Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 216

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Paully D wrote: »
    Silva was also juiced off his tits for the duration of his reign and his "legacy" should now be destroyed.

Since coming back from his ban and finally fighting clean, he has lost to Bisping, Cormier, and was gifted a terrible decision win against Brunson which he clearly lost.

It was all a myth.

Brunson win was lucky, but you can't hold that against him and not question losing to Bisping in England

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I like DJ but this division is incredibly weak. It's an impressive record.....but its impressive in the same way that Ronda was. With an asterisk. She beat soccer moms and got creamed against the first actual fighter she fought.

DJ's situation is a little better but not much. A serious lack of talent on offer and if he moves up in weight again, he'll probably lose again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

derfderf wrote: »
    Brunson win was lucky, but you can't hold that against him and not question losing to Bisping in England

That was one of the clearest 48-47's you will ever see IMO. 3 rounds to 2 was absolutely the correct decision for me.

Look at how many media guys felt the same:

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/6844/Michael-Bisping-vs-Anderson-Silva

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Bisping won that fight. Only salty Anderson fans thought any different.

Kirby wrote: »
    I like DJ but this division is incredibly weak. It's an impressive record.....but its impressive in the same way that Ronda was. With an asterisk. She beat soccer moms and got creamed against the first actual fighter she fought.

DJ's situation is a little better but not much. A serious lack of talent on offer and if he moves up in weight again, he'll probably lose again.

DJ should have taken that TJ fight. It would have got him more money and if he won more credibility.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Bisping won that fight. Only salty Anderson fans thought any different.

The fight was very close. Firs time I watched it I thought it was clearly an Anderson win, when I rewatched it I can see how Bisping won.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,375 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Love DJ in terms of skill and technique, he's absolutely top class, but for god sake come on Borg knock him the fcuk out please.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,131 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

derfderf wrote: »
    Bisping fight clearky lost under 10-point must scoring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

So DJ sees Bisping hand picking fights against pensioners, Conor fighting Nate twice, Dom Cruz fighting Cody who's outside the top 5, etc, etc, etc, but he's getting **** for turning down a fight with TJ who's never made 125 and has struggled to make 135 at times?

People need to catch on to themselves.

Mellor wrote: »
    Bisping fight clearky lost under 10-point must scoring

That one round was AT LEAST 10-8, bisping was literally knocked out and saved by the bell.

• Advertisement

The fight was very close. Firs time I watched it I thought it was clearly an Anderson win, when I rewatched it I can see how Bisping won.
    The you just watch the fight or did you actively score round by round.
    I could see how people lookin at the fight as a whole felt Silva did more to win. But he did it all in only two rounds. He dicked around in rounds he needed to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

He makes it look so easy

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Very boring. Dj is morose. Crowd is gone to sleep. If you're the goat or p4p then finish these bums in one.

So DJ sees Bisping hand picking fights against pensioners, Conor fighting Nate twice, Dom Cruz fighting Cody who's outside the top 5, etc, etc, etc, but he's getting **** for turning down a fight with TJ who's never made 125 and has struggled to make 135 at times?

People need to catch on to themselves.

There is a difference though. DJ is actively complaining he isn't getting paid enough for his fights.... even though his PPV sales are dire. People are giving him sh1t for not taking the money fight, if he wants the money, he can't expect to fight Ray Borg and get paid the same money as if he had fought TJ.

What money fight? TJ is nobody. Nobody gives a ****e about TJ.

What numbers has TJ done as a headliner? His numbers are no better than DJ's. And honestly, who cares about PPV numbers?
    When fans start talking about ppv numbers you know the sport has crossed into WWE nonsense.

What numbers has TJ done as a headliner? His numbers are no better than DJ's. And honestly, who cares about PPV numbers?
    When fans start talking about ppv numbers you know the sport has crossed into WWE nonsense.

You don't think DJ v TJ would sell better than DJ v Borg?

You don't think DJ v TJ would sell better than DJ v Borg?

no, not really.
    The majority of "casuals" still won't care because they don't know who either fighter is, it's 2 years since TJ got shine from Conor calling him a snake, he's no more relevant now than he was then.

I dont give a sh1t about ppv numbers to be honest, I was just making a point about him wanting more money despite being the worst ppv seller.

I really wanted to see him v TJ is all, it would have been an awesome fight and if he beat TJ I would be amazed.

All UFC headliners deserve more money. Using DJ or anyone else asking to be get fair pay as a stick to beat them with is ridiculous. The UFC are raping these men and they by and large get sweet FA in return. Dana white et al are scumbags milking these men and women.

That armbar was a thing of beauty. You have to be a different level of genius to even see that opening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Ridiculous

GOAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Wow amazing stuff. Congrats mighty mouse. What a fantastic way to break the record

Wow, I dont like the guy but my god :O that was amazing

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

That is just insane. One of the greatest subs you will ever see

Fair play, DJ

That one round was AT LEAST 10-8, bisping was literally knocked out and saved by the bell.
    He was absolutely saved by the bell.
    But he wasn't literally knocked out. He was dropped, but stayed alert imo.
    It was a savage knee. But from memory, that aggression at the end of the fight was all he did in that round. I don't think a knock down is enough for a 10-8.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It'll take a while, but people will eventually appreciate how great he is when he's gone.

One of the best ever and a joy to watch.

My laptop died in the 5th round :(

Caught the replay. That was quality. One of the best takedown sub combos I've seen. Lads everywhere be trying the next week.

The only thing that's going to hurt more than Ray Borg's arm in a week's time is Johnson's lower back after he has Joe Rogan's head surgically removed from his arse.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    My laptop died in the 5th round :(

Caught the replay. That was quality. One of the best takedown sub combos I've seen. Lads everywhere be trying the next week.

I have a feeling some freakishly strong 18 year old will be trying to suplex me monday morning...

Advertisement