Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 216

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Destiny looking good in there (DJ's wife). DJ needs to step up in competition now. He's obviously improved a lot since his loss to Cruz but I'd love to see how he would fare now.

I fancy Kevin Lee to seriously hurt Tony. Rewatched the Lando fight a few times, his chin is just insanely open and Lee's boxing fundamentals are crisp.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

That was serious ninja ****, incredible submission but come on tis against Ray bleeding Borg, try it on Cody...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

For some reason i see an upset here and lee to get the win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I fancy Kevin Lee to seriously hurt Tony. Rewatched the Lando fight a few times, his chin is just insanely open and Lee's boxing fundamentals are crisp.

He definitely has the power to hurt Tony.

Gamebred wrote: »
    That was serious ninja ****, incredible submission but come on tis against Ray bleeding Borg, try it on Cody...

When Jones was whooping everyone at 205 were you saying "try that on Cain"? or when GSP was smashing everyone at 170 were you saying "try thain on Anderson"?

• Advertisement

When Jones was whooping everyone at 205 were you saying "try that on Cain"? or when GSP was smashing everyone at 170 were you saying "try thain on Anderson"?

Yeah actually I always wanted to see Jones at hw and GSP is going up to 185 and challenging himself so not sure what your point is.

Destiny looking good in there (DJ's wife). DJ needs to step up in competition now. He's obviously improved a lot since his loss to Cruz but I'd love to see how he would fare now.

Ferguson should get the win handy enough here...... Queue Lee winning in round 1 now :pac:

Lee looks very animated, over confident even.

Ten Irish lads singing ole ole.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gamebred wrote: »
    Yeah actually I always wanted to see Jones at hw and GSP is going up to 185 and challenging himself so not sure what your point is.
    When they were champ, I wanted to see GSP and Jones move up for superfights too. (I want to see DJ do it too).
    But the fact GSP never fought Silva at their prime doesn't take away from his run at 170.

• Advertisement

Tony by darce out of a scramble imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

These guys have to be at least 170 in there.

Is Lee gassing already?

myshirt wrote: »
    These guys have to be at least 170 in there.

Every 155 fighter is +/- 170 on fight night.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sick to death of fighters getting warning(s) for ridiculous offenses.

I wish referees would have a bit of bottle and deduct a point for Lee's scumbag late hit at the end of the first.

As expected, Lee is gassed and about to get strangled here massive energy dump.

What is tony screaming?

Tony will finish in this round

That was a poor fight.

Every 155 fighter is +/- 170 on fight night.

I would think max 165. These are very big guys for 155. I'm being kind with 170. They could have been 175-180.

Well done to Ferguson here. Great to see those ladies jumping up and down in the crowd.

• Advertisement

myshirt wrote: »
    I would think max 165.

You'd think wrong.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Such bad news for Conor. Tony is legit

Called that fight to a tee, very easy to predict tough weigh cutter with questionable cardio against a machine with sick submissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

****ing fantastic seeing Lee getting submitted.

A complete arsehole and that late shot (and attempt at a second one) at the end of the first just added to it further.

Hopefully that will soften his cough.

You'd think wrong.

Forever the optimist.

Can't be safe. Cutting techniques have turned unreal. Why can't these guys find the weight they are healthiest at and fight in around that. Rehydrating 25 pounds or short of 20% of your fighting weight is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Congrats to Tony, and yessssssssssssssssss seeing him and Conor fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how it's so common for UFC headliners to have staph infections?

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Congrats to Tony, and yessssssssssssssssss seeing him and Conor fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont hold your breathe.

The armbar was kinda sloppy. Not nearly as secure as Joe was making out.
    Triangle was good, but Lee walked right into it.
    Had Tony by sub, so happy out (and posted in the gambling thread before I'm accused of AFing)

• Advertisement

Delighted for Tony and I would love to see him beat Conor. You would think if Conor does defend the belt that if he wins, he will go off for another money fight rather than defending again. Tony is a likable guy and he would be a good champion. :)

Advertisement