Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National - Donnybrook Stadium - 15th & 16th June 2018

• 06-10-2017 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Following their remarkable intimate shows in Vicar Street last month, The National have announced their return to Ireland with two very special shows in Donnybrook Stadium on Friday 15th & Saturday 16th June 2018. A full line-up of special guests for each day will be revealed over the coming weeks.

Tickets go on sale Friday 13th October at 10am through www.ticketmaster.ie & usual outlets.

https://twitter.com/aikenpromotions/status/916226591595909120

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Wooderson

This is an untested venue with limited access. Highly residential. What could go wrong?

Go for the two nights lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

different support each day with The National headlining each night maybe? I wouldn't be buying a 2 day ticket without knowing what the story is and who's supporting tbh, might even hold off getting a 1-day ticket until the special guests are announced for each day.

Wooderson wrote: »
    This is an untested venue with limited access. Highly residential. What could go wrong?

not really, there have been concerts there in the past.

not really, there have been concerts there in the past.

Buble a decade ago only one in recent memory... I'd class a show here similar to Goffs. High risk of issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

Buble a decade ago only one in recent memory... I'd class a show here similar to Goffs. High risk of issues.

And very different fan bases!!.as you say its very high risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

different support each day with The National headlining each night maybe? I wouldn't be buying a 2 day ticket without knowing what the story is and who's supporting tbh, might even hold off getting a 1-day ticket until the special guests are announced for each day.

On Instagram, the band said "with a full line up of guests...
    Full lineup to be announced soon"

That would suggest 2/3 bands to me anyway. I would reckon the usual suspects, though: Lisa Hannigan, This is the Kit, etc

I'll likely hold tight 'cos I'm hoping to catch them at another festival somewhere overseas but it's an interesting proposition.

That said, going by the rate of gigs they play here, they'll likely add the Marquee to the roster and several other shows later in the year!!

with gates open from 2pm, I'd expect 3 support acts at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

The full day wouldn't work on the Friday with people working. So it might be Friday evening, then full day Saturday, a bit like Metropolis this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Will be interested to see how the gig goes in that venue. Nice outdoor size.

Utterly terrible band mind you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭sheroman01

The Nal wrote: »
    Will be interested to see how the gig goes in that venue. Nice outdoor size.

Utterly terrible band mind you.

You're still around trolling? Do you like any music at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Hardly have Bon Iver as part of it?

The full day wouldn't work on the Friday with people working. So it might be Friday evening, then full day Saturday, a bit like Metropolis this year.
    Metropolis tickets are different prices for different days though (€50 and €70).

for this gates open at 2pm for both days it seems and same price tickets, so can't see one day being shorter than the other. plenty of people will just take a half-day, or rock up straight after work on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

How is it any more residential than Croke Park, Lansdowne or the RDS?

15 minute walk from DART, on a very well served bus route (46a/145) or you could walk from Stephens Green in 30 minutes. Surprised at the negativity.

How is it any more residential than Croke Park, Lansdowne or the RDS?

15 minute walk from DART, on a very well served bus route (46a/145) or you could walk from Stephens Green in 30 minutes. Surprised at the negativity.

Fans in Ireland are happy with anything. Loadsa people like Slane as a venue for example... The National could play Bushy Park and people be on here "Superb venue for them. Natural amphitheatre. Hugely successful when Clayton played there in '76."

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭beecee

Fans in Ireland are happy with anything. Loadsa people like Slane as a venue for example... The National could play Bushy Park and people be on here "Superb venue for them. Natural amphitheatre. Hugely successful when Clayton played there in '76."

Haha... never heard about that bushy park gig before.

http://u2theearlydayz.com/max-quad-band.html
    The Bushy Park Free concert scheduled for July 24th, was called off only one hour after it began because of adverse weather conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

sheroman01 wrote: »
    You're still around trolling? Do you like any music at all?

Yeah. Always loadsa great stuff in the charts on RTEs website

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

The Nal wrote: »
    Yeah. Always loadsa great stuff in the charts on RTEs website

Why are you even here if you don't like The National?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Rubbish. Anywhere that's within half an hour walking distance from city centre should not be a problem. Start walking towards town. Taxis everywhere at 11.30 bells. 15 minutes walk brings you to canal, leeson street area. Bushy Park would be alright too. Can't get stranded there. If you leave gig, and stupidly realise that “doh, never thought of how I’m going to get home. Why is there no gold carriage waiting outside for me”, you can put one foot in front of the other and walk the 20 minutes to Rathmines. It’s really only places like Punchestown, Marley Park, Slane that have access/exit issues.

Rubbish. Anywhere that's within half an hour walking distance from city centre should not be a problem. Start walking towards town. Taxis everywhere at 11.30 bells. 15 minutes walk brings you to canal, leeson street area. Bushy Park would be alright too. Can't get stranded there. If you leave gig, and stupidly realise that “doh, never thought of how I’m going to get home. Why is there no gold carriage waiting outside for me”, you can put one foot in front of the other and walk the 20 minutes to Rathmines. It’s really only places like Punchestown, Marley Park, Slane that have access/exit issues.

Bit prickly chief. "Gold carriage!" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It can't possibly be a good venue for a gig though can it? It's as open air as a venue can be nearly, they'll have a job on the sound desk. wonder how they got the go ahead to with houses on the Anglesea road going to be hard to live in for the 2 days if not National fans..

Landsdown and Croker are big stadia that contain some of the sound. This can't in the slightest. It's an odd one, but the price of not wanting to do business with MCD I guess

Weepsie wrote: »
    It can't possibly be a good venue for a gig though can it? It's as open air as a venue can be nearly, they'll have a job on the sound desk. wonder how they got the go ahead to with houses on the Anglesea road going to be hard to live in for the 2 days if not National fans..

Landsdown and Croker are big stadia that contain some of the sound. This can't in the slightest. It's an odd one, but the price of not wanting to do business with MCD I guess
    trees on one side and a stand on the other. and one end with the stage. unless it's a particularly windy day it'll be fine.
    the Longitude area of Marley Park and the FF main stage at RHK are much bigger areas with some trees around the perimeter and I've never noticed any issues.

the Anglesea Rd residents are well used to outdoor concerts and events in the RDS a few minutes walk away, so I'm sure they'll survive.

and for access it's a brilliant venue, as outlined earlier, walking distance from the city centre, loads of bus and taxi routes nearby, as well as Luas and DART stations within walking distance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Is it just me or are these tickets still not up on Ticketmaster? I know they aren't on sale until Friday but should the event not be listed by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I got an email saying presale was tomorrow but it didn't mention anything about codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭lc180

Email from who?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

lc180 wrote: »
    Email from who?

I got it from Ticketmaster today

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tfarrell

I got an email too but nothing about codes... FFS ticketmaster!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

So how did the email go, have just emailed them. Had received presales before but not this one. Perhaps only for people that had interest/bought Vicar st gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

tfarrell wrote: »
    I got an email too but nothing about codes... FFS ticketmaster!!!!

Might not be any code, was there a link/url for the presale?

• Advertisement

Advertisement