Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Checki0610

lozzle wrote: »
    I just think its way too early to sign contracts for a house that hasnt even been built yet.
    Having to re apply for a mortgage is a pain too, what if criteria has changed since last time the mortgage was approved. If winter is bad and houses are all delayed being finished, come the new year there could be very different criteria for mortgages.

Ye I know your right I 100% agree with you it's such a pain but we just took the risk cause we wanted the house, you could chance waiting as long a possible and hope the house you want is still available closer to the time it's ready

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lozzle

Checki0610 wrote: »
    Ye I know your right I 100% agree with you it's such a pain but we just took the risk cause we wanted the house, you could chance waiting as long a possible and hope the house you want is still available closer to the time it's ready

paying the €5000 booking deposit i felt was enough to hold the house we wanted and then i presumed contracts would be issued nearer the end of the year to ensure the house had at least started being built! but the contracts were out straight away !
    just feel its all too soon and its all in the builders favour!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Starfish5000

lozzle wrote: »
    paying the €5000 booking deposit i felt was enough to hold the house we wanted and then i presumed contracts would be issued nearer the end of the year to ensure the house had at least started being built! but the contracts were out straight away !
    just feel its all too soon and its all in the builders favour!

I agree- it is all in the builders favour which is annoying, my loan runs out end of Dec so am just hoping to be in by then and not have to reapply for loan again!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corre10

Fk28 wrote: »
    We got the call about them removing the breakfast bar. We're have a type D house. We were told that it was to allow for the double oven. I wasn't happy about it considering its in the brochure and the plans. I met with Nolan kitchens today to see about add in inserts into the kitchen presses. They said that once the roof is on the house they start putting in the kitchen straight away and therefore any extras have to be paid up in full in the next week or two. So if anyone is planning to meet with Nolan kitchens do it ASAP.
    Also I noticed that the two tone presses don't look like two tone presses anymore as there are very little high presses so it just looks like there at two white presses and the remainder are a mushroom grey colour. I don't know if this is the same in any of the houses but if anyone has the D house might be something to look into.

Were you contacted by HMCD to discuss or arrange any mods to your kitchen? Strange that Nolan's will do changes for you without any notification from the builder that they are even ready for changes. Considering all the roofs are on and have been for some time you'd think they would contact you when it's going in as it's probably already too late for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lavly

Fk28 wrote: »
    We got the call about them removing the breakfast bar. We're have a type D house. We were told that it was to allow for the double oven. I wasn't happy about it considering its in the brochure and the plans. I met with Nolan kitchens today to see about add in inserts into the kitchen presses. They said that once the roof is on the house they start putting in the kitchen straight away and therefore any extras have to be paid up in full in the next week or two. So if anyone is planning to meet with Nolan kitchens do it ASAP.
    Also I noticed that the two tone presses don't look like two tone presses anymore as there are very little high presses so it just looks like there at two white presses and the remainder are a mushroom grey colour. I don't know if this is the same in any of the houses but if anyone has the D house might be something to look into.

Is Nolan Kitchens the supplier used by Cairn? Do you have contact details for Nolan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 LucanRS2017

Hi , I got phone call from Sarah Jane from Cairn Homes few days ago, she advised kitchen layout for house type C will be changed. The Kitchen will be at the front of the house, they will do L shape not U with breakfast bar and front kitchen window will be small not large as on marketing brochure or show house in Park Side. I asked her if they can add large window at the back of the house and she said NO. I don't feel this is right, after we signed contract they are calling with house design changes. When we went to see the houses Winston from Hook & McDonald told me that house C will be same as in Park Side. Houses in Park Side have all front windows large type, downstairs and upstairs. In Shackleton park they replacing them for cheaper & smaller type. This is changing house design from outside and inside.. not good at all !!!

Hi , I got phone call from Sarah Jane from Cairn Homes few days ago, she advised kitchen layout for house type C will be changed. The Kitchen will be at the front of the house, they will do L shape not U with breakfast bar and front kitchen window will be small not large as on marketing brochure or show house in Park Side. I asked her if they can add large window at the back of the house and she said NO. I don't feel this is right, after we signed contract they are calling with house design changes. When we went to see the houses Winston from Hook & McDonald told me that house C will be same as in Park Side. Houses in Park Side have all front windows large type, downstairs and upstairs. In Shackleton park they replacing them for cheaper & smaller type. This is changing house design from outside and inside.. not good at all !!!

Did anyone change kitchen design with Nolen kitchens?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

Just looking to see if anyone is in the same boat as myself and my partner. We got approval in principle back in July as they just want one payslip for my partner as she is moving into a new position. It look's like the payslip wont be available till the end of October but worse case it will be the end of November but signing off dates for our house is suppose to be the middle of November or end of November.

We are afraid we are going to lose the house if we don't get the payslip in on time but I am nearly sure there is ways around it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spx3

dn2017 wrote: »
    Just looking to see if anyone is in the same boat as myself and my partner. We got approval in principle back in July as they just want one payslip for my partner as she is moving into a new position. It look's like the payslip wont be available till the end of October but worse case it will be the end of November but signing off dates for our house is suppose to be the middle of November or end of November.

We are afraid we are going to lose the house if we don't get the payslip in on time but I am nearly sure there is ways around it?
    Surely HR/payroll in your partner's workplace can give her a letter or preliminary payslip that confirms the details the bank needs? You're right, there's always a way around these things. Did you ask the bank what to do in this situation? They have prob seen similar issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

spx3 wrote: »
    Surely HR/payroll in your partner's workplace can give her a letter or preliminary payslip that confirms the details the bank needs? You're right, there's always a way around these things. Did you ask the bank what to do in this situation? They have prob seen similar issues.

To be honest her job is not making it any easier for her. We gave in a payslip this month which was €100 of and the bank wouldn't accept it. The Bank has all the details with letters for promotion and it has been signed off by the underwriters so once we get the payslip in then we should get the full approval letter.

There is nothing they can do in the bank until we get the payslip so this is what has us worried.

Just up at site tday- here are a few pics of the first row and the start of the second row on Shackleton Way and Shackleton Place I think as was standing at the back of a garden

Just up at site tday- here are a few pics of the first row and the start of the second row on Shackleton Way and Shackleton Place I think as was standing at the back of a garden

Nice! I can see my house!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spx3

thanks for sharing! made my day :)

spx3 wrote: »
    thanks for sharing! made my day :)

Ha no worries!

dn2017 wrote: »
    To be honest her job is not making it any easier for her. We gave in a payslip this month which was €100 of and the bank wouldn't accept it. The Bank has all the details with letters for promotion and it has been signed off by the underwriters so once we get the payslip in then we should get the full approval letter.

There is nothing they can do in the bank until we get the payslip so this is what has us worried.

Get your solicitor onto the job, there's always delays at all stages, I don't think it being a big issue once you've come this far

• Registered Users Posts: 30 23ChaChaCha

I know it's quite frustrating. I asked Winston if there was a digitalised plan for the kitchen that he could send me. He said he should he able to get his hands on one soon. I liked the breakfast bar in the original plans it gave extra counter-top space I hope there is enough counter top space with this new design. I went over to Parkside recently to have a nose and they seem to be doing the same thing with the type C houses there now too. As they had the large and small window to the front meaning the kitchen is to the front now too. I peaked over the back wall and they only put a small window in the back which was diaappointing i think another set if double doors would have been nice or a at least a larger window :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fk28

corre10 wrote: »
    Were you contacted by HMCD to discuss or arrange any mods to your kitchen? Strange that Nolan's will do changes for you without any notification from the builder that they are even ready for changes. Considering all the roofs are on and have been for some time you'd think they would contact you when it's going in as it's probably already too late for most.

Cairn called contacted me about losing the breakfast bar. I then contacted Nolan kitchens myself. Yeah I couldn't believe it that we weren't told kitchens are going in the next week or two so get onto Nolan kitchens for any changes, extras etc. But then again they don't Cairn don't really want people changing things as they are worried it will interfere with the completion schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fk28

Lavly wrote: »
    Is Nolan Kitchens the supplier used by Cairn? Do you have contact details for Nolan?

Yeah Nolan Kitchens are the supplier.
    http://www.nolankitchens.com/

We dealt with a girl called Alison, she is looking after Shackleton

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ap1234

We went out and met with nolan kitchens. Theres not much they let you change other than the counter tops. No colour change to presses or the finish it has to the two tone high gloss. You can get afew extras such as bins fitted to a press or slide out shelfs.

• Advertisement

Ap1234 wrote: »
    We went out and met with nolan kitchens. Theres not much they let you change other than the counter tops. No colour change to presses or the finish it has to the two tone high gloss. You can get afew extras such as bins fitted to a press or slide out shelfs.

What kind of money would you be talking to change the counter top finish? We have the A type house. I heard from a friend who bought in churchfields she got her whole kitchen changed but cost a fortune, a bin storage cabinet was pretty pricey.

What kind of money would you be talking to change the counter top finish? We have the A type house. I heard from a friend who bought in churchfields she got her whole kitchen changed but cost a fortune, a bin storage cabinet was pretty pricey.

It is very dear we got a quote of 2600 to change counter top, bin storage, and pull out shelves in a press.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lavly

It is very dear we got a quote of 2600 to change counter top, bin storage, and pull out shelves in a press.

Is this quote for a granite counter top? What type of house do you have?

Lavly wrote: »

Is this quote for a granite counter top? What type of house do you have?

Its for a quartz counter top for a type b house. I think the counter top alone was 1790. The bins in the press are like 300. And if you want to upgrade the sink it was extra for a bowl and a half. That was actually included in the 2600 estimate.

Its for a quartz counter top for a type b house. I think the counter top alone was 1790. The bins in the press are like 300. And if you want to upgrade the sink it was extra for a bowl and a half. That was actually included in the 2600 estimate.

Did you ask if it would contribute to a delay? Nolan's kitchen have said they expect a kitchen order imminently from Cairn I'm guessing that means all the kitchens?. We're interested in changing the counter top finish but not at a risk to schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 29 8090xl

Did you ask if it would contribute to a delay? Nolan's kitchen have said they expect a kitchen order imminently from Cairn I'm guessing that means all the kitchens?. We're interested in changing the counter top finish but not at a risk to schedule

That would be interesting to know. :confused: Thought they would be onto the kitchen by now or soon, but we were able to book an appointment with them for end of next week, nevertheless. Maybe they don't mind the delays. :D Let's see what they will tell us regrading changes, delays and so. Does anyone else know more about this?

8090xl wrote: »
    That would be interesting to know. :confused: Thought they would be onto the kitchen by now or soon, but we were able to book an appointment with them for end of next week, nevertheless. Maybe they don't mind the delays. :D Let's see what they will tell us regrading changes, delays and so. Does anyone else know more about this?

We have an appointment with them this weekend so I'll report back when I know more. We thought that they would be well into the kitchens by now and that we would be too late to make changes. Somehow I don't see Nolan's being too worried about delays to Cairn schedules if they are making money out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TommyGrealy

Thanks for this! How did you manage to get access? I went to the barrier one day and asked if there was any way I could speak to a foreman or anyone that might let me view my property - no way!
    Im stuck to driving into doddsburough cotteges and looking between the gaps in the houses (our house is on Shackleton Way)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AndyZ

https://m.facebook.com/groups/148343259091327
    Facebook group if you would like to join and share the newest info regarding this development.

We uploaded a couple of pics from today as well for the Shackleton Way.

Enjoy!😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TommyGrealy

AndyZ wrote: »
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/148343259091327
    Facebook group if you would like to join and share the newest info regarding this development.

We uploaded a couple of pics from today as well for the Shackleton Way.

Enjoy!😉
    Thanks, requested to join.

Advertisement