Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 216

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

is johnson vs borg off

• Registered Users Posts: 29,575 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

is johnson vs borg off

No, it's just so boring UFC forgot to add it to that pic.

• Site Banned Posts: 2 Theacros

Crazy reach on Kevin!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Borg aint that bad but DJ is a freak and will want that record

Also DJ has one of these

DfHLkBc.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Lee will gas hard from the cut and get strangled in rd 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Think we will have a couple of upsets tonight. Hopefully black beast knocks werdum out.

The last two prelim fights on fs1 should be great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm struggling to see how Lee could win this fight, it's a huge step up from Chiesa. Ferguson on points for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Lewis by K fukcing O
    Tony by a Darce in the 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Would love to see Lee do it and make himself a star. Young, brash, great story, can talk. Though Tony has deserved his title shot for years so I'm torn. I'll go with Lee by decision.

DJ by KO/TKO and Werdum by Sub (though nothing would make he happier to see Lewis land one on him and knock him out).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Tony..by funky spinning **** into choke of death.
    DJ....by DJ
    Beast...by K to the O mother ****ers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,243 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Ferguson will win and then unleash some serious abuse McGregor's way about defending his belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You have to think Ferg but just have a sneaking suspicion this could be one of those times when the young gun has a real breakthrough performance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

RDA was afraid of Tony's guard, hes too dangerous off his back to try lay and pray on like Lee likes to do, Tony has beaten some of the best strikers in the game too Barboza RDA even Lando who he eventually wore down his pace is Diaz like but with kicks especially that front kick, be very impressed if Lee isnt merked here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

decent card, well.. decent in comparison to recent ones at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Would love to see Lee do it and make himself a star. Young, brash, great story, can talk. Though Tony has deserved his title shot for years so I'm torn. I'll go with Lee by decision.

DJ by KO/TKO and Werdum by Sub (though nothing would make he happier to see Lewis land one on him and knock him out).

Lee will have his time. Nothing should deny us Tony with a belt for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Above all I'm looking forward to 3 good fights at the top of the main card. I hope Ferguson gets the win. Would love to see himself and Conor fight next. I think Mighty Mouse will win but I'd like to see Ray Borg somehow get the upset. And finally I hope Lewis knocks out Verdum for the win

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

All logic points towards a Ferguson win isn't the main. Bit this is MMA, upsets happen and I give Lee a decent chance. I'd see it being from a scramble where Lee ends up on the back and chokes him. Other than that, Ferguson KO, decision or Darce are all possible. Gun to head I pick Ferguson.

Both has little chance in my opinion. MM should be better everywhere. I predict a finish in the middle 3 rounds.

Lewis can trouble Werdum, but he needs a finish. Can't see him winning 2 rounds. But he can always finish. Werdum decision for me.

Dusquenoy is the real deal for me, should win. Vannata can make a good comeback with a win. I fancy Godbeer too.

I would absolutely love for Lewis to knock the absolute shyte out of Werdum. As much as I think Tony will win, it should still be a great fight where anything can happen.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I would absolutely love for Lewis to knock the absolute shyte out of Werdum. As much as I think Tony will win, it should still be a great fight where anything can happen.

Werdum v Black Beast is off

https://twitter.com/Jon_Anik/status/916790726129627136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fc-8oqtgrjgwu46x24u1gx2eikvjwdx2ekq.g00.sherdog.com%2Fg00%2F3_c-8hqtwou.ujgtfqi.eqo_%2Fc-8OQTGRJGWU46x24jvvrx3ax2fx2fu1g.ikvjwd.kqx2fkhtcogx2fvykvvgt.okp.jvonx3fk32e.octm.khtcog.vargx23138912948341849358_%24%2F%24%2F%24%23916790726129627136

One fighter is injured.

• Advertisement

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Bollox I was really looking forward to that one.

Same here, I dont give a sh!te about the 125 division (dont care if DJ defends a million times). There is some other good fights on tonight for sure but the only fight I am really looking forward to know is the main event.

WTF! Wonder what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

Ah FFS. That's annoying, very, very last minute too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    WTF! Wonder what happened.

Lewis' back according to helwani.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

qwabercd wrote: »
    Lewis' back according to helwani.

He had awful problems with it lately, hopefully this isn't the end for him, fun fighter to watch and even better to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

martyos121 wrote: »
    He had awful problems with it lately, hopefully this isn't the end for him, fun fighter to watch and even better to listen to.

Agreed. Listened to him on the mma hour after his last fight and he really seemed like he'd had enough. I think we might have seen the last of him for a while anyway. Hopefully not though, a breath of fresh air in a division that is the same old faces time and time again. I still think he'll always be limited by his stamina but in the HW division stamina doesn't always end up coming into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

martyos121 wrote: »

Yeah one of the realest out there. Was doing some great work after the hurricane Harvey in Houston. Crying shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I have a load of accumulators on with Lewis in them - what happens to my bets there???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

Crikey, Walt Harris vs Werdum now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

ardinn wrote: »
    I have a load of accumulators on with Lewis in them - what happens to my bets there???

That leg is void the rest will continue

Advertisement