrote: »
    You're still around trolling? Do you like any music at all?

Yeah. Always loadsa great stuff in the charts on RTEs website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

The Nal wrote: »
    Yeah. Always loadsa great stuff in the charts on RTEs website

Why are you even here if you don't like The National?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Rubbish. Anywhere that's within half an hour walking distance from city centre should not be a problem. Start walking towards town. Taxis everywhere at 11.30 bells. 15 minutes walk brings you to canal, leeson street area. Bushy Park would be alright too. Can't get stranded there. If you leave gig, and stupidly realise that “doh, never thought of how I’m going to get home. Why is there no gold carriage waiting outside for me”, you can put one foot in front of the other and walk the 20 minutes to Rathmines. It’s really only places like Punchestown, Marley Park, Slane that have access/exit issues.

Rubbish. Anywhere that's within half an hour walking distance from city centre should not be a problem. Start walking towards town. Taxis everywhere at 11.30 bells. 15 minutes walk brings you to canal, leeson street area. Bushy Park would be alright too. Can't get stranded there. If you leave gig, and stupidly realise that “doh, never thought of how I’m going to get home. Why is there no gold carriage waiting outside for me”, you can put one foot in front of the other and walk the 20 minutes to Rathmines. It’s really only places like Punchestown, Marley Park, Slane that have access/exit issues.

Bit prickly chief. "Gold carriage!" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It can't possibly be a good venue for a gig though can it? It's as open air as a venue can be nearly, they'll have a job on the sound desk. wonder how they got the go ahead to with houses on the Anglesea road going to be hard to live in for the 2 days if not National fans..

Landsdown and Croker are big stadia that contain some of the sound. This can't in the slightest. It's an odd one, but the price of not wanting to do business with MCD I guess

Weepsie wrote: »
    It can't possibly be a good venue for a gig though can it? It's as open air as a venue can be nearly, they'll have a job on the sound desk. wonder how they got the go ahead to with houses on the Anglesea road going to be hard to live in for the 2 days if not National fans..

Landsdown and Croker are big stadia that contain some of the sound. This can't in the slightest. It's an odd one, but the price of not wanting to do business with MCD I guess
    trees on one side and a stand on the other. and one end with the stage. unless it's a particularly windy day it'll be fine.
    the Longitude area of Marley Park and the FF main stage at RHK are much bigger areas with some trees around the perimeter and I've never noticed any issues.

the Anglesea Rd residents are well used to outdoor concerts and events in the RDS a few minutes walk away, so I'm sure they'll survive.

and for access it's a brilliant venue, as outlined earlier, walking distance from the city centre, loads of bus and taxi routes nearby, as well as Luas and DART stations within walking distance too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Is it just me or are these tickets still not up on Ticketmaster? I know they aren't on sale until Friday but should the event not be listed by now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I got an email saying presale was tomorrow but it didn't mention anything about codes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭lc180

Email from who?

lc180 wrote: »
    Email from who?

I got it from Ticketmaster today

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tfarrell

I got an email too but nothing about codes... FFS ticketmaster!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

So how did the email go, have just emailed them. Had received presales before but not this one. Perhaps only for people that had interest/bought Vicar st gigs?

tfarrell wrote: »
    I got an email too but nothing about codes... FFS ticketmaster!!!!

Might not be any code, was there a link/url for the presale?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rambo9

I preordered Sleep Well Beast so surely I should get a code for presale assuming there is one? I’m on the mailing list and got nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone with the presale link? The link above says:
    Tickets are currently not available online for one of the following reasons. Please check back for availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Don't think there's any fear of this selling out anytime soon. I'd rather wait to see the full days line-up before deciding which days best to go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tfarrell

Done a countdown on ticketmaster.. then nothing... very very frustrating... waste of time!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ebowdia

Presale tickets still available using link above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭whatever76

Anyone for a Friday presale link ? Above looks to be for SAt only ? thank a mill for sharing BTW !!

whatever76 wrote: »
    Anyone for a Friday presale link ? Above looks to be for SAt only ? thank a mill for sharing BTW !!
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/1800534BFD70E204?did=elaserp

You're on my Christmas card list!!... thanks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Thanks as well!

Hard to say how quickly this will sell out. Bought 2 tics just to be safe, can't attend Sat so no need for me to wait until full line up announced. If they play the Marquee in Cork I'll just try to get tics for that as well.

Cheers,
    Pa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Managed to get a seated ticket - Do people think seated people will be able to enter the standing area?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Synergism

Are there any 2-day tickets in the presale? Or is it only single days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Synergism

Tickets sorted. Cheers for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xkat11

I read somewhere that they might come to Dublin again before the Donnybrook gig... Is there any truth to this? Cause I would rather see them on a smaller venue & sooner than June...

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Synergism wrote: »
    Tickets sorted. Cheers for the link.

Standing or seats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭dinneenp

xkat11 wrote: »
    I read somewhere that they might come to Dublin again before the Donnybrook gig... Is there any truth to this? Cause I would rather see them on a smaller venue & sooner than June...

I'd be surprised- surely it'd take away from potential punters for their Donnybrook gigs? I know they love Cork and spent a good few days there around their recent Cork gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 xkat11

Yeah you're right, it doesn't sound likely... So I will get a ticket for Friday...

Anyone who has been to the stadium, what is the best place to get a ticket for? Ticketmaster currently says block B, row F is the best available. Is that close to the stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Doola

You should be able to change the selection to Standing. When I took the Best Available option it gave me seated tickets, but I just went back and changed the selection to specifically 'Standing'

• Advertisement
Advertisement